We are going to win!
Assuming Mitt Romney is elected President of the United States, he just made the first major decision of his presidency. His selection of Paul Ryan as his vice president is another outstanding decision that is rattling already spooked operatives in the executive branch.
Paul Ryan & Mitt Romney in High Point, North Carolina — August 12, 2012. Photo by Sara D. Davis / Getty Images
Governor Romney offered four criteria for his selection of a VP running mate. He has said often that this person must be able to step in as POTUS from the day he is elected VP. In addition, in last night’s 60 Minutes interview he said the person had to have the “experience, judgment, capacity [read: intelligence], and character…” He said Paul Ryan clearly met each of these.
Mitt Romney’s choice for vice president is widely considered to have broken the perception that he and his campaign were playing it safe. Frankly, I never thought that for a moment; however I did think he has been playing it smart by not spending a lot of money and political capital during the summer doldrums when few people pay attention to politics. Contrast decisions made by President Obama, who is indecisive and timid regarding major international affairs of state, failing to assume a major leadership role characteristic of most former US chief executives. World leaders are clamoring for American leadership abroad. Even American legislators are drifting as a result of the void of executive leadership. Which of the two presidential candidates is playing it safe? The stark irony and reality is that it is Barack Obama.
There have been many outstanding quotes about Paul Ryan and Governor Romney’s selection these past 48 hours. My favorite quote of them all about Paul Ryan was by Bill Bennett, for whom Ryan worked at Empower America:
“He is a guy without guile, without pretense. He likes to hang out with actuaries for relaxation,”
Think about how any person could describe a national leader or politician that would be a greater compliment than “being without guile and pretense?” The same is true of Mitt Romney. They both are cut from the same cloth when it comes to character. I happen to believe that one of the reasons Governor Romney chose Paul Ryan was because he is a humble man. Has any person ever described Barack Obama in any way even remotely similar? What about Biden? Sadly, never.
This weekend I heard just about every criticism the Democrats could muster to describe Paul Ryan and the Romney/Ryan ticket. Most laughable of them all was their projection of Romney’s policy plans versus those of Obama. They believe Obama’s policies are superior. Let’s use a little bit of brain power here – maybe a little logic and reasoning?
Even if you think Obama’s policies are the best overall, how could you ever believe the man will successfully execute them? America is suffering under his policies. We are in stagflation after years of Obama policy. The only reason we don’t hear about stagflation more frequently is because one component is in its early stages: inflation. But the lack of consumer and business growth has been our course for many quarters and rising unemployment is a fact. Obama is to be trusted to execute his policies? Obama has broken at least two dozen commitments to American citizens. Here are some big ones: He promised to cut unemployment to 6.5% in his first term (we are at 8.2% and 15% when considering those who quit looking for a job). He committed to cut federal deficits in half in his first term. Instead, he allowed debt to balloon by $5 trillion! He promised to close Gitmo; an easy commitment to fulfill as POTUS. Obama’s answer to just about any problem is to spend more and to support the spend by taxing more. Obama is a great talker; he knows how to promise.
Mitt Romney knows how to execute. That is what he does. Every challenge he has taken on, he mastered. Whether to cut the debt with an 85% Democrat legislature in Massachusetts or to take a corruption-riddled Olympics project to one of the most successful Olympic Games in American history, Mitt Romney always attains the goals he sets. Execution of policy? Whom to trust to execute his policies? Obama or Romney? The answer is perfectly clear. America needs a complete turnaround. Do we trust the master of stagflation or the master of the turnaround?
Finally, Mr. Obama, and those he has chosen to surround him, are devoid of a moral compass. They have no compunction to lying. The most recent example is the Internet ad falsely implicating Governor Romney in the homicide of a woman. All of Obama’s closest advisers have stated they don’t know much about the entity that created it but when challenged on those assertions, they change the subject in shameless ways to prove they agree with and endorse the foundational premise of the ad. They are full of guile and pretense. One reason America is so lacking in executive leadership is because Barack Obama has no moral authority – he currently has power, yes, but he completely lacks authority. Space does not allow me to elaborate; suffice to say that any “leader” that is willing to lie to retain or gain power is doing so to cover behavior unbecoming the Office of President.
I introduced this piece with, “We are going to win!” I know we are going to win; this is not a hunch. Here are some clues:
In Flight, August 11, 2021 — Photo Credit: Newsday.com
- Compare the size of the Romney and Obama rallies; Romney’s in Wisconsin and North Carolina over the weekend were 10,000+…Obama’s are sparse now (follow Drudge for regular crowd updates).
- Obama will be the first incumbent president in American history to raise less money than his challenger (an important type of “vote”).
- Obama begs for money at every turn. As incumbent, he has held over 200 fund raisers; that is more than all five previous incumbent presidents combined. This is an important reason Obama is an ineffective POTUS; he spends all his time either raising money or resting from raising money (golfing).
- We frequently hear of elected Democrat officials and Democrat voters publicly declare they plan to vote for and support Mitt Romney for president; we never hear the opposite.
- Romney is far smarter than Obama. Obama is a smooth talker; even a better talker than Romney. But Romney has spent his entire life setting strategy, inspiring others to his vision, and exceeding expectations.
- Obama has far outspent Romney these past three months to no avail; polls had them tied when he began and they are basically tied now. Watch the needle when Romney/Ryan begin to get their message out and challenge Obama/Biden. They have yet to begin the fight.
- At this stage in 1980 (90 days out), Carter was leading Reagan by 9 points; Reagan crushed Carter in a landslide (Carter’s economy was our last stagflation by the way).
- Romney is a man of character with an unblemished reputation of moral authority. Obama has fully abdicated his responsibility of leadership by blaming other individuals, entities, and predecessors; he has never been a leader in the classic sense. American citizens know the difference.
We must all work as hard as we can — every day — to help Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan execute their strategy for the benefit of the greatest nation on Earth. Join Twitter to promote MRC. Use Facebook to get the word out often for Romney/Ryan. Yes, it is work, but it is fun work and being part of a winning team is the best!
“There is no limit to what you can accomplish if you don’t care who gets the credit.” ~ by Ronald Reagan
“The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” ~ by Dr. Samuel Johnson
American Values: “In God We Trust” — “Liberty” — “E Pluribus Unum”
Twitter Follow: @VicLundquist — Dedicated to all members of The United States military and their families