VP debate: Remember this… Biden Says “I Always Say What I Mean”

During last night’s VP debate, Joe Biden told us, “I always say what I mean.”

He always says what he means.

Remember that, America.

Okay! Take a look at the top 10 worst lies V.P. Joe tried to foist on Americans during the debate in Danville; click here.

Joe is on record saying plenty of memorable things; here are a few:

Aug 14, 2021 - Vice President Joe Biden tells a Virginia crowd, Romney’s plan would “put y’all back in chains.”

Aug 1, 2021 - As a follow up to Democratic Rep. Mike Doyle suggesting that dealing with Tea Party and fiscal conservatives was like negotiating with terrorists, Biden reportedly piled on by saying, “They have acted like terrorists.”

July 5, 2022 - In an interview with ABC’s “This Week,” Biden conceded that the White House team “misread how bad the economy was.” His confession came as unemployment hit 9.5 percent, despite the administration’s insistence that it would hold to 8 percent with the stimulus plan.

Click to enlarge.
(AP Photo - Carolyn Kaster)

July 16, 2022 - Biden gave a blunt summation of the administration’s approach to stimulus spending: “People, when I say that, look at me and say, ‘What are you talking about, Joe? You’re telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?” he said at a stop in Virginia. “The answer is yes.”

July 16, 2022 - An open microphone caught Biden saying, “This is a big f—ing deal” to President Obama during a nationally televised Washington signing ceremony for the president’s health care law.

June 26, 2022 - Biden called the manager of a custard shop outside of Milwaukee a “smartass” after the man asked him to lower taxes. Biden made the comment after the Kopp’s Frozen Custard shop manager told him that his dessert would be on the house if he lowered taxes. “Why don’t you say something nice instead of being a smartass all the time?” Biden said a few minutes later.

More…

“When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn’t just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, ‘Look, here’s what happened.” –Joe Biden, apparently unaware that FDR wasn’t president when the stock market crashed in 1929 and that only experimental TV sets were in use at that time, interview with Katie Couric, Sept. 22, 2008 (source)

“You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent…. I’m not joking.” -Joe Biden, in a private remark to an Indian-American man caught on C-SPAN, June, 2006 (video)

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” –Joe Biden, referring to Barack Obama at the beginning of the 2008 Democratic primary campaign, Jan. 31, 2007 (source)

By cartoonist Bob Gorrell

Follow Jayde Wyatt on Twitter @YayforSummer

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to VP debate: Remember this… Biden Says “I Always Say What I Mean”

1. K.King L. says:

Awesome Comment Faith Kolb ,thank you for your words they need to be on a billboard.

2. Ruth Poulsen says:

I am a single 68 year old mother of 4, grandmother of 10 and one on the way. I worked most of my life and retired in 2010. I had a 401k but lost most of it in the stockmarket. Now I am trying to live on Social Security. All my bills were paid and if I didn’t have any extra expenses, I could survive on Social Security. In 2007 I was diagnosed with Myelofibrosis. At the time, this wasn’t too bad, a few blood tests and Doctor appointments per year. I had Medicare and supplemental insurance. As time went on things got worse and I could not afford my supplemental insurance. It cost more for the supplemental insurance than for the Doctor bills so I quit paying the insurance. This year I was diagnosed with an enlarged spleen and Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Suddenly my Doctor bills went up and I could no longer pay them. I knew I couldn’t afford the insurance, so I applied for Extra Help with Medicare but was turned down, seems I make $200.00 per year too much. I then applied for Medicaid assistance, but make less than $20.00 per month too much. However, I do qualify for $16.00 in food stamps per month. My last resort is going on the county indigent rolls. I worked for 50 years and paid into Social Security and now I am indigent.? I just started treatment for Lymphoma and have 7 more weeks of treatment and then one treatment a month for two years. I take a very expensive ($7,000 per month for INSURED patients) drug to help reduce my spleen. I am getting it free from the manufacturer, but have been told I will need to get supplemental insurance by the first of the year. I am only one of the many Social Security recipients that fall into the holes of Social Social Security and I want to know what you will do for people in my circumstances. Thank you and I am praying that you will be the next President of the United States.

Sincerely,
    Ruth Poulsen
    Grand Junction, Colorado

Bless you Ruth. I know Mitt Romney will make things better somehow. My heart goes out to you. Please don’t lose hope.
    Praying things get better.

4. Jenny says:

Man, I thought VP Biden did an exceptional job last night. He really picked up Ryan by the feet and used his Eddie Munster hairline to mop the floor like a champion. So what if he smiled and laughed. He was relaxed. Mitt acted like a rabid dog at the first debate..like the kind of guy that was a known bully in high school and actually attacked a poor kid with scissors and cut his hair off against his will. Oh yeah - he did do that. And Mitts charity giving is to his Mormon church - and its required. Ever heard of “Lying for the Lord?” Its an interesting little tidbit in mormonism..check it out. Romney and Ryan and the biggest liars and charlatans out there. They will do nothing for the middle class, elderly, children, education, poor….only for the rich and corporate interests. Dont be fooled.

5. clb2012now says:

I wanted a Vice President who would take serious the circumstances of America and the world. Evidently, dead Americans are funny, hurting Americans are funny, wanting to repair our social security or medicare is funny. What does Biden take seriously? The laughing Biden was just as bad as the silent Obama. The “Joe will be Joe” that everyone spouts makes me angry. He should be held to the same standard as any other public servant.

Biden wants to tax the millionaires and billionaires. I call that a success tax. Our tax system is already progressive. His boss wants to tax those who make above $200K. Yet Biden objected to a progressive system for Medicare. That Medicare premium support being proposed would be need based. Meaning those who make less get more premium support than those who make more. Right now, all get Medicare at the same cost no matter what their income.

Biden was chastising Ryan on the votes that he had done for Afghanistan and Irag and yet he voted the same way. Biden was chastising Ryan for promoting the needs of his constituents that I consider to be Ryan’s job as a Congressman. This war on credit card meme is malarkey. We need to remember that the military we pay for today is the military that we will use in 30 years not today.

I want a President that can stand up for himself, his record, his policies and AMERICA. Obama did not. I was not surprised by Obama during the debate but many were. So to those that were, which President is going to show up for work tomorrow? Obama does not attend meeting with his job council, doesn’t have department meeting, hadn’t been having his security briefings.

What I did NOT hear in the debate was what Obama is going to do with his next term and his”flexibility” He already goes around Congress so that is no deterrent. He refused to help other Democrats with their elections so that is no deterrent. What is he going to do? What plans? How does he expect to accomplish them?

I want an administration that takes responsibility for its actions. That speaks to America with frankness and clarity. They may not have had everything right after Benghazi but it wasn’t the video. I honestly believe that the administrations insistence that it was the video spurred the subsequent violence in the region. Who really is doing their job in this administration? Who’s hand is it on the reins if Obama and Biden “didn’t know”.

6. Roumiana says:

Biden had wanted to publicly his manifest, their abilities as comedian not as politician. Just , wrong place!!!!!!!