The evidence continues to mount and it is overwhelming! When taken in aggregate, Obama’s agenda for America is calculating and clear – to disable and dismantle America by debt, dependency and deception, one step at a time. Obama’s America does not comport to my America!
Let’s look at some of his actions in the past three years, each of which are illustrated or discussed below. Please note that this list is not complete, for if it were we would not have sufficient space for other posts. Notwithstanding, any one point herein is enough to validate an agenda of destruction. Barack Obama and those that have surrounded him are as duplicitous, disingenuous and un-American as you can be; with each hiding behind the veil of generosity and flattery and granting largesse from the public treasury in an attempted purchase of our American society (see video below). On the surface their actions may seem benign while behind the scenes their scheming to dismantle our freedoms and liberty is terribly malignant. In times past I thought Obama’s minions were just deceived by his flattery, position and power, but their actions are so revealing and overt in advancing Obama’s ideological agenda, which ideology is firmly entrenched in socialist and communistic principles, that they must be one in purpose. (Dirty Harry’s recent rant, as noted by Vic Lundquist, is simply a reflection of the disingenuous character of Obama’s campaign.)
If there is any doubt about Obama, we can study his brief and ‘hidden’ history, his writings and his associations, and therein know his ideology. His actions don’t belie his ideological heritage. In fact, his actions embrace his ideology. By removing the blinders, we clearly see who Obama really is by virtue of his associations, including but not limited to his mentoring from his friend Frank Davis (an avowed advocate and member of the Communist Party); his past membership in Chicago’s New Party (a Socialist Society); his affiliations and friendship with the Reverend Jeremiah Wright whose anti-American rhetoric is as fomenting as the clerics in the radical jihadist movement; his association and friendship with Bill Ayers, a convicted anti-American terrorist; his adoption of the teachings of Saul Alinsky (the father of community activist thuggery); and his associations with other unsavory characters. As individuals we tend to align ourselves and associate with those that are most like us in principles and ideals. Each of those noted above exposes Obama for who he is and reveals the foundations of his character. So is Obama! Why should we doubt? The actions are reflective of the man (see below).
Mitt Romney’s latest ad that reveals Obama’s shadow initiative to purchase society and create greater dependency.
Obama’s continued promotion and advocacy for America’s dependency, evidenced by his untenable food stamp initiatives!
Obama’s welfare state expansion! Click here to continue reading →
Harry Reid’s slimy, false accusation that Governor Romney paid no taxes in ten years was stunning in that Reid used the floor of the Senate to make the insinuation.
Sunday, RNC chairman Reince Priebus referred to Harry Reid as “a dirty liar” — twice. Greta Van Susteren also used the words “dirty” and “deplorable political behavior” to describe Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi; strong words even for Susteren.
Harry Reid’s fabrication is nothing more than a simple ploy to change the subject by accusation. It is no different than the horribly deplorable question posed to any man: “How many times did you beat your wife last year?” There is no positive way to answer it. Such a question posits an accusation while it also deflects attention from the persons (or party) posing the question (or from the critical subjects of jobs, the economy, debt). No matter how a man answers this question, he is judged guilty by the less studied (i.e., the TV voter) by their accepting the accusation on its face. Even Harry Reid’s style of gutter politics did not allow him to ask that question because even the TV voter would never believe the accusation. Mitt Romney’s reputation is above reproach and the only way to dispose the puny accuser is to ignore him, which is what Governor Romney has done.
I repeat what I have said in several previous posts. Consider the sources: Barack Obama, Harry Reid, and Nancy Pelosi. Need I say more? Unfortunately, I’m afraid these three have yet to reach the lowest levels to which they are willing to stoop.
This video clip is excellent at revealing Reid and Pelosi for who they are: Deplorable politicians. BTW, at the end of the clip Priebus discusses possible additional speakers at the convention:
American Values: “In God We Trust” — “Liberty” — “E Pluribus Unum”
Twitter Follow: @VicLundquist— Dedicated to all members of The United States military and their families
This open letter from Bob Dole comes as many conservatives feel this is their last chance to speak their mind on creature of Washington that is Newt Gingrich.
Read it, comment on it, and share it far and wide in hopes that it will prompt a decision among the undecided:
I have not been critical of Newt Gingrich but it is now time to take a stand before it is too late. If Gingrich is the nominee it will have an adverse impact on Republican candidates running for county, state, and federal offices. Hardly anyone who served with Newt in Congress has endorsed him and that fact speaks for itself. He was a one-man-band who rarely took advice. It was his way or the highway.
Gingrich served as Speaker from 1995 to 1999 and had trouble within his own party. Already in 1997 a number of House members wanted to throw him out as Speaker. But he hung on until after the 1998 elections when the writing was on the wall. His mounting ethics problems caused him to resign in early 1999. I know whereof I speak as I helped establish a line of credit of $150,000 to help Newt pay off the fine for his ethics violations. In the end, he paid the fine with money from other sources.
Gingrich had a new idea every minute and most of them were off the wall. He loved picking a fight with Bill Clinton because he knew this would get the attention of the press. This and a myriad of other specifics helped to topple Gingrich in 1998.
In my run for the presidency in 1996 the Democrats greeted me with a number of negative TV ads and in every one of them Newt was in the ad. He was very unpopular and I am not only certain that this did not help me, but that it also cost House seats that year. Newt would show up at the campaign headquarters with an empty ice-bucket in his hand—that was a symbol of some sort for him—and I never did know what he was doing or why he was doing it.
In my opinion if we want to avoid an Obama landslide in November, Republicans should nominate Governor Romney as our standard bearer. He has the requisite experience in the public and private sectors. He would be a president we could have confidence in.
Team Romney has launched a new micro-site today that shows the progression of Al Gore’s push for job-killing climate change legislation. When Al needed support, he went to Nancy; when Nancy wasn’t enough, he went to Newt. And Newt, the unreliable leader that he is, hopped on board.
As Rick Perry doubles down on his illegal immigration stances, Romney for President has released a new video…
Boston, MA – Today, Romney for President released a new web video, “Thank You Governor Perry.” The video highlights Governor Perry’s support for in-state tuition benefits for illegal immigrants. This position is shared by Rep. Nancy Pelosi, Sen. Harry Reid, and President Obama, and in 2003, former Mexico President Vicente Fox praised Governor Perry for supporting in-state tuition for illegal immigrants.
VIDEO TEXT: “Who Supports Governor Perry’s Decision To Give In-State Tuition To Illegal Immigrants?”
VOICE: “Who Supports Governor Perry’s Decision To Give In-State Tuition To Illegal Immigrants?”
VIDEO TEXT: “Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid”
• While serving in the Illinois Senate, President Obama sponsored legislation to “allow undocumented immigrant students to pay in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.” “[T]he Senate voted 55-1 to allow undocumented immigrant students to pay in-state tuition at public colleges and universities. Currently, the undocumented students are required to pay out-of-state tuition even if they spend their entire education in Illinois schools. House Bill 60 would change that, allowing in-state tuition rates for undocumented students who have attended school in Illinois for at least three years and graduated high school in the state.” (Rich Frederick, “Senate OKs In-State Tuition Bill,” The State Journal-Register, 5/8/03; Illinois General Assembly Website, www.ilga.gov, 9/29/11)
Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama, and Harry Reid support in-state tuition discounts for illegals.
• In 2007, Senator Harry Reid supported a bill that “would have allowed illegal immigrants to become legal residents and qualify for lower in-state tuition rates at state universities.” “In late 2007, the Senate rejected an attempt to pass the Dream Act which would have allow illegal immigrants under age 30 to gain legal status if they attended college or joined the military. Fairness demanded action, said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, arguing that ‘children should not be penalized for the actions of their parents’ who brought them to the United States. But the bill would have allowed illegal immigrants to become legal residents and qualify for lower in-state tuition rates at state universities.” (Tom Curry, “Immigration Impasse Long In The Making,” NBC News, 7/29/10)
• “The Dream Act would allow students who have lived in the country since age 15 to apply for conditional legal residence… They would then be able to work and pay in-state college tuition rates. .” (Eddy Ramirez, “College Board Backs Bill To Legalize Undocumented Students,” USNews.com, 4/22/09)
• Reid: “Children should not be penalized for the actions of their parents.” (Tom Curry, “An Immigration Impasse Long In The Making,” MSNBC.com, 7/29/10)
• House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi supports in-state tuition discounts for illegal immigrants, saying “Our country does not benefit by depriving our young people of an education.” “Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi stopped in Tempe on Monday to tout congressional Democrats’ push to make college more affordable for young people, including those without legal residency. … Pelosi made reference to the effect of Proposition 300, an Arizona initiative passed by voters in November that requires illegal immigrants to pay out-of-state tuition to attend public universities and community colleges. Pelosi said she met with a young woman Monday who wants to attend college but lacks documentation proving legal residency. ‘Our country does not benefit by our depriving young people of an education,’ Pelosi said.” (Josh Kelley, “Pelosi Addresses College Cost,” The Arizona Republic, 2/20/07)
VIDEO TEXT: “Even”
Former President of Mexico Vincente Fox appreciates Rick Perry's in-state tuition discount for illegals.
FORMER PRESIDENT OF MEXICO VICENTE FOX: “I Want To Publicly Recognize Governor Perry And The State Of Texas By Having Taken That Step Forward”
• Vicente Fox: “I want to publicly recognize Governor Perry and the state of Texas by having taken that step forward.” (Vicente Fox, Remarks, Austin, TX, 11/6/03)
• Houston Chronicle: “Fox Praised Perry For Texas’ Policy Of Allowing Qualified Undocumented Migrants To … Pay The Same Tuition As Citizens And Legal Residents.” “Fox, Perry and their aides met behind closed doors Thursday morning to discuss policy issues and appeared at a joint news conference. Perry hosted Fox at a luncheon … Fox praised Perry for Texas’ policy of allowing qualified undocumented migrants to attend state universities and pay the same tuition as citizens and legal residents.” (Dudley Althaus and Armando Villafranca, “Fox, Perry Square Off Over Immigration, Water Issues,” The Houston Chronicle, 11/7/03)
FOX: “When You Decided To Give Access To Mexican Migrants To Universities In Texas”
• Vicente Fox: “When you decided to give access to Mexican migrants to universities in Texas.” (Vicente Fox, Remarks, Austin, TX, 11/6/03)
RICK PERRY: “If you say that we should not educate children who have come into our state for no other reason than they’ve been brought there by no fault of their own, I don’t think you have a heart.”
• Rick Perry: “If you say that we should not educate children who have come into our state for no other reason than they’ve been brought there by no fault of their own, I don’t think you have a heart.” (Republican Presidential Candidates Debate, Orlando, FL, 9/22/11)
VIDEO TEXT: “Mitt Romney Has A Different View”
MITT ROMNEY: “Four years of college, you’re almost $100,000 discount if you are an illegal alien to go to the University of Texas. If you are a United States citizen from any one of the other 49 states, you have to pay $100,000 more. That doesn’t make sense to me.”
• Mitt Romney: “Four years of college, you’re almost $100,000 discount if you are an illegal alien to go to the University of Texas. If you are a United States citizen from any one of the other 49 states, you have to pay $100,000 more. That doesn’t make sense to me.” (Republican Presidential Candidates Debate, Orlando, FL, 9/22/11) (emphasis added )
A rather smallish winged fella has been recruited to help the Republican National Committee (RNC) raise a bit of extra cashola. Yes, Cupid is working the internet today and has loaded his quiver with e-card valentines. Not quite the usual messages of affection, they contain bits of humorous barbs toward Obama’s policies. The RNC is feeling the love and cashing in; they’ve sent over 47,000 valentines so far.
Harry Reid (Refers to his statement on March 5, 2010: “Today is a big day in America. Only 36,000 people lost their jobs today, which is really good.”)
Nancy Pelosi (Refers to her March 9, 2010 statement on health care “…we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it.”)
Cupid has survived all these years because he’s a capitalist…
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Meanwhile, Governor Romney is in Las Vegas today to deliver the keynote address at the 51st annual convention of the International Franchise Association. 2,500 members will assemble in the MGM Grand with their theme of “Building the Future Together” very much on their minds. They couldn’t have asked a more qualified guy to inform and inspire them! Read more here (corrected link).
May all of you enjoy a day of goodness and a sweet treat, or two.
Days of the congressional lame duck session are dwindling (more so because Harry Reid has vowed to recess Congress by December 17th – a full week before Christmas). While news is focused on Obama and the revolt being waged by his lefty-left base over his ‘caving’ to Republicans on his tax cut proposals, another jam-it-through piece of legislation is underway known as…
S.3827 – the DREAM Act (Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act).
Could President Obama, Harry Reid, and Nancy Pelosi be hoping the distraction will provide camouflage for them to lob into law a bill that would allow aliens citizenship through military service or two years of attending college? The ‘nudging ploy’ to give blanket amnesty to millions of illegal residents is scheduled for vote tomorrow. And, DREAM Act proponents are organized to hold protests, vigils, and man phone banks:
Yesterday, U.S. Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL), Ranking Member of the Senate Judiciary Committee who has taken a lead position on S.3827, spoke on the Senate floor today to voice is opposition to the mass amnesty proposal. He pointed out that DREAM Act’s amnesty does not require a high school diploma or a college degree, and eligibility would be open to a number of illegal aliens with criminal records, and much, much more. He also elucidated the points included in his recent white paper:
DREAM Act Mass Amnesty Would Be ‘A Disaster’ – Monday, December 6, 2010
The public will not allow us to repeat the mistakes of the 1986 amnesty. They will not fall for the ruse that we can have amnesty first and security later. They understand that if we do not secure the border first, we may never secure it at all.
Despite this—and despite historic losses in the recent election—Democrat leaders are now pushing a reckless proposal for mass amnesty known as the DREAM Act.
At a time when our nation is struggling with high unemployment and runaway government spending, this bill would authorize millions of illegal workers and impose an even greater burden on taxpayers.
Making matters worse, those eligible for the DREAM Act amnesty include illegal aliens with criminal records.
And all of this is being rushed through a lame-duck Congress with no committee review. Democrat Leaders have even introduced four versions of the same bill in just over two months, three in the last 13 days. It’s been a shell game that abuses the legislative process.
Is it any wonder that the public has lost faith in this institution?
Americans want us to enforce our laws. But we are considering a bill that would reward and encourage their violation.
Americans want Congress to end the lawlessness. But this bill would have us surrender to it.
Consider a few of the DREAM Act’s most troubling provisions:
• The DREAM Act is not limited to children. Illegal aliens as old as 30 or 35 are eligible on the date of enactment. And they remain eligible to apply at any future age, as the registration window does not close.
• You not need a high school diploma, a college degree or military service in order to receive DREAM Act Amnesty. Illegal aliens can receive indefinite legal status as long as they have a GED. And they can receive permanent legal status and a guaranteed path to citizenship as long as they complete just two years of college or trade school.
• One version of the DREAM Act offers illegal aliens in-state tuition for which many American citizens are not eligible. All four versions provide illegal aliens with federal educations benefits such as work-study programs, federal student loans and access to public colleges that are already short on space and resources.
• The CBO says the bill would add $5 billion to the deficit. But the number is likely to be dramatically higher. The CBO has clearly failed to account for a number of major costs factors with the DREAM Act, including unemployment, public education costs, chain migration, and fraud. Nor does the CBO take it account what history has proven: passing amnesty will incentivize even more illegality and lawlessness at the border. In addition the CBO assumes a large portion of these will obtain jobs, but there is no surplus of job opportunities. The score doesn’t count those who can’t get jobs because of this competition.
• Conservative estimates say that between 1.3 and 2.1 million illegal aliens will be immediately eligible for DREAM Act Amnesty. But that number will grow significantly as the bill has no cap or sunset. Moreover, those who obtain legal status can then do the same for their relatives – even if those relatives brought them here illegally in the first place. As a result, the number of green cards granted could easily triple.
• Many with criminal records will also be eligible for the DREAM Act’s amnesty. They simply must have less than three misdemeanor convictions. Those potentially eligible would include drunk drivers, gang members, and even those who have committed certain sexual offenses. The most recent version of the bill also gives the Secretary of Homeland Security broad authority to waive ineligibility for even the most severe criminal offenders and those who pose a threat to our national security.
• Those who commit document fraud or who lie to immigration authorities are eligible for the amnesty as well. This is particularly troubling as it contains a potential loophole for high-risk individuals to be placed on a pathway to citizenship. One of the warning signs missed prior to 9/11 were the fraudulent visa applications submitted by the 9/11 hijackers. But this bill would likely make it more difficult to combat immigration fraud from dangerous regions in the Middle East.
• The DREAM Act even contains a safe harbor provision that would prevent many applicants from being removed as long as their application is pending—even if they have a serious criminal record. This provision could dramatically hinder federal authorities and will undoubtedly unleash a torrent of costly litigation that will suck up untold hours of our law enforcement resources and abilities that ought to be focused on the border.
In short, this bill would be a disaster.
Yet Democrat leaders remain committed to their push for this amnesty. They are again defying the public will and sending the world a message that our nation is not serious about the integrity of our borders and our laws.
American citizenship is the envy of the world. But central to our nation’s greatness is our respect for the rule of law. By eroding that respect through reckless and irresponsible amnesty we would do a disservice not only to the 300 million Americans who call this nation home, but to all those future citizens who are applying and waiting in line to enter our country lawfully.”
Read the full account of Senator Sessions’ remarks here.
Governor Romney opposes amnesty.
Illegals from Mexico make their way across AZ desert.
Meanwhile, amid protests and vigils in favor of the legislation, Latino leaders who OPPOSE the DREAM Act met today in Washington D.C. to show their dissatisfaction with the push to pass the bill:
According to Carmen Morales, Latino activist and a leader of the coalition, “Latino leaders are gathered today in solidarity. We are here to send a strong message to Congress that as Latinos, we stand staunchly opposed to any measure that puts Americans at a disadvantage and rewards illegal behavior.”
According to congressional statements and the Migration Policy Institute, if passed, the bill could potentially grant amnesty to as many as 2.1 million illegal immigrants. With unemployment officially at 9.8% this is a huge mistake. “I think progressives and conservatives alike can agree on the need to support working and middle-class citizens during a depressed economy,” said Leah Durant, Executive Director of Progressives for Immigration Reform. “This bill would provide in-state tuition rates and residency benefits to illegal immigrant students when many Americans are hurting the most. What makes sense is for America’s jobs and tuition benefits to be reserved for people who are legally entitled to compete for them.”
Key provisions of the DREAM Act would:
• Waive numerical limitations on green cards, and prohibit any numerical limitation on the number of persons eligible for citizenship under the bill’s provisions.
• Allow certain aliens to qualify for in-state tuition rates, even while this benefit is denied to U.S. citizens and legally present aliens residing in other states.
Some legislators hoped the DREAM vote would be brought up first in the House to create momentum for passage in the Senate. The DREAM Act wasn’t expected to receive the 60 votes needed to advance in the Senate because Republicans vowed to block any legislation brought before the chamber until the Bush tax cuts were dealt with. Now that Obama has moved toward resolving the tax situation, will the DREAM vote occur tomorrow as scheduled and will Republicans hold their ground? The open warfare Obama is receiving from his base on his tax compromise may delay the vote. Either way, ORP (Obama, Reid Pelosi) will employ their usual MO and try to ram-rush this through. Do contact your congressional leaders via phone, fax, and email to urge them to vote against the DREAM Act.
Mitt’s sent out some inspirational letters to his donors this year, but this one is my favorite so far:
How does it feel to know that you’re helping throw a farewell party for the liberal Harry Reid-Nancy Pelosi agenda?
As one of my Free and Strong America PAC’s most generous members, you’re playing a big part in our efforts to reclaim majority control of Washington.
Thank you for that. Thank you for standing with me.
I have been incredibly busy traveling the country campaigning for our conservative candidates and meeting with voters. It is exciting and exhausting and inspiring and I won’t let up until we win. I know you won’t, either.
The other day, someone asked me why there is so much more passion surrounding this election than in other election years. It’s because people realize that Obama and the liberal majorities in Congress are taking our country down the wrong path.
The liberal politicians are just not listening to Americans.
Barack Obama’s approach is putting in jeopardy the very values that have made America the freest and strongest nation on earth. Liberals in Washington and in capitols across the country are attempting to smother the quintessential American values of freedom, opportunity, and innovation.
We will not let them do it
We’re doing what we conservatives have always done: standing up for our values. But more than that, we are standing up for America. For our troops. For our families. For our businesses. For our future.
The liberls promised that they would “fundamentally change the way Washington works.” They misled us. They are trying to change the way America works.
We will not let them do it.
What they believe and what the American people believe are not the same. The liberals believe in spending and borrowing on behalf of my generation even though it will bankrupt my children’s and granchildren’s generations. They believe that government knows best how to care for your health — not you, not your doctor. They believe that the rewards of success should be taken from the person who created them and given to those who did not.
That’s not how America works. It’s not what our Founding Fathers intended and it’s not what the American people want.
Right now, the liberals are running scared as they see their majority in jeopardy, so they are doing what they do best: spending money hand over fist. They are furiously pumping money into campaigns across the country to ensure their liberal candidates win and they can maintain control in Washington.
Deep in the poll, they ask, “Now, I am going to read you a list of words and phrases which people use to describe political figures. For each word or phrase, please tell me whether it describes Barack Obama very well, well, not too well, or not well at all.”
On “too liberal,” 35 percent of likely voters say it describes Obama “very well,” 21 percent say “well,” 21 percent say “not too well,” and 17 percent say “not well at all.” In other words, 56 percent of likely voters consider Obama too liberal.
When asked about “a socialist,” 33 percent of likely voters say it describes Obama “very well,” 22 percent say “well,” 15 percent say “not too well,” and 25 percent say “not well at all.”
In other words, 55 percent of likely voters think “socialist” is a reasonably accurate way of describing Obama.
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday (7/9/10) shows that 26% of the nation’s voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-three percent (43%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -17.
“President Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and their team have failed the American people, and that is why their majority will soon be out the door.”
Sometimes political pretense is so ridiculous, pandering so blatant, it defies words – but I’ll try. On May 6, 2010, Nancy Pelosi spoke at a Catholic Community Conference on Capitol Hill. In her fluttery, flouncy way, she claimed that she is obligated to support public policies “in keeping with the values” of Jesus Christ. Pelosi said her favorite word is – THE WORD – Jesus’ word.
Pelosi: “They ask me all the time, what is your favorite this? What is your favorite that? What is your favorite that?’ And one time, ‘What is your favorite word?’ And I said, ‘My favorite word? That is really easy. My favorite word is the Word, is the Word. And that is everything. It says it all for us. And you know the biblical reference, you know the Gospel reference of the Word.”
“And, uh, that… Word,” Pelosi said, “is, uh, we have to give voice to what that means in terms of public policy that would be in keeping with the values of the Word. The Word. Isn’t it a beautiful word when you think of it? It just covers everything. The Word. (laughter)
“Fill, ya know, fill it in with anything you want. […]
“…I don’t think anybody can tell you when life begins, human life begins.”
“I will lead the most honest, the most open and the most ethical Congress in history.”
On September 24, 2009 Speaker Nancy Pelosi told THE WEEKLY STANDARD that she was “absolutely” committed to putting the text of the final House bill [health care] online for 72 hours before the House votes:
TWS: Madam Speaker, do you support the measure to put the final House bill online for 72 hours before it’s voted on at the very end?
PELOSI: Absolutely. Without question.
“We have to pass the bill to know what’s in it.”
“There has never been a more open process for any legislation.”
“I knew nothing about the CIA and water boarding.”
“The CIA is misleading the United States. They mislead us all the time.”
“Every month that we do not have a recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs.”
“There will be no earmarks in the economic recovery package that passes the house.”
Wolf Blitzer (CNN) interviews Pelosi (posted on YouTube March 10, 2010):