As Americans pause to review the past year and look ahead to 2011, I’d like to look back on what I feel were the top 10 articles here on MRC for 2010. The following articles demonstrate why this site has become a go-to source for Conservatives, TEA Partiers and Independents:
10. Nate Gunderson wrote a great article reviewing the first year of Mitt Romney Central and how successful our site has become. I think all of the team members here are grateful for the growth of MRC from a small site to becoming the ultimate destination for all Mitt Romney related news and articles.
9. MRC opened our Mitt Romney 2012 store this year which makes us a convenient source to purchase American-made products to proudly show support for Governor Romney!
8. Governor Romney released his highly anticipated new book in the March of this year. Luke Gunderson gave us sneak peak of No Apology: The Case for American Greatness - a tremendous must-have reference for anyone interested in getting America back on track.
7. Lots of work has been done behind the scenes here at MRC — and we have to give credit where credit is due. Our man Dave P. has researched and compiled tons of relevant info on all the major issues of our time. Dave has put in many hours of tedious work to create a library of recourses, where all Mitt Romney fans can go to get actual Mitt Romney quotes, videos, and links regarding his stance on issues such as Abortion, Immigration, and Health Care Reform.
6. A misconception about Mitt Romney s that he is a RINO. Aaron Gunderson wrote an great article addressing that very issue. It deserves to be read by every conservative as they ponder which 2012 candidate to support for the next presidential election. (I also recommend reading his follow up article explaining how a true conservative like Mitt Romney was a Tea Partier long before the Tea Party exploded onto national politics.)
5. We’ve seen many favorable polls here over the past year. Aaron Gundy’s post about the Marist 2012 GOP poll is a good reminder of why Mitt Romney will be a tough challenger for the 2012 as Mitt Romney as he receives support from diverse groups such as the Tea Party, Independents, college graduates, and women.
4. Bosman has written a series of excellent articles on RomneyCare but I like this article the most in which he clearly explains that we already have a health care mandate in the United States. He explains how Romney’s plan is different and emphasizes a crucial question: Should individuals pay for their own health care or pay for other people’s health care?
3. Rebel Ross’ article, So This is How Liberty Dies…With Thunderous Applause, is a powerful post lamenting loss of freedom that came with the passage of ObamaCare and strongly condemns political leaders in Congress who so foolishly patted themselves on the back for passing a law which undermines the freedoms that Americans enjoy. As one of my top three personal favorite posts on MRC, it is worth reading again.
2. Vox Patriota’s article The Year of Our Obama is one the most compelling and impressive articles I’ve read on any site for why Barack Obama needs to be a one term president. Nate Gunderson listed this article as one of his favorite articles and its certainly another one of my top three favorite articles on MRC. It perfectly captures the collective frustration and anger that many conservatives, Independents, TEA Partiers, libertarians and growing wave of liberals feel towards him. As the 2012 elections comes closer, its worth reading again to remind ourselves why we need a man like Mitt Romney in office.
1. Jayde Wyatt’s post showing Mitt Romney’s Christmas card generated huge buzz on the internet as websites such as POLITICO, National Review, TIME, Hot Air, a prominent Canadian news site, Wonkette and Comedy Central’s Indecision Forever posted links to her article. It generated approximately 15,000 visitors to our site that day. Way to go, Jayde!!
All of us here look forward to 2011 — it will be an exciting year as the 2012 election starts to heat up and we continue to attract more fans of Mitt Romney. Thank you all for a fabulous 2010; here’s to another great year!
As we say goodbye to 2010 and welcome 2011, we wish everyone a happy and safe New Year’s eve and day!