Well… How’s this for motivation to GET OUT THE VOTE for Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan?
Michelle Obama asked twitter users yesterday: “Imagine what Barack can do in four more years!”
I’ve been with Mitt Romney Central since its inception and I’ve never written an article about Michelle Obama. I didn’t write about the time Michelle said “For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country.” I didn’t utter a peep about the time when Michelle, confiding to then-First Lady of France, Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, on her own job as First Lady, supposedly said “It’s hell. I can’t stand it!” (Both later denied it.) Nothing from me regarding our First Lady’s aversion to placing her hand over heart when our national anthem is played. I’ve never pointed out the way the press hits Ann Romney for her clothing choices, but gives Michelle a pretty pass and plenty of praise. No keyboard clacking from me about the time Mrs. Obama went to a food bank wearing $540 sneakers. I didn’t mention the time Mrs. Obama inferred that a vote for Mitt Romney would cause women to die from cancer. I haven’t written about the way Michelle’s ‘Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act’ forces some school kids to go hungry. And, I didn’t post an article about Mrs. O’s speech at the Democratic National Convention in September – the fairytale she presented of her and Barack’s struggles.
Today, the First Lady’s tweet changed my mind.
Imagine what Barack can do in four more years?
Uh, Michelle, you’re killin’ me.
Maybe you’re thinking about what YOU can do with four more years.
Besides all the pricey trips to Martha’s Vineyard, Aspen, and Hawaii, remember in the summer of 2010 when the Obamas encouraged Americans to visit the oil-stricken Gulf Coast and then high-tailed it, lickety-split, for a family vacation in Maine? Remember how shortly after returning from Maine, Michelle Obama then jetted off for a private, closed-to-the-press, luxurious vacation in Spain? (To jog your memory, that was the time she took her youngest daughter and an entourage of long-time family friends and lounged at the ritzy Costa del Sol hotel.) Remember when she and her girls took off for a family vacation and within an hour, her husband followed. She wouldn’t wait for him so we got to pay for two jets!
Here’s the Obama three-and-a-half-years vacation list:
– President’s Day 2012, Michelle and the first daughters in Aspen, Colorado to ski.
– Christmas 2011, the first family in Hawaii for an extended vacation.
– Summer 2011, in Martha’s Vineyard, Mass., for the annual beach break.
– June 2011, the first lady, her mother and daughters traveled to South Africa and Botswana.
– President’s Day 2011, the first lady and first daughters travel to Vail to ski.
– Christmas 2010, in Hawaii.
– August 2010, the first family traveled to Panama City Beach, Fla., for sun and fun at the beach.
– August 2010, Obama spent the weekend alone in Chicago for his 49th birthday bash.
– August 2010, the first lady and daughter Sasha traveled to Spain for a mother-daughter vacation.
– August 2010, summer vacation again at Martha’s Vineyard.
– July 2010, the first family went to Mount Desert Island, Maine.
– May 2010, the first family had a four-day trip to Chicago.
– March 2010, first lady and daughter spend Spring Break in New York City.
– Christmas 2009, Hawaii again for the annual break.
– August 2009, at Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Canyon for a short vacation.
– August 2009, their first summer vacation as first family at Martha’s Vineyard, Mass.
Yeah, Michelle may have more chi-chi-foo-foo-taxpayer-footing-the-bill vacations on her bucket list.
It was a travesty the way the mainstream media made a big stink about the Romneys this past 4th of July for sharing their own paid-for jet ski with family and friends – at their home on Lake Winnipesaukee. Meanwhile, they’ve overlooked Michelle Obama’s love for lap-of-luxury vacations (which comes out of our penny-jingling pockets).
Here’s what a few other Americans think:
what nightmares are made of -> MT @michelleobama If this is what the President can do in 4 years, imagine what he can do in twice the time.
— Emily (@hostagehoosier) November 5, 2012
— Greg Demo (@TxAv8r) November 5, 2012
“@michelleobama: If this is what the President can do in 4 years, imagine what he can do in twice the time.” That’s what we’re afraid of.
— Chris Swainhart (@swainhart) November 5, 2012
He can further divide this gr8country:(@michelleobama: If this is what the President can do in 4 years, imagine what he can do in 2xthe time
— IAM3rd (@PVCDDS) November 5, 2012
@michelleobama: “If this is what Pres can do in 4 years, imagine what he can do in 2x the time” My children deserve a brighter future!!
— Cliff Darnell (@fightingmajor1) November 5, 2012
Twice as many Solyndras? MT @michelleobama: If this is what the President can do in 4 years, imagine what he can do in twice the time
— Sam Valley (@SamValley) November 5, 2012
He added $5T debt. So $10T, lowball? “@michelleobama: If this is what the Prez can do in 4 years, imagine what he can do in twice the time”
— Amanda Carpenter (@amandacarpenter) November 5, 2012
(Hat tip / Twitchy)
Their hubris over such a failed record makes one’s eyes bug out and shoot blood! I will not use my last-full-day-of-Romney-campaign energy to go into the havoc and destruction Mr. O has brought upon us. Here’s my summary:
NOTE: MRC contributor Vic Lundquist forwarded an important email to Team MRC today. Here’s a portion: