Mitt Romney Central has produced nearly 5,000 posts seeking to educate, enlighten and advocate for principles of freedom and for American values, with a key focus on Mitt Romney, his message, and cause. There is plenty of substance to review for those wishing to troll through the writings that each of us have posted on MRC. That said, each of us have been encouraged to take a moment and highlight what matters most to us in this election, and how Mitt Romney personifies such - which is tough by any measure (and not for any absence of substance). National Review Online recently submitted a poster of 689 reasons
to defeat Obama. Contrarily, we are trying to distill our Romney positives down to our top three to ten reasons - why to vote for Mitt! There is so much to choose from, evidenced by our prolific writings of the past.
As a prelude, this is America’s Defining Moment and America demands a leader that defines our times, one who has been prepared for this moment; not in accolades of flattery, but in the substance of wisdom derived from knowledge applied through a lifetime of experience.
Here goes -
1. Character: It matters, and Mitt Romney’s life is simply a reflection of his character, to every whit. You see it in his devotion and love for his wife, Ann, and his family; You see it in his personal associations, associations that have lasted and endured through many years; you see it in those whom he has served throughout his lifetime; you see it in those affected and touched through his many endeavors; and, you see it in his tenderness to those in need or who he has just met. You can know the true mettle or character of a man by his legacy, his family, his friends and associations measured over time. Those who stand with Mitt don’t just know of him, they know him, having seen him in both public and private moments - he is the same. I know Mitt, and I know those who have known him most of their lives - Mitt Romney stands uniquely measured as a man of great character, far surpassing any whom I have known. You can trust him!
2. Competence: Wisdom is gained through experiential knowledge; through failure and success. Mitt Romney’s life experiences in business, philanthropy, service and government are unequaled by any who has served or sought the office of President of the United States in my lifetime. Wisdom gained through experience combined with principles and values aligned with family, faith, God and country are the measure of Mitt Romney. His depth of knowledge, experience and wisdom define his competence, proven through a lifetime of success.
3. Capacity: The capacity for contribution can be measured in many ways. However, I have not known anyone with a greater well of capacity to serve our country as President of the United States. Capacity is enabled by ability and availability, and Mitt Romney has all. A recent article noted the sacrifice Mitt Romney has made to serve our Country, having forgone nearly $2 billion in earnings and wealth creation, that he might make himself available to serve others! Even so, the capacity of the man is measured by the depth of his willing heart to place country and countrymen, and his family and God first.
4. Principled: Principles are like friends wherein we tend to be attracted to those most aligned with our own. Mitt chooses friends of equal character and principles. The point that his family is a reflection to every whit of how he has lived his life is a further illustration of the very principles that guide him. I am aligned with and respect the principles that have shaped the life of Mitt Romney. His devotion to family, faith, God and country are without question. The manner in which his life reflects these devotions and the underlying foundations of honesty, integrity, ethics, trust and character are further evidenced in his legacy and what those who know him say about him.
Mitt and Ann Romney sit in a waiting room with family members before the debate begins at Lynn University, Boca Raton, FL. Oct 23, 2021 (Photo - AP)
5. Integrity: Mitt’s business career speaks volumes of his integrity. Without equivocation, a lifetime of business successes, failures and association reflect one’s integrity. Mitt Romney is unchallenged by any who have known or worked with him as a man of stellar integrity. This matters, especially in governing and in Washington DC, or in any Statehouse for that matter. Too many men and women of good integrity have been swayed and influenced by the power in governing offices. I have confidence that Mitt Romney will not be influenced by contrary forces, nor compromised by the flattery of office or the power therein. He is who he is and we can trust him, with assurance that he will stand resolute and duty bound. He takes none of this to himself, recognizing the service in office is just that service - it isn’t about him, nor will it ever be. His service is a testament to my confidence.
6. Experience: There is not much to say here other than no one has been so prepared with a lifetime of experience. Mitt Romney’s life’s preparation in business, philanthropy, and government is unparalleled. Further, his life’s experience has been filled with innumerable opportunities, and at times insurmountable challenges, and in each one he has equaled or surpassed expectations. His successes in life’s experiences, and his failures, have shaped him and guided him to this defining moment for America’s history.
7. Resolve: Mitt Romney, contrary to the main stream media, is a man firm and resolute in standards and principles, and the decisions he undertakes are aligned therewith. He is open-minded, but not open-principled. He listens, measures all points against principles and values that matter, and moves with effectiveness and resolution to what is right. He is not one to capitulate to the situational standards of society.
8. Values: Mitt Romney’s values are traditional American values in every way. America is at a crossroads and needs a leader who reflects the traditional values of family, faith, God and America. We require a leader who will stand resolute against the fiery darts of those who would undermine that which matters. We need someone to lead who will stand for traditional marriage, life, family, freedom and liberty; someone who can and will lead with purpose and perspective; someone who understands the needs of the one, and the needs of the many and serve them accordingly. We need a man who cares - such is Mitt Romney; his life is a reflection of such, as most recently reported in the media.
9. Leadership: Leadership demands certain critical skill sets, including but not limited to, listening, analytics, problem solving, decision making, knowledge and the capacity to assimilate information, communication, empathy, wisdom and experience. Mitt Romney has proven himself in each of these areas. Whether in business, charitable service or government, he has clearly demonstrated leadership. You cannot lead where you have not been, and Mitt Romney leads. Whether with companies he started, or with the Olympics, or in the Statehouse as Governor, he didn’t ask of anyone what he wasn’t willing to do himself. A leader doesn’t mandate or direct, they inspire, motivate and draw people to a common objective. Mitt Romney will never ask of anyone what he doesn’t ask of himself!
10. Intelligence: Having been accused of being “wicked smart”, Mitt Romney is brilliant. His capacity to garner and retain knowledge, assimilate information and simplify complexity is unmeasured. I have seen him in innumerable circumstances where he has illustrated, without arrogance or condescension, his intelligence. His want to understand and his capacity to retain information, facts and data is amazing. He has a proven track record of applying what he knows in the highest and best use and for the purposes intended. In business it served the interests of his investors, business associates and clients; in service, his counsel, advice and leadership touched the lives of those whom he served in a significant manner; as Governor, the people of Massachusetts were greatly rewarded with a fiscally responsible government that served the people well, including better education and lower taxes with quality government service.
Simply summarized, Mitt Romney is everything Barack Obama isn’t!