By all accounts this has been a strange primary season. Numerous opponents to GOP front-runner Mitt Romney have, each in their own turn, surged to top of national polls only to feel the heat of intensified scrutiny and wither away just as quickly the candidate had risen prominence. All the while Rick Santorum dutifully campaigned and patiently waited on the sidelines for “his turn”. Yes, of each of the I-want-to-be-the-challenger-to-Romney candidates Santorum is the luckiest - lucky to be last. You see, his surge has come when it matters most - when delegates are being awarded. Following a 3-state sweep, including a Colorado upset, for Rick Santorum he is now flying high in the polls… and is just now starting pressure as he attempts to run the “vetting gauntlet”.
Yes, it is time to vet the vest.
I don’t feel I need to all the reasons why this election is of the utmost importance. We simply CANNOT afford a second term of an Obama Presidency. And though Rick Santorum would be a vastly better option to the incumbent president, we here on this site feel that he pales in comparison to Mitt Romney in terms off experience, character, capability and electability. Why bring a knife to a gun fight, when you could bring a bazooka?
So, to leave nothing to chance, we here at MRC are launching Operation #UnravelTheSweater.
The goal of Operation #UnravelTheSweater is to bring to light many flaws in Santorum’s qualifications through a series of about 20(ish) posts over the next week. This project is urgent since states are already voting and the winner of the next few states will certainly gather great momentum that could be true deciding factors in this race. Romney has been running the gauntlet for many months now, and the fact that he is still in the lead is a testament to his durability and the strength of his qualifications as a candidate. Rick Santorum’s record is relatively unknown - and under further inspection it just doesn’t hold muster.
I know before we even post our first #UnravelTheSweater article that some will complain that we should focus on Romney’s positive record instead of focusing on the flaws of another. Let me first remind you that we have on this site posted over 4,000 articles during the last 5 years dedicated to promoting Romney’s positive record. Most things that can be said have been said many times. The time for contrast is now.
In order to promote our series of #UnravelTheSweater posts we have set-up a new website - UnravelTheSweater.com. The site will serve as a nice gateway to our archive of posts in the “Unravel the Sweater” category. We are hereby deputizing our regular readers with a mandate to share the site on Facebook, on Twitter, through emails, and in conversation with you friends and family. With your help we can make this a success!
Thanks in advance for your help!
A preview of topics about Rick Santorum that we will cover:
- Liberal Spender
- Proud Earmarker
- “Progressive” Conservative
- Zero Executive Experience
- Electability Issues
- Washington Insider
- Pro-life Hypocrisy
- Pro-Union & Against Right-to-Work
- Strong Ties to Lobbyists
- Tort Reform Hypocrisy
Please Check Out These Other “Threads” in the #UnravelTheSweater Series:
- Series Intro: Operation #UnravelTheSweater
- Rick Santorum’s Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Hypocrisy
- Rick Santorum – #1 Recipient of Lobby Money
- Santorum: Separation of Church and State “Makes Me Want to Throw Up”
- Colleague Support for Rick Santorum? Crickets…
- Rick Santorum’s Effusive Promotion of Mitt in 2008
- Rick Santorum’s Serious Electability Issues
- Romney SuperPAC Hits Santorum on Spending - Fact Check Verified
- Santorum’s Courage Betrayed by Willingness to Sacrifice Core Principles
- Rick Santorum vs. Protestant Christians
- Santorum’s Poor Record of Charitable Giving
- Rick Santorum – Unprepared and Unqualified
- Rick Santorum – Lots of Rhetoric… Little Action
- Fleshing Out the Truth About Rick Santorum
- Big Government Rick Santorum is NOT the One