I’m excited to mention that Rush read one of our MRC tweets on the air today. I’m not posting it here on the top because it’s part of this story. To see the tweet he read and hear the audio be sure to continue reading the story below. Thanks, Nate.
Very interesting news today has many heretofore Romney-doubting GOPers taking courage in the swift, hard-hitting capabilities of the Romney campaign. Two “surprise” press conferences were held today, by Romney and Axelrod, but only one ended up being an actual surprise. Both were dominated by the Romney camp. These events happened early enough today that they were actually discussed on Rush and Hannity today, and will certainly make your evening news.
Part One: The Axelrod press conference
- A surprise visit by Chief Obama strategist David Axelrod to Boston was publicly announced just last night. Purpose of his “presser”: Dis Romney’s record as Governor.
- Oddly, the short notice is somehow enough time for CNN to arrange to have a live feed available. Team Romney springs into action to round up a large group of protesters armed with big signs, and chants.
- Romney supporters are waiting on the steps of the capital building as Obama’s advance Team arrives to set up. (Pics below)
- Throughout the presser attention is obviously stolen by protesters as they run through a series of chants including: Solyndra, Five more months, We want Mitt, Where are the jobs, Broken record, and more. Axelrod actually responds to protestors at one point with the phrase “You can’t handle the truth.”
- Big win for Team Romney as news reports focus on the protestors rather than Axelrod’s anti-Romney message.
Part Two: Romney holds surprise press conference in front of Solyndra
- On the other side of the country Team Romney has the entire press corp on a bus with Mitt on board as well. The press are told only that they are going to a secret location and they will be there in one hour.
- Less than an hour after Axelrod’s presser ends CNN (and others) break news that Romney will hold press conference at Solyndra.
- Mitt highlights the failure of Solyndra as a symbol of Obama’s administration and calls it a huge conflict of interest by Obama.
- Conservatives in the blogosphere and on twitter cheer Team Romney for being two steps ahead of the competition
This is one of those days that is great for following news events on twitter. I will enclose only a small number of the great tweets, pictures and videos coming from today’s events. More below the fold.