Gratitude to American Patriots

There is very little I can add to Jayde’s and Ben’s comments below or to those left by the loyal supporters of Governor and Ann Romney. However, I will attempt to articulate what is in my heart at this time as my last post here at Mitt Romney Central.

First, I am most grateful to Mitt and Ann Romney for the countless sacrifices they made as they endured the grueling campaigning of 2007/2008 and 2011/2012. Nobody knows how intensely draining this experience has been except them. I have known from 2007 that Governor Romney is the best man and most qualified person to ever run for the office of president. Based on my knowledge of the likely future Republican candidates, I believe Mitt Romney will remain the most qualified person to run for the office for a long time. To Mitt and Ann, thank you for all you have given this nation as true patriots.

To the hope that Governor Romney will have many wonderful days in the sea, sand, and sun! (Photo courtesy of Matt Romney)

Second, I wish to publicly thank the MRC team. It has been a great privilege to be a part of this team in our mutual efforts of contribution. They are all true professionals. Most who read this will never truly understand the tremendous sacrifices in time, resources, and time away from family members that Nate Gunderson (owner) and the other early trailblazers of MRC made for the cause. We are all grateful to them for their dedication and sacrifices.

Since that Tuesday night in Boston, I have not accessed any news of any kind. I read a brief article sent to me by Jayde, but other than than that, I have no knowledge of any national or regional news since Tuesday. Frankly, I have no desire to see Monday morning “expert” analysis (whining).

I am guessing that my experience in this mission was like many of yours. I was privileged to meet many truly incredible American patriots who all love America, including many of you. My interactions with them/you changed me for the better. Many are struggling with the “why” of the election outcome, especially after pouring their hearts out in mighty prayer over years. To them I have this to say. Since I was very young I have had an immutable knowledge of the power of prayer that is rooted in the faith of Jesus Christ. This I know without any doubt whatsoever: That God always answers the prayers of the righteous. ALWAYS. The fact that the specific outcome for which some of us petitioned did not result, does not mean He did not answer our prayers. But this I know, our prayers for this great nation of America will be answered by God. Our puny minds cannot understand right now, but I know we will one day understand how He answered our prayers for this great nation.

Some of you may recall from my writings here that I would sometimes refer to our work as feeling like “war” or “combat” to me. It is difficult for me to properly articulate why this work felt that way, but every night when I would sit down to add a little something to the MRC tome, I often felt like I was entering a combat zone. I never served in the military so I well understand that stating this may come across as overly dramatic and if so, I apologize to all of you that have served our nation in the armed forces; I would never wish to offend. I do not wish to be dramatic in the least.

Tecumseh commemorative Shawnee Nation dollar

Many I have spoken to this week are in a sort of mourning. That does not accurately describe how I feel, but I understand the sentiment. There is a poem penned by a Native North American known as Chief Tecumseh I wish to share with you in parting. It is a sort of “warrior creed” adopted by many in the American military, especially those in special operations. Please focus on the positive message of the poem in how to live our lives after one experiences a set-back along the road of life. For me, the poem simply conveys the tremendous value of living every moment with passion and intensity for those we love. All of us want what is best for this nation. I know I will fight again for this great nation:

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.

Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

Since before the birth of this great nation in 1776, individuals, families, and communities struggled to make a better America. Early American patriots like Thomas Jefferson and John Adams disagreed vehemently even to the point of animosity, but they were patriots. They were prepared to give their lives for our nation. We must all retain that same intense Spirit of America as we all work to build her up and to fight for her another day.

I know Mitt Romney will.

American Values: “In God We Trust” — “Liberty” — “E Pluribus Unum”

Twitter Follow: @VicLundquist – Dedicated to all members of The United States military and their families

About Victor Lundquist:

Victor is a businessman working in the healthcare industry. He and his wife of 33 years have five children and four grandchildren. Vic has been blogging for Mitt Romney since 2007.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Gratitude to American Patriots

1. Dr Peter A. Wish says:

Vic, Nate and all the patriots at MRC:
    Thank you so much for your tireless efforts to help our country. You did make a big difference.
    Mitt was the right man for the right time and it’s the country’s great loss that he didn’t win.
    As a member of the Romney National Campaign Finance Committee who grew to know Mitt and Ann well, I know first-hand that Mitt was the ONLY candidate to compete with the Obama freebee machine.
    Let’s pray that our country doesn’t lose it’s founding principles and it’s moral fiber.
    We can still be optimistic, regroup and make our party stronger.

Well said, Vic. Thank you so much for your hard work in MRC
    Love the poem. I found it very touching, inspiring. God has its own purpose.May be Jah is preparing us for something awesome.
    I wonder Obama supporters feels guilt from this election. I’m a huge fan of the Bushs. Love W Bush. I was feeling depressed, feeling guilty for a long time after i vote for W in ’04 for the 2nd term. Because, the war in Iraq was really bad, many things were not right and i felt somehow guilty knowing that things were not o.k. but i cast my vote for W. I wonder Obama supporters feels the same guilt what i expreranced.
    I think we need to educate young conservative kids in college providing tuition for political science so, they can come out with fresh conservative values idea. Or, slide in conservative programs in schools under the cover name “global” (libs love anything with name global or organic. hehehehehe If we don’t do something we’ll 2nd class citizens in Libral land :-)

3. Hardtaill says:

Victor, I love your article and it is spot-on. America has turned the corner on morality and is about to turn the corner on its fiscal responsibility. I, like you, felt it was a war on what’s good and healthy for this nation. I sometimes feel that U.S.A stands for United Socialist America. I hope I’m wrong, but the leaves are changing.

4. Nanny says:

Thanks for writing this – there’s such a hole in my heart for us all. I found a quote after the election that helped sum up Mitt Romney for me:
    “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” —John Quincy Adams
    Thank you Governor Romney, Ann Romney and the rest of the family for your sacrifices.

p.s. I’m up for nationalizing Voter ID laws – want to work on it together?

5. Roxanne says:

Vic: Your parting words are pure poetry, and they echo the knell of the freedom bell, particularly because it is posted on the birthday of the USMC. I know firsthand how tirelessly you poured yourself into Romney’s campaign. Your personal sacrifices were immense, and for that, I thank you from the bottom of my heart but can never thank you enough. Millions of good people have been completely stunned by this election’s result, yet I can hear their quiet whispers as they lay low. They have not been silenced and as they survey the landscape after the fallout settles, their outrage will renew the strength of their spirit. It is the same spirit so eloquently described in Chief Tecumseh’s “warrior creed”. I am in total agreement with your thoughts about God answering the supplicant prayers of the faithful. His plans surpass our understanding, and when He answers, it will be in a way that cannot be misunderstood. The election was not the battle. It was only a hill claimed by the opposition. The vengeance is in His hands – His people were created to be free. I pray He blesses you and yours always.

6. Beth Barnat says:

I, too, am grieving the loss of this great opportunity for a truly great man and his wife, Ann, and the Ryans to be the leaders of country. An emptiness. A sense of unbelief. A sense of wonderment that so many would choose darkness over light. Thank you, Mitt Romney, for fighting so very hard, along with Ann, Paul Ryan and his wife to be able to lead our country truly forward to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness; individual responsibility and the ability to give our children and grandchildren a better country than we experienced. May God bless us all.

7. Nikki says:

I am sad to see Mitt and Anne leave the national stage. They were uplifting, reassuring, they made me feel that America had not completely lost its way. 57 million Americans yearned for your leadership. Either the election was fraudulent or I no longer recognize nor belong to the country. Sadly it is not the country I was born to and had great patriotism for. It will be to other generations to suffer and then save the constitution, or go in to the dust bin of history. But oh what a lovely light it was. God bless you Mitt, you did leave everything on the field and so have I.

8. Diane says:

Thank you for having this site for all Mitt supporters to keep in touch with each other and viewing all his activity this past year(s)
    It will be missed.

9. Gloria says:

Thank you to all of you who worked so hard on this site, posting and chatting. I believe that Romney would have been the best president since George Washington. He and his wife are truly worth emulating. They have become part of our family. I believe they will continue to fight for this country as we must. Thank you all so much.

10. katie says:

I just hope the President will work with the republicans like Clinton did after all Clinton helped him get re- elected and stood up for him saying that he needs more time then he needs to advise him to work with congress to get things done and so far that hasn’t happened yet! i think it’s time for both parties to humble themselves for the good of the country because both democrats and republicans should held accountable, I see can see points on both sides so meet in the middle as the Obama has given a second term to lead so time for him to show that leadership and realize that more is at stake than just their egos!

11. Liz says:

Thanks Vic – I always enjoyed reading your posts and this is no exception. Godspeed and God bless.

12. Jayde Wyatt says:

Vic, even though Team MRC has said their goodbyes in emails, I wanted to thank you again for all the work you’ve done for Governor Romney and for MRC. You’ve been a wonderful, dedicated, articulate contributor!

You burned the midnight oil many nights to help the cause. I especially loved the quotes you sometimes included in your articles. It’s been wonderful working with you and all the team. I wish you and yours all the best!

13. Victor Lundquist says:

To all of you that left messages above, thank you very much. I believe Mitt and Ann will see these messages and I know they are grateful.

Jayde and others above, thank you. One of the great joys of this past year and beyond was discovering how hard millions of people were working for the cause to get a great man elected; you were all part of that team. But to your specific words imploring God’s blessings especially, thank you so much. I am most grateful.

God bless each one of you and your families.

God bless America.

14. hunibuni2 says:

Thank you, Vic for putting so much time and effort in this site to keep us connected with Mitt during the campaign. I looked forward to visiting it every day to keep track of what was happening on the Campaign trail with Mitt and Ann. I have worked with Mitt in both of his Campaigns and there is NO ONE MORE QUALIFIED to be President and lead our Country out of this slump than MITT Romney!! He is a TRUE leader and Statesman and would have been a better President than the beloved Reagan. Mitt is a keen, sharp business man with the experience that America needs right now. It is truely shameful that a man that has no clue how to run this Country can win re election by denigrating lying about the opponent. AMERICA NEEDED MITT ROMNEY!! GOD BLESS MITT and ANN, and God Bless AMERICA.

Vic…..I loved your article, but it saddens me that it is your last post on MRC. I will miss your articles, quotes and the enthusiasm you had for Mitt Romney’s candidacy. It’s been very hard to see Romney lose the presidency and now we must say goodbye to you and the many staff and guest writers of MRC. Just today I received what I believe will be my last e-mail from the Romney campaign.

I can relate to your not wanting to listen to the news. I found myself not looking forward to the news for obvious reasons. I did not completely stay away from it, but I found myself changing the station a lot to stay away from certain talking heads or news stories.

I agree with you that Mitt Romney will remain the most qualified candidate for the presidency for along time. Republicans are excited about the up and coming prospects for 2016, but I don’t see any that excite me as Romney did. But we need to pick up the pieces and move forward. Mitt Romney is going to keep fighting and wants us to as well.

I will miss you and MRC. Thanks for your contribution.

God Bless all the Romney/Ryan Supporters
    God Bless America

16. Diane says:

God bless you for all that you have done!

17. Sheltiemom says:

Dear Vic,

You were a much-admired contributor at MRC, as were the other contributing authors and will miss those voices. I always looked forward to another Lundquist article and would wait to read it until I could do so without interruption.

To say I’m heartsick about what happened on election day is an understatement, and I know everybody at Chat feels the same way. My fellow volunteers at our local victory center still remain in varying degrees of shock, and even some of the employees at our local supermarket were in a state of total disbelief. But thanks to the generosity of the Gundersons, those of us who met at MRC will be able to stay friends on the chat board. I so hope you’ll join us.

Mitt Romney was, bar none, the only person who had the ability to right the Ship of State. As a human being, he is so far above most in the political arena. My husband and I had the good fortune to see and listen to him at two of his rallies in the Cleveland, Ohio area. His supporters love him, and I hope he realizes this. He and his lovely wife Ann are such wonderful, good people. He fought the good fight against terrible odds and retained his integrity, dignity and character throughout. He is my president.

Every minute I spent as a volunteer for Governor Romney’s cause was a privilege. His supporters don’t want to lose him and are hoping he returns in some capacity when he feels up to it.

In the meantime, my husband and I wish for his and Ann’s good health and peace.

18. Glen Goodsell says:

Vic,

Thank you! I have awakened from my slumber and will never rest again in so great a cause. I look forward to many great years ahead and working ourselves to the grave. I look forward to getting together. I have many grass roots ideas. As you, I have complete trust in the Almighty.

To all of you wonderful writers at MRC, you are amazing. Thank you for all of your sacrifice, passion and coMITTment in bringing the important issues in the campaign to us. I couldn’t wait to get on MRC everyday to see what was happening and how we all could help. This site was a shelter in the storm of craziness. I came here to seek the peace and intellect of like minds and causes, and I could always find solace here.
    You all have sacrificed your time, emotions, and your all to champion such a great cause. Please know you are appreciated and loved. We didn’t fail Mitt. Closed hearts and minds failed Mitt. You should be very proud of all you have done here. This was a calling. You were on a mission and you completed the task in brilliance. The people you’ve touched and changed are unnumbered. This was a labor of love for a Man that is truly remarkable in every way.

I will miss coming here to chat with my friends, but please know this lady is ever grateful and touched by your service to your fellow man. May God bless America…we will need him badly.

20. sherry says:

Mitt Romney is a man who has achieved greatness in his life, and is just humble and quiet about it. Hes my kind of guy.
    Thanks from the bottom of our hearts for your valiant fight.
    God bless you and your beautfiul family and God Bless