A Heartfelt Goodbye…Until Next Time

Follow Paul Johnson on twitter at @ntsjohnson

Now that a week has gone by since the election, I still feel a dull ache, as many of you do, when I think about the results. I’ll eventually accept what’s happened and move on. For now, I’m not sure what stage of grief I’m in (probably somewhere around denial), and I’m sure there’s a psychologist out there somewhere who could tell me how long I should expect it to take to fully recover, but I just think it may be a while.

Notwithstanding the disappointing result, there are reasons to be encouraged. We still have the greatest system in the world. We, as a nation, cast our ballots to pick the person we thought best suited to take the most powerful political position in the free world. How great is that? The people who wanted to vote voted, and Mitt was chosen by 48% of those people. With only a 2.5% spread between “winner” and “loser,” that means that if slightly over 1% of voters changed their mind (ignoring the electoral college for a moment), the result could have been different. If anyone thinks their vote doesn’t count, this election (like 2000 and 2004) again disproved that. In a way that’s very encouraging. We, as conservatives, are not that far off. We have work to do to widen the tent, but we’re not that far off.

I know that the authors here at MittRomneyCentral and the other blogs with which we’ve associated from time to time, including Evangelicals for Mitt and Article 6 Blog, did everything they could to persuade, cajole and convince readers that Mitt Romney was the man for the job. I remain convinced of that fact, especially as we head “Forward” toward the fiscal cliff and our president this weekend was once again on the golf course. I trust Mitt would have been hard at work. But again we did our best. Literally millions of visitors came to the site to read what we wrote. It wasn’t enough, but that’s okay. We made our arguments, and the people got to choose. There’s something sacred in that, regardless of result, even if we prayed it may turn out otherwise.

I also know Mitt and family did their best. I thought Ann Coulter got it right. Mitt was the best candidate possible.

There have been articles on our site post-election thanking Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan and their families for the great sacrifices they made. I must also add my voice to those. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for being willing to serve, and not just willing, but for having the dogged determination to do your best to win an election that was so important, when there was literally nothing in it for you but your knowledge you were doing the right thing. Our nation owes the Romney and Ryan families a debt of gratitude it may never understand. Special thanks to Ann in particular, who, I know, felt the importance of this election personally, and with health difficulties that she carried gracefully, perhaps was more emotionally invested, and bore a greater cost, than was obvious to most people. Thank you.

As I look back, regardless of result I’ve loved every minute I’ve been involved with this effort. When you willingly make a sacrifice, it doesn’t feel like one. And this experience has been a life changer. It’s made me want to be involved in politics in some way going forward. If not us, then who?

While I may take some time to get back to full form, I will be back. At some point you’ll be able to find me tweeting at @ntsjohnson. I’d be encouraged if you followed me and listened in. I may even have something interesting to say from time to time. It may even be compelling from time to time, especially as we begin debating how we bring down this deficit.

But finally, thank you so much for reading. Thank you so much for your encouraging words. You also did your best knocking doors, making calls, soliciting donations and fighting the good fight. While we didn’t prevail this time, that’s okay. There’ll be another battle, and as you know there’s lots of error out there to correct. The principles of limited government and economic and religious freedom are the right ones. Those of us: you, me, the authors of MittRomneyCentral, who took up the effort are patriots. We fought for freedom. We may have lost the battle, but the war is not lost until we give up.

I’ll close out this long goodbye to MittRomneyCentral and its wonderful readers with Ronald Reagan’s classic quote: “freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.” With that in mind, and knowing how important it is we stay engaged, I’m sure I’ll see you in 2014, and again in 2016, and beyond. Until then!

Photos in this post are from my personal collection, taken at the GOP Convention in Tampa.

About Paul Johnson:

Paul Johnson is an attorney for venture capitalists and their portfolio companies by day, husband and father of three teenage boys by night. He’s an avid supporter of Mitt Romney for president and, as a graduate of Brigham Young University, a BYU football and basketball fan. Paul also enjoys competing in triathlons. Because he’s in the “Clydesdale” (over 200 lb.) class, he has even had podium finishes from time to time. Paul also has the distinction of being a big enough U2 fan to be willing to travel to Dublin to see them in their native environment.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

Bookmark the permalink.

46 Responses to A Heartfelt Goodbye…Until Next Time

1. Mike says:

Thanks for everything Paul. It was a great ride, and we did everything that was in our power to affect the result. We came up short this time but the journey with so many principled and well-meaning people was worth every minute.

2. Mary Riding says:

I too feel that Mitt Romney had this election stollen from him with voter fraud and a few other things.
    PLEASE, Mr. Romney… do it again in 2016. You have so many more followers than you know. Please do not leave us!!

3. Nancy Lawson says:

We are insisting on a RECOUNT because fraud votes are not legal and should never be considered as such. A recount needs to be done eliminating illegal votes and illegal voters. If we don’t do it now all Americans lost this election. We do not have a winner….you can’t with fraud votes. It must STOP. Mitt I have no doubt won this election. We need you so please come back and help us fight for your rightful place and that is in the White House.

4. Linzilu says:

Even though its been a week I still find myself crying! I can’t get over it. Mitt you were just what we needed and my heart is so sad that the election was literally stolen out from under you. Yourself and Ann are great human beings. We’ll miss you!

5. Angie Perez-Barnum says:

God be with you till we meet again !!! I still believe that everything worked together for good to those who love God and are called according to his purpose.” thank you very much for all the efforts that you did to help Mitt and Anne Romney. We missed you all. There’s a better plan that God has for all of us. Just need to keep the faith and know that He loves us and want the best for everyone !!! You’ll understand later on in the future and will be thankful for his mercy and loving kindness endures forever !!!

6. Pete says:

Rarely will we see a man like Mitt Romney in this day and age. He was destined to become one of the greatest presidents we ever had. But the will of the people won out. Like lemmings racing to the edge of the cliff, pushing FORWARD to their ultimate demise. Perhaps over the course of the next 3-4 years, as people continue to see their freedoms slip away, their jobs go away, and their health care costs skyrocket, they will wake up and say to themselves, “holy cow, what just happened.” Ignorance happened. A wise man once said, “be careful what you ask for, you might just get it!” You are about to see the undoing of the greatest nation on earth. Maybe, just maybe, all those lemmings will wake up and in four years, we can finally get this country back on track. Hopefully it is not too late.

7. Carolyn Marino says:

Thanks to you all at MRC, was amazing to follow. Thank you to Mitt & family. So many of us are just sick about the election result, as we know there had to be fraud involved. It’s the way they do things. They knew where to focus on doing it the most, and it happened. All those paper ballots, malfunctioning machines & all the tossed military votes. So much time & money spent, not to mention personal sacrifice you all made, all for love of country & your family, don’t give up now. And all the time so many of us who followed everything, and spread the word, volunteered our time, so many people are feeling so ill because we know the truth, we know what is best for our country. Even children are crushed and upset, because the future looks so grim. Investigate please.

8. Stan says:

It’s not over Paul. Mitt’s influence is still being felt and will continue to inspire and encourage men and women to fight for freedom and liberty. Alma 46:12-13

9. mstew says:

So I wonder if Obama has called Mitt yet to sit down and chat…lol Thank you for the insinght into how things could have been…live…love…laugh

10. Jerri DeCarolis says:

My Romney/Ryan paper sign and small American flag I got at the Pueblo, CO rally are staying in my front window…until he is either president, or someone similar is president. Our neighbors will know who we are, what we stand for, and who we support: ROMNEY/RYAN. God Bless!

11. Rita says:

It’s been a tough week for me to accept the idea that Mitt Romney was not elected president, but Mitt will always be my president in my heart . Some days, the tears just flow I am so sad about this. I really felt the outcome would be different. I can’t believe we have this other person as our president again. I’m certain that fraud had a lot to do with it. Mitt Romney gave me hope for the future that we could take our country back; that hope for me in my present emotional state is gone. I will always be grateful for Mitt and Paul and their efforts to win this election. Ann would have been a beautiful and gracious first lady. What do we do now for the next 4 years while we wait for our country to disintegrate into a socialistic state? We must fight and never up for the freedom of this great land. It’s only when we give up that we have truly lost.

12. Cathy Ou says:

There is voter fraud out there. I really want to know if how that affected the popular and electoral vote.

13. Vivian says:

Mitt I thank you and Ann for laying down your life for the love of this nation. I know you believe you are doing the honorable thing but I wish you would fight this. I don’t think you won. I know you won. You, Mitt Romney, President Elect of the United States of America.
    I remember watching you during the first primary debates. At that time I didn’t know who I was voting for. I remember how all the other candidates would gang up on you and I didn’t like it. I always have head a heart for the underdog I guess. Then one debate I had heard enough and I signed up on your website. It wasn’t too many days later I received an email from your campaign inviting me to a rally.
    The strangest thing happened when I opened and read the letter. The presence of God rose up in me and peace settled around me. I knew then I had to go to hat rally. I couldn’t wait until my husband got home because I just knew God was going to give him the same witness. Well, after dinner I took him to the computer and asked him to read that invitation. He did. I asked him did he feel anything. He said no and went to bed, lol. I was a bit taken back though because I know if God tells me something then he will also tell my husband. The next morning it was two hours away from the time of the rally and we still had not come into agreement. We talked about it but still nothing.
    Finally we decided to sit on our couch and hold hands and pray for you. As we began to pray the Holy Spirit set his fire upon us both and we knew the authority we were experiencing was for Mitt Romney to be he next president.
    We made it to the rally and was blessed to actually shake your hands briefly. Would have liked a picture but maybe we will get one later in life.
    We left that rally, set in our car and again the power of God met us. We laughed, rejoiced and praise God for the next president.
    Since that time we have not ceased to pray for you, financially support you and campaign for you.
    I was not watching t.v. Election night but I felt in the spirit when you won and I praised Jesus. To my surprise when I looked at the screen it was not you. I asked God what was this and He said to me not to speak anything but what He had told me and that was that you had won. I encourage others on Twitter to stand in faith and only speak the truth about this election, which is Mitt Romney won 2012. So I cannot let this go until God release us. We see nothing but you, our President. I don’t know how God will work this out. I just know He will. God is FAITHFUL!
    Love you and Ann. Continuing to fight in the spirit,
    Vivian Brown

14. kiwis4mitt says:

Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, to you and your hard working team. You kept us sane throughout the year. I hope this site stays up forever. All the very best to you all. — Auckland, New Zealand.

15. Susan says:

The American people choose Mitt Romney on November 6th, no doubt in my mind. The election was stolen. This has been the saddest week of my life knowing what was lost. Please challenge or run again, America needs you.

16. Elizabeth McCombs says:

Like many of the readers, and contributors to this site, this past week has been one of sadness, and disbelief. I needed to express my appreciation to Mitt and Ann Romney, to their family, to the many campaign members, contributors, and to this site. I truly believe the MItt Romney is what our country needs at this time. We need his knowledge, his experience and expertise, his dignity, and integrity. I really wish that he would run for president again, tho’ I can understand why he wouldn’t….with such a biased media. I wish Mitt and Ann, and their entire family every blessing . I miss seeing both of you in the news. You and what your campaign did for America will never be forgotten for me. I will always remember how close this election was, how the wrong man was put into office, and how many millions of Americans believe as I do, that Mitt Romney is a true patriot who sacrificed incredible amounts of time, and resources to try and serve, to restore America to a balance that it so desperately needs. I will always remember how I felt each time I heard him speak whether in a debate, or a town hall meeting. He made me want to be a better American. I miss seeing and hearing from you Mitt! I know I live in the greatest country in the world. I just wish the greatest man for the job had been put into the WH.
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you…for running for President, and for furthering the cause. You ran an excellent campaign, and I’ve never been so proud to be a conservative Republican. Know that you have made an incredible difference in the lives of many.

Paul…..Thanks for your interesting and informative articles. I appreciated your knowledge of the polls and electoral college. A numbers guy! Also your article on the bail out was helpful. I haven’t gotten past Mitt Romney’s loss either. I have to literally block out any kind of vision of what a Romney presidency would have been like, because it will never be. It is so hard to accept. It leaves a sick feeling in my stomach.

But looking for the next battle to fight in our quest for a free economy. civil rights and a safe America is the best therapy. Don’t look back just look forward to the future and fight fight fight for what we believe.

I am going to be out there voicing my conservative views. Hope to run into you and all the MRC staff and guest writers.
    We will prevail!!…..2014……..2016!!

18. Razel says:

Thank you MRC for the valiant efforts! My heart aches tremendously for those that didnt get it right. This administration is already falling apart and they’re only into their first week – imagine that! I truly believe Gov Romney is the true winner here! You will have my vote and support again in 2016! Thank you, thank you for the bottom of my heart.

19. Norma Rivera says:

Thank you so much for everything that you did for Mitt and
    for all of us, his ardent supporters. I am among those who are still mourning for the devastating loss of Mitt in this election. I’ve lost interest in what’s going on in the world of politics as I lost my trust in the fairness of this election and the integrity of the ballot. Now I completely understand the truth of these words: “Of all the sad words of tongue or pen, these are the saddest: it could have been.”

20. Tami says:

I have cried, still sad, and given the state of events much thought. We are who we are and it is up to us to pull ourselves up and work for what we want. Remember Ghandi said to who would listen. “Be the change you want to see in this world”!

We will honor Mitt and his beautiful wife Anne by getting up everyday and doing the best we can and then a little more. We can do what Mitt is does…

Get Up… wanting to do the best you can.

Speak Up… when things are wrong and/or immorale.

Show Up… be available to reach out and help pull
    someone up when needed. (you will be in a
    higher place as well)

Thank YOU to ALL those that helped run this battle that we had to conceed.

21. joanne says:

Obama
    He is not MY president. he is now the leader of some foreign country i do not recognize. We, the USA, are headed straight to destruction of what our founding fathers worked and fought so hard to obtain for us productive and hard working citizens.

Decades or centuries from now, historians will cite the election of Barack Obama as the pivotal point of America’s steepest downward slide by their electorate and the point of no return by which this country lost itself and any hope of a comeback greatness. If a future book is written about our country it must be called The Rise And Fall Of The United States of America. and in that book YOU the Liberals and those who are young today will be called to account for it. And to a great extent my own generation for allowing this calamitous mutation to occur.

I really felt it was necessary for Mitt Romney, the last great American hope, to win. I now turn over my portion of this once great country to those overly tattooed, pierced, scarred and uneducated teenage baby mamas and daddies, the welfare lazies, the baby killers, the entitlement junkies, the atheists, the occupy wallstreet losers, the socialist and the progressives, the drug addicts.

It is my opinion if you don’t have a job then you don’t vote.
    We have chosen a liar, a marxist, socialist . America has lost so much and this is just the beginning.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

22. SANDY DONOVAN says:

I also would love to thank you for your site’ your hard work; this site is therapy for most’ or atleast a sounding board for most of us americans. i like so many are still saddened by this loss” the gut feeling is not that we lost but; the fact they stold this election from us… i wish the gop would get a back bone!!! force a recall we”re running out of time… anyone with any common sense knows we”re dealing with voter fraud….. we need to stand united… we want our mitt; the best man did not win if you can call it that!!! i respect governor romney i know and you know he would not be playing golf at this time our country is in so much decline….we have loss our hope when we lost mitt!!!

23. Paulee says:

Thank you, Paul…Forever in our hearts will be the Romney’s…All efforts and loyal support by so many in this country showed the devotion to two lovely deserving humans. Our country lost. The fork in the road to me was a clear choice. We were given the Path to goodness..I often asked, “Are their more who want something for nothing or do we have more people who have pride in earning, doing, and fighting against all odds to be independant and free?” Well, coupled with cheating and lying we have our answer. This election even showed the worst of those in our party. Selfless they were not..Mitt was and will remain because he is cut from beautiful cloth and walks in grace..I pray for them and tear up still because of what could have been. Our country now flies flags upside down, and many states wishing to secede..What does that say? All I can say, after five years of complete dedication and much work..I am so very sorry for America…and our future generations…and the pain we will all feel under this man they call our President…God Bless….

24. frances quinn says:

this election was stolen from mitt romney. with a fraud rate of at least five per cent it is obvious that he should have won. the machines were fixed, everything was rigged. if it happened this time with such a great candidate we can just run down the road to socialism. i think all republicans should do everything to get Obama impeached!!!! the right thing to do would be to have the country revote but of course that will not happen. i am sad for the country that we lost!

25. tony says:

yes the fix was on from the start they still can’t forget 2000 and they will do any thing to win lie make deal with devil and satan to win an election this people will steal and do any thing to win we have to play there game get down in the gutter with them mr romney has to much class to be that kind of person thats why they stolen the election we have to get dirty too to win. god bless MITT you are a real gentleman and good person. thank you so much

26. john h. says:

Have campaigned for Mitt since 2007 and NEVER have I seen him except for what he is…an intelligent, honest, and worthy man with only the best of intentions for our great Nation. Repeatedly I have experienced liberals/takers/dolts/bots giving me a finger signal that indicates their IQ. Sad, sad, and sadder! I anticipated, and we got…”Fraud.” Am convinced of this. We need the GAO to step forward and conduct an open and conclusive investigation to satisfy all of us!!!! Now!

27. Chantelle says:

Dear Mitt and Anne, From the bottom of my heart I would like to thank you for raising a wonderful family that laughs in hard times, is kind to each other in difficult moments, and loves each other as Christ would. I am LDS, and never have seen such integrity and steadfastness than I see in both of you and your family. Tag your son purchased food storage from my company about 7 years ago and I remember us having a conversation about you and Anne. He told me he had never seen you fight and that you were a man of character that even a nation could look up to and become. At the time I knew you were govenor of MA and honestly just listened to Tag honor his father and mother. It was a very rewarding and unusual conversation. Then a few years later I watched as you took our olympics in SLC from disaster to totally complete success and the world watched the transformation of greed to humble honor. Then I watched and prayed for you everyday when you were the candidate for president. I have only felt the despair I felt on election night one other time and it was a terrifying experience to relive. As the week has passed and as I have searched for answers from our Father, I realize you are the example not only for our church, but for all mankind to follow. Your spirit radiates goodness and love for all! You have been a powerful inspiration to many inside and outside of our church. As we all daughters and sons of God and he does love us all no matter what religion we belong to. And I know that we have not seen the last of you yet…even though you may think so:) As you are one of his warriors sent to help reestablish zion and our constitution. There are millions of Americans who will help you lead this fight that our founding fathers fought so bravely and valiantly for. Obama may have won an election but he has not won our hearts nor our determination to fight for our freedom, our liberty and our lives!
    Thank you for being the man that all man and women should be. Your example to lead will benefit us all one day. That I can have hope for and believe. That my dear brother puts a smile on my face as we win this war between good and evil. And as you know, and I know we will win!

28. Mary Mergos says:

“They did not reject you. They rejected Me.” 1 Sam 8:7
    God cannot and will not bless a nation that does not honor Him and His laws.
    Thank you for offering us one last hope…. and remember 50% of the voters wanted you and still do.

I do believe that Mitt had the enthusiasm on his side, because those that voted for Mitt Romney were far more enthusiastic then Obama voters. I read this today by Joel B. Pollack from Brietbart………….

“The secret of Barack Obama’s re-election is simply that for millions of Americans, he was just good enough. He had not fulfilled the promise of 2008, but he had passed a silent threshold.”

“His supporters weren’t particularly excited, they weren’t interested in turning out for rallies or putting up lawn signs. They had no idea what he hoped to do in the future. They just turned out to validate the choice they made in 2008, and he won.”

“It is true that the economy–Romney’s target throughout the campaign–is in a terrible state. Unemployment is up from the time Obama took office, economic growth is slow and may be heading towards recession. But enough people believe they are getting by. At the higher end, the stock market has recovered, thanks to the interventions of the Fed. At the lower end, millions are buoyed by unemployment benefits and food stamps.” (Even though unemployment went up they were still encouraged by new jobs created even though it doesn’t keep up with population growth or did they consider projected layoffs.)

“Obama did no better than Bush in handling natural disasters. He delayed visiting the victims of Hurricane Isaac in September because he was busy campaigning. And he merely posed for a 90-minute photo-op with the victims of Hurricane Sandy, many of whom are still without power, two weeks later. But he was seen to care–was shown to care by a media that savaged his predecessor for doing his best in Hurricane Katrina.”

“The future costs of the Obama presidency, economic and political, remained abstract and distant. And he was just good enough, for enough people, to win a second chance.”

This is pretty much my thought. According to liberals the economy is not that bad….give Obama’s policies a chance to work and it is the Republican mess anyway….which it isn’t. The housing bubble financial melt down is the Democratic mess.

So now we must endure another 4 years so more people will realize that Obama’s policies are bad for this country. It will slow it’s growth and his world view is a threat to our principles.

We must continue to fight for 2014 and 2016!

This is from Charla Schram, Dennis Miller. I couldn’t have said it better…

“This is a thank you note to a good man.
    Thank you for turning aside from a life of ease and security to run for the presidency against an incumbent.Thank you for enduring the slander of you, your family, and your faith perpetrated by a criminally negligent media.Thank you for calling things such as ‘terrorism’ by their right name.Thank for selecting Paul Ryan as vice presidential running mate.Thank you — and your lovely wife –for demonstrating true love.Thank you for handling yourself with grace and equanimity in every situation.Thank you for your patriotism.Thank you for believing in America. It is to our eternal shame that America did not, in this time and place, believe in you.
    THANK YOU TO A GREAT MAN!!!”

31. Edna Clark says:

Mitt & Ann
    Thank you so much for giving it all you had. America needed you so BAD. My prayers are for and Ann to enjoy your life to the fullest… It was great watching a true man working so hard for his Country. Bless You.
    Edna Clark

32. Ann says:

Thank you, Paul, and the other major contributors to this great Mitt Romney Central web site! I can’t tell how many evenings I’d go on the site, read the blogs, add mine sometimes, listen to Mitt, Ann and Paul’s speeches if I could connect, and head for bed, having my positive “Mitt fix” for another day! If Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan’s enthusiasm, speeches, inspiration, positive plans and life experiences, as well as our prayers, yard signs, phone calls and donations would have convinced the other half of the voters what we know, America would be FAR better off now! The only problem is that we ALL have to live under this White House resident’s failed policies for toooooo long; not just those that either checked his box, or got a voting computer that flipped boxes as a default. Thanks a million for sharing your ideas with all of us! May God bless you and your family as I pray He will our great nation!

33. Anne says:

Thank you for this great website for Mitt Romney Central. Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan and their beautiful families’ wonderful example will leave us great memories forever. Their great efforts and goodness have truly touch my life and the lives of many. They had fought a good fight. Thank you…we will continue to pray for you. God Bless you and your families. God will bless America…

34. hunibuni2 says:

Paul,
    Thank You so much for the dedication to the MRC. I will miss going to it every night and connecting withMitt and all others that have been involved with the BEST MAN EVER to run for President. I have been with Mitt since 2007 and He is truly a wonderful, caring man that loves his Country. America will surely miss his LEADERSHIP. It is so obvious of the intentional, sought out fraud that has occurred in this election. 400,000 Union members in OH, NV, and WI for a yr, doing the damage for Obummer. He had Nothing to run on and they knew it, so they just run a dirty, negative campaign against the opponent. It is a shame that it works. Mitt Romney will always be my President. I agree with so many here on the site, as each day the tears flow when I think of what we have to face for 4 more yrs. Arrogance, evading the truth about Benghazi so they create a smoke screen, always “ME” first attitude. Obama cares NOTHING about AMERICA. So sad that we cannot have the BEST MAN, MITT ROMNEY. To those 2 million Republicans that did not vote—-Thanks for Socialism!!! Will miss your site and Mitt and Ann Romney!!

35. TOBY BANKS says:

ROMNEY-RYAN 2012 TEAM,

WE HAD THIS ELECTION WON UNTIL THEY CALLED OHIO TO EARLEY. AND IF I WAS YA’LL I WOULD’VE CALLED FOR A RECOUNT IN OHIO. THANKS MITT AND PAUL FOR WHAT YA’LL HAVE DO FOR ALL WHO BACKED BACKED YA’LL.

TOBY BANKS

36. Kent Page says:

Thank you Mitt, Ann, Paul, Janna, and Mitt Romney Central contributors and everyone for supporting this campaign for freedom and liberty.

Mitt Romney Central has been a godsend — thank you.

I encourage the powers that be to investigate voter fraud! Our trust in our government deserves it.

37. Joan C. says:

I pray that Mitt and Paul do not give up on this nation. We cannot give in to socialism, it will not work. We will all go down the tube. This president won by lying and being cool. If you don’t believe that just ask Hollywood. The lying was just the Chicago way but the cool is new. The students fell for that. The huge amounts of money that came from out of the country troubles me. Who did it come from. Our students are getting brainwashed by liberal professors. It starts in high school and gets worse in college. We must stop this trend. I watched it happen to my own grandson. We have been asleep while this happened.
    Stand together for the election in two years!!!!!!!

38. Judith Schenk says:

Please everybody who feels Mitt Romney is the rightful winner sign the petition for recount on the 2012 Presidential Election !!!!!!

39. Deg says:

Is election fraud being investigated?

Is there not a republican representative at each election post?

Can Romney be Drafted for 2016?

Romney did his best… but populist promises won out. Who would of thought? Perhaps God know’s what is best, it is a great shame not to have Romney as leader of the most important office on earth.

40. Lori says:

It’s hard to understand why there has been no investigation of voter fraud over the results of the Presidential election. With 108% vote in Ohio and precincts of 19,000 voter’s without a single vote for Mitt, why isn’t there a recount or at least an investigation? Fraud everywhere! How can Americans ever feel certain that the voter’s re-elected Obama? I can’t. I will never feel that he won this election fair and square.

41. Stan says:

Recently I read that Factcheck gave Mitt 4 Pinnochios about the “gift” comment at a donors meeting. Now I’ve heard every reason possible how Mitt could have lost. The only fact that hasn’t been checked is election fraud. The nation also reelected the president by exit polls and not the real counts. I know Mitt has conceded the election and I’m okay with that but the voters should have the satisfaction that their votes were counted and that voting does actually matters in this country. Thank you to the Romneys and to those that worked hard in his campaign. I personally think Mitt can do more good outside the WH than in.

42. Judith Friedlander says:

So many of us suspect voter fraud – just the fact that in St. Lucie Cty, FL there were more votes than registered voters. In Ohio, 2 poll judges were removed for allowing unregistered votes from those with no ID. If there is anything I can do to help force a nation-wide recount, please let me know. Acorn, which was supposed to be gone, surely had a hand in this. We need our elected President, not the Bully in the Pulpit! He will destroy us all!!!!

43. Judith Friedlander says:

Many thanks to the originators of MRC – it was educational and emotionally fulfilling to be part of such an enthusiastic, supportive group. You will be missed!

44. Susan says:

Thank you Mitt and Ann for all you did for us. You inspired us and made us proud. You will forever be in our hearts. You were the best man for our President. I am sad that more Americans did not see that.
    All Our Love,
    Susan and Winn Rindfleisch
    San Diego, California

45. Sally Hawley says:

It appears that we are fading away here. But not in spirit. The good people of this country are out there, we are here and we will go on.