Today, Romney for President released a new television advertisement titled “Give Me A Break”. As President Bill Clinton took center stage at the Democratic National Convention last night, let’s take a stroll down memory lane and remember what he said just four years ago about President Obama.

“Give Me a Break”:

AD FACTS for “Give Me A Break”:

Voiceover: “As the economy gets worse, Barack Obama calls on Bill Clinton to help his failing campaign.

Text: “Obama Economy Even Worse”

· “The Obama Economy Is Weaker Than Previously Forecast And Darker Days Lie Ahead.” (Donald Lambro, Op-Ed, “Obama Economy Even Worse Than Anticipated,” The Washington Times, 8/23/12)

PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON: “It’s about which candidate is more likely to return us to full employment.”

· Pres Bill Clinton: “It’s about which candidate is more likely to return us to full employment.” (Obama For America’s, “Clear Choice”, 8/23/12)

Text: “Obama TV Ad”

Voiceover: “He’s a good soldier—helping his party’s president. But what did Bill Clinton say about Barack Obama in 2008?”

Text: “What Did Clinton Say About Obama In 2008?”

PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON: “Give me a break. This whole thing is the biggest fairy tale I’ve ever seen.”

· Pres Bill Clinton: “Give me a break. This whole thing is the biggest fairy tale I’ve ever seen.” (Bill Clinton, Remarks, Hanover, NH, 1/7/08)

Text: “23 Million Americans Struggling For Work”

· More Than Twenty-Three Million Americans Are Unemployed, Underemployed, Or Have Stopped Looking For Work. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, 8/26/12)

Voiceover: “23 million Americans struggling for work.”

Text: “‘The Middle Class Falls Further Behind’”

· CNN Money: “The Middle Class Falls Further Behind” (Aaron Smith, “The Middle Class Falls Further Behind,” CNN Money, 8/22/12)

Voiceover: “A middle class falling further behind.”

PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON: “Give me a break.”

· Pres Bill Clinton: “Give me a break.” (Bill Clinton, Remarks, Hanover, NH, 1/7/08)

MITT ROMNEY: “I’m Mitt Romney and I approved this message.”

Hypocrisy, falsehoods, and someone who knows how to spin a good yarn…

By David Horsey, LA Times - Sept 6, 2021

By Bob Gorell - Sept 6, 2021

UPDATE - Latest ad from American Crossroads:

Forward?

Follow Jayde Wyatt on Twitter @YayforSummer

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Romney’s New Ad: Bill Clinton re Obama 2008 - “Biggest fairy tale I’ve ever seen”

1. LeAnn S. says:

My father grew up during the depression and instead of graduating, he went into the CCC camp at the age of 14 and sent the money home to my grandparents. He was not an eloquent speaker, but he did say one thing that resonates today… “Crap” in one hand and hope in the other… see which one fills up first. Enough with “hope and change”… I want a president of action - one that is looking out for the best interests of this country and it’s people. Not a president that wants people dependent on a government that is incapable of running itself.

2. AfricansforRomney says:

Bubba is a liability for Dems party. Bubba is such a FILTHY guy and a liar unless you’ve a short memory like libs. He can pretend he’s cool with Obama, but there’s no way he can forget what Obama done to his wife.

Ummm…how much money W Bush spent for clorox bleach to scrub Bubba’s rooms in the WH. Bubba is a disgrace. I feel like taking a shower every time i see him.

3. AfricansforRomney says:

Frozone,
    Thanks for sharing. That was pretty good. Yeah, I say “what happend” to Democracy???? It feels like Obama’s agendas are suffocting us.hehehe

I feel there’s a Reagan waiting in the wings with another “R” in front of his name. Hopefully the final act of the Obama tragedy will bring the curtain down forever because of very poor reviews, of his pathetic performance.

Romney will be the Reagan of our time, and not a minute too soon.

5. hunibuni2 says:

Yes, Cathy. Romney will be our Reagan, for sure. I was at the Convention and it was ELECTRIC. Romney’s speech was GREAT and the hall went balistic. Our speakers were far superior in their content.
    ROMNEY/RYAN 2012—-60 more days!!!!

6. Fer says:

Amazing!! All the Democrats acting as if the last 4 years never happened!!
    They know they are going to lose so they are going though the stages of grief. First they were angry and blaming everyone else. Now they’ve moved on to denial. Next they will try to bargain in desperation. Will they ever accept their failure?

Tim Shaw….Thank you for your posts. You’re right about liberals and tax cuts. Liberals think that tax cuts add to the deficit. Their whole economic plan is tax and spend your way to prosperity.

On another subject: Romney/Ryan raised $100 million in August. This apparently is of great concern to the Obama Campaign. The buzz is that the Romney Campaign is going to unleash a very heavy ad campaign in the swing states very soon. They’ve been waiting for the end of Democratic Convention. Too much news to compete with. It will be great material for ads though. Romney/Ryan..2012!!