A Tribute to Ann Romney

Ann Romney was touched by the overwhelming cheers and applause she received as she prepared to speak at the Repubican National Convention in Tampa, Florida. Aug 27, 2012

Vigorously campaigning for Mitt and Paul Ryan, Ann Romney’s wonderful warmth, easy-going manner, sense of humor, courage, and compassion endeared her to throngs of Americans across the country.

When team Obama tried to land an uppercut by claiming Ann had never worked a day in her life, she turned them on their heads by defending her work to raise her five sons. Interestingly, I still read comments about the Romney household supposedly being filled with tons of servants and nannies. Before MRC is archived, I want to set the record straight – again. No. Ann Romney did the hard work, ran her own home, raised five great sons, served her community, and was also a magnificent First Lady of Massachusetts. Only after becoming ill with multiple sclerosis was it was determined that an individual to help with housecleaning a couple of times a month would be helpful.

Long-labeled her husband’s ‘secret weapon’ it was thrilling to watch amazing Ann’s popularity take flight throughout the whole campaign process. And that’s where it will remain. (That convention speech of hers… WOW.) She is the neighbor we’d like to know and the mom or sister or friend we’d like to have.

Ann Romney was and is a patriot.

This tribute is for you, Ann. Thank you so much for all you are. Thank you for the joy and hope you gave us along the campaign trail.

Ann was featured in the November 2012 issue of Good Housekeeping.

“I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work.”
~ Ann Romney

Ann Romney surrounded by some of her grandchildren…
(They call her ‘Mamie’. Love that.)

“As his partner on this amazing journey, I can tell you Mitt Romney was not handed success. He built it.” ~ Ann Romney

Ann Romney chats with family members before the first presidential debate gets underway. Oct 2012

“Mitt doesn’t like to talk about how he has helped others because he sees it as a privilege, not a political talking point. And we’re no different than the millions of Americans who quietly help their neighbors, their churches and their communities. They don’t do it so that other will think more of them. They do it because there is no greater joy.” ~ Ann Romney

Ann Romney apppeared on ‘The Rachael Ray Show’ to share her recipe for Mitt’s favorite birthday dinner… something he’s requested for 43 years – meatloaf cakes. Oct 25, 2012 (Photo – CBS)

“I think we recognize as Americans there are certain things that are just primary to the freedoms and liberties that we enjoy here and religious freedom is one of the most important things we as Americans cherish.” ~ Ann Romney

Mitt and Ann greet children of campaign voluntters at a campaign call center in Livonia, Michigan. Feb 28, 2012 (Photo – Gerald Herbert/AP)

“I said tonight I wanted to talk to you about love. Look into your hearts. This is our country. This is our future. These are our children and grandchildren. You can trust Mitt.” ~ Ann Romney

Campaign staff and traveling reporters were treated to Ann Romney’s homemade Welsh cakes as they headed to Tampa, Florida for the Republican National Convention in Tampa, FL.

After handing out homemade Welsh cakes to the press corp traveling with her and her husband, Mitt Romney on the way to the Repub Natl Convention in Florida, Ann jokes with reporters. Aug 2012

Ann, flanked by sons Ben and Josh, at one of the three presidential debates. Oct 2012 (Photo – Shannon Stapleton-Pool/Getty)

Tireless campaigner!

Beautiful inside and out… Oct 25, 2012

Ann’s love of horses (and grandchildren!) has helped keep her MS in remission.

Trampoline time… from Five Brothers’ Blog 2007-2008

Dear Ann, you would have been the most amazing First Lady.

We love you.

Please know you’ll be sorely missed.

Follow Jayde Wyatt on Twitter @YayforSummer

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

180 Responses to A Tribute to Ann Romney

1. Vickie Deacon says:

A heartfelt thank-you to Mitt and Ann Romney and your beautiful family. We are all better for having seen your example this past year. You did not lose, America lost.

2. emofreeutah says:

I have been involved in politics for many years and you have made me feel that the sacrifices my family and I have made have all been worth it.

I want to be involved in anything you and Mitt do to help keep our nation free and make it freer and stronger in the future.

You said it best when you stated that there are so many out there who want to help our nation. We would five our all across any line to see it remain free and strong. You and Mitt showed us that there is a better way, a higher road. Now let us live to make men free.

3. Jan Keller says:

Thank you so much, Ann for letting us get to know and love you! You are my hero, i was diagnosed with BC four years ago, and last week was told I have recurrent BC. I try to draw courage by your example of strength! Your awesome! I’ll miss you and your wonderful family. God bless you and yours!

Ann is one, very strong tough women. Proud of her! Let Jah reward for her sacrifice and hard work. I hope, Ann and Gov Romney don’t disappear. They should come out soon and tell us they’re o.k.

Please,please, people STOP saying America is lost. This is not the end of the world. America won’t be shaken by easily by wimpy radical lib wackos. Even Greek and Spain are surviving with no strong foundations. Don’t listen much the so called conservative talk shows. I’m sure they’re adding more pain on your current emotion.

We’re down and the other side have their moment for now. We’ve to admit and accept that we were beaten easily by 101 community organizer book tactics. We lost in OH with a popular GOP gov, a popular senate GOP, a house speaker Bohner GOP a NO leader in my opinion. Shame on us!

Victory, changes don’t come easily. We need to get engage in, be passionate for what we beleive in wtih one voice and one LOve. We need to throw out Horror Harry and alike. There are so many bums in washington are waiting our pinkslip:-)

5. tony says:

thank you mrs romney you are a great person like also mitt and your family god bless you and keep you and give you many good years america lost a fine frist lady but bless you any way and give you heath so you and can live a long good life thank you so much.

6. Jacqueline Batt says:

sad eyes. empty hearts. America lost. Thank you & God Bless!

7. Carolina Mom says:

Ann, You are such a special lady and I know that you would have made a very classy First Lady. May God continue to bless you and Mitt. We Love You!!!

8. valerie says:

Thank you Mrs. Romney for your very personal sacrifice. You are beautiful, amazingly accomplished and an example for us all. You and Governor Romney are an amazing partnership. We appreciate your fight for this country and know that you and Governor Romney truly have done this for love of country and not for personal need or glory. God Bless You and your beautiful family.

9. Robin Washburn says:

Thankyou for all you did to teach people about the importance of saving our freedoms and not being slave to the government. Please keep teaching how the economy works and how important our family is first. We need you. God needs you.

10. Cindy says:

Thank you Mrs. Romney! You are a model of what a real first lady should be! God bless you and your family!

11. Heidi Stevenson says:

Dear Mitt and Ann,

You will always be the first couple that represents our time in my book!

Much love,

Heidi

12. Carlotta Vergamini says:

God Bless You Ann, You and your Beautiful Family <3 I was so looking fwd to seeing you as our newly elected First Lady my Heart go's out to you and Gov. Mitt Romney for keeping our Spirit of this Awesome Country Alive!! Please do not be strangers.. Me and my Family wish you and yours the very Best :) We will never give up!!

13. Barbara Repko, Pittsburgh says:

Thank you, Mrs. Romney. You are a true lady with class and grace. Your honest husband didn’t stand a chance going up against the Chicago thug and the rampant election tampering, fraud and unconscionable violations. There should be a full recount demanded. I for one refuse to give up on my America and will not be silenced or take this lying down! Bless you.

14. Diana Rinaldi says:

Dear Ann and Mitt, I can not believe that your not going to the whitehouse,I swear to God ,I don’t know how but I think the radicals rigged this race,sooo my people wanted you to win,I was a democrat but I voted for you and I know a lot more did as well,theres no why you could’ve lost legally,no why,I wish it could be investagated and find out the truth,love you guys and all I can say is we are DOMBED

15. Judy McCormick says:

Thank you for giving the American Public and World, a glimpse of a true American woman. You’ve earned it all Ann Romney.

16. Peggy Batt says:

You are such an example of a real woman. Thank you for showing us what a first lady SHOULD be like. You have class, honor, honesty, dignity and everything else that is good. We love you.

17. Tina says:

Thank you both, so much, for trying to save America. Our country would have had excellence in the Whitehouse!

18. Mary Monteleone says:

Dearest Ann, Please know how loved and respected you are in this country. We couldn’t wait to see you as First Lady. You are so kind and in tune with the hearts of Americans. Millions of us are praying for you and your family to feel our gratitude for all you offered us this year. Until we meet again, God bless you all.

19. Joann Brown says:

I was devastated Wednesday morning. I just knew that we would have a new President Romney and First Lady. The two of you are such an energizing couple, so down to earth and have the values that I hold dear. I am thankful that we got to see your family and hear your stories, they made my heart happy. The Wednesday after the election I had to go to my heart doctor for results of a CT Scan, and told my doctor about my sorrow about the election. He felt the same way, that I worry about my Medicare and how we Seniors will get the care that we need. We still have the worry now. I cannot believe that the American people voted the way they did, that they could not or would not see that we need a serious change. You and Governor Romney are such a classy couple and I don’t mean that flippant . You have raised a great family and remain totally in love and it shows. I pray that Governor Romney can find ways to help us even now. Thank you, thank you. I know that God will continue to richly bless you and your family.

20. jean says:

We love you both, and my prayers are with you .

21. David says:

Amazing couple. Wonderful people. I don’t know how to express my deepest feelings of loss to the energy, love, ethics and business sense you both would have given to America in her great need. We live in transformative times that seek to alter and fundamentally change what WE as a people are about. But our principles are both the Lord’s and the Founding Fathers and we will not give them up. We will pray for our ‘enemy’ knowing that the Lord said that our ‘enemy will be those of our own households’. Times change, but principles never do.

22. artzi says:

God bless you Ann as well as your entire family I’m sad to know that you won’t be our next First Lady. No one deserves it more than you! Love you & Mitt.

23. Teddy and Darlene Gill says:

You gave us hope. What a wonderful couple you are and show the world. I was so looking forward to your being in the White House and bringing my country back to what I remember growing up. Hopefully we will have something left to be proud of after the next four years. I was shocked in 2008 when Obama won and after the last four years I knew that he couldn’t win again. I am still in shock and quite frankly mourning for our country. If we had the means, we actually would leave our country for at least the next four years. Our flag will be upside down for the next four years. Enjoy your wonderful family. I know in one way or another you and your family will continue your good work.

24. Vickie Moore says:

Just want to say THANK YOU and your family for all that you tired to do for our Country. I believe that this was a stolen election and Mitt really won! I was so hoping to be call you our First Lady and in my mind that is what you are! Stay strong in the belief that that there many of us out here that believe in you and Mitt and the message that you both brought. May God continue to Bless your family.

25. Mary Hatch says:

Thank you Ann for being such a classy lady and a true patriot! May God bless you!

26. Liz martin says:

I believe your good become first lady in United States.
    Sincerely
    Elizabeth

27. Margaret says:

Thank you all for running a campaign that made us proud. You are a class act and I know God has a special plan for each of you . My sadness is for our country; you would have made the difference we need .

28. Ginny says:

America has truly been affected by both of your lives. I know that will continue. You both were credible examples of focus despite the immense pressures you must have faced. Thank you for the ‘breath of fresh air’ in a very political world.

29. Paul Williams says:

You are a great lady and its a shame you wont get the chance to be first lady. My family has known the Romneys since we went to church together back in Michigan. In my opinion you are the first family of this country.

30. Regina Phillips says:

Thank You for all you are doing and did. I finally felt I had a voice, you were standing for so many of us. I’m grateful for you and your husband for being willing to do what we needed to do for our country. I’m so sad you didn’t make it to the White House, we really needed you both to be there! Thank You for your service and the love you have for our country. God Bless you and your family and the rest of us will just have to step it up a little more so we can stay free!

31. Karen Flatoff says:

I would have been proud to have you as the First Lady,! You were confident, loving, honest, energetic and patriotic. You and Mitt represent what a marriage shold be like! Sadly, America is saddled with another 4 years of the footloose full time vacationer funded of course, by all of us. I am disgusted knowing what we lost! I am still grieving and most likely will for the next 4 years, unless our Lord raptures us before that (Hopefully)!

32. Debbie Griffus says:

My heart broke on November 6th. I just knew we were going to get real leaders back in our White House. You are an inspiration, as is your husband. Much love to the both of you, and thank you for all that you do.

33. Sandra Kennedy says:

Thank you both for giving us hope. You have shown us such dedication and love and remind us what families should be.. Now the country is in God’s hands and we will continue our prayer that He will guide us in the path of righteous.
    Sandra

34. Gerri Ballard says:

Dear Mitt and Ann: I want you to know that my husband and I were 150% behind you. Sorry there are people in the USA who don’t know anything about the USA and what goes on. You are always our first choice.

35. Colette says:

We love you, Ann!! Thank you for all your inspiration and for being such a tremendous role model!! :)

36. Marie Arena-Dye says:

Words can’t express the sadness in my heart. Nov 6th is to me, one of the saddest days in our history. You and your husband have given more to this country then any person on this planet. I thank you for trying and I thank you for caring. You and your family will be in my prayers always. I know God will watch over you as he already has. God Bless you, we love you. With tears in my eyes, I wish you both the best, thank you so much.

Marie

37. Rose Walker says:

Thank you for running a first class campaign for our country. History will show that America lost truth and honor in this 2012 election outcome.
    Ann, thank you for your support for Mitt and our country. May God bless you and your family and May God Bless America.

38. Charlotte Gerlach says:

Charlotte Gerlach · Owner/Artist at Self Employed and Loving It!
    My prayers go out to your family. I had such high hopes and also feel that Mitt won!
    I felt that Mitt would have made a Great President and you, Ann, an outstanding First Lady. God help America; we’re going to need all the help we can get!
    Thanks for running and God bless you both and your family!
    Reply · 1 · Unlike · 9 seconds ago

39. DeAnna Crabtree says:

Ann,
    I had so looked forward to you and your wonderful husband Mitt to be our President and First Lady. I pray you and Mitt know how much we the people wanted you in office!! Ann, you are such a loving, caring, supportive woman and I know how much Mitt loves you for it, and I also admire you so! You are showed the United States what a First Lady should be. God bless you and your wonderful family!! I hope this isn’t the end of us seeing your and your husband wanting to turn our America back to what She’s meant to be!! Take special care, Ann, and please know you have a special place in America’s heart! So does Mitt!!!

40. patricia says:

America missed the opportunity to have a good, decent, intelligent man lead us. I wanted so much to see you and Ann in the WH. Please know that I’m thinking of you and send love and blessings. Thank you for what you did for our country; you are a wonderful example for all of us.

41. Nick Randel says:

Thankl you Ann for your hard work and Love and dedication! You are an inspiriation and true american woman. It is a shame that you will not be able to be the first lady of our nation, but you are still an amazing gift to us and we thank you for all you have shown and done!

42. Mary Saylor says:

Ann, you are truly a beautiful person. Together I know you and Mitt would have been a perfect team working for a better tomorrow. I have had a constant sick feeling since Tuesday when I realized the mistake that voters made. I wish you both only the best and thank you for letting America know the real Mitt and Ann……….God Bless you both and God Bless America.

43. Louise says:

Thank you for sharing your lives with us and giving us hope. I am sorry you and Mitt were cheated out of your chance to help our Country. I wish health and happiness.

44. James says:

Ann E. Dunwoody is the first four star general in the United States military.

Ann Romney is more successful than that.

45. Pauline says:

Sincere thanks for yours and your entire family’s commitment to the well-being of the USA. I’m greatly saddened for myself and family not to be seeing you all as the First Family. With America’s and the state’s sovereignty and rule of law even more fully at stake now after these election results–this was truly a severe loss to the USA. Yet, I’m so very appreciative of Mitt’s steadiness and professionaism in a very difficult political environment and hostile media. What Mitt Romney, Ann Romney and your family were able to accomplish was disciplined, strong, and graciously done. Thank you.

46. Robert Tameyo says:

Our country has lost in the out come of this election, truly the will of the people that count was not heard as this election was stolen, and both You and Mitt were above the slanderous smear campaign offered to the want freebies, by this Administration. How wonderful it would have been to have real class in our White House for a change, instead of the current occupiers. God bless you both.

47. Marcia Harding says:

I have been sick of heart for days since the election. We missed the opportunity to have our land and people blessed by the moral and outstanding leadership Mitt would have brought to the Presidency. Ann, thank you dearly for the time, grace, intelligence, compassion, leadership, honesty and integrity you and Mitt gave to the cause. It is one of the greatest pleasures of my life that I can tell my grandchildren that I voted in the best way by voting for Mitt Romney! You make a fabulous First “Elect” Lady!

48. Rebecca Messer says:

Dear Ann,
    I was so Saddened by our loss! You would have made a GREAT First Lady. Mitt would have made a GREAT President! My prayers are with you and your family. May God give you peace, happiness, and much laughter.
    God Bless Rebecca

49. Pam Furst says:

Thank you so much for sharing your lives with us and trying to save our country. We love you and wish you all the best of everything. God Bless you and your wonderful husband.

50. Michael Plamondon says:

My dear Ann, Mitt is a very blessed man to have you in his life for all time. Thank you for being willing to share your man with us. I think he would of been a president spoke highly of in the history books. I think you and Mitt could of showed the world why family and family values are so important in this life. You and Mitt could of showed the world dignity and grace that we see less of all the time. I pray that you two will be willing to stick your family on the line in 2016. I pray that in the mean time more people will learn to appreciate OUR Mormon Christian values and find we are not the monsters they think we are but outstanding neighbors. Yours Brother Plamondon

51. Mary Saylor says:

Ann, you are truly a beautiful person. Thank you for giving American the opportunity to know the real Mitt and Ann. I know that you both represented American with pride and would have been a real ambassador for our Country, God Bless you both and God Bless America!!

52. Cyndi Haddock says:

You and your husband are what is right about America and it’s citizens. Willing to selflessly sacrifice your all to serve our nation, because of your love for this great land. You’ve inspired us to to be better citizens and make a difference in this world. Thank you for always being an example and yes, you would have made a wonderful first lady! We’ll never forget you!

53. James Doyle says:

I can’t thank you enough for all your hard work, Thank You!

I hope you and your family will continue to help lead our country in what ever capacity you find we need you now more than ever!

God bless you and your Family Tell Mitt Thanks and we stand on the same principles as he and will continue to fight for this great country!

54. Ronda Shields says:

What a Beautiful lady you are! Your spirit is something to be admired. It’s America’s loss. Mitt would have been a Great President and turned things to a path of prosperity for years to come.But Prophesy is being full filled. May the Almighty bless you and you family.And have mercy on our great nation. My deepest admiration for you for the wife, mother, and woman you are. You would have been an outstanding first lady. Our hearts are so sad for the great loss.

55. wanda leadbetter says:

You and your family changed this country forever. Thank you for all your efforts. I am not magnanimous enough to accept the results of this election. obama will never be my president for in my heart I still believe in the power of Mitt Romney!

56. Kay says:

Thank you so much for sharing your lives with us these past months. It would have been an honor to have you as our First Lady. You were gracious and poised no matter what the occasion. Wish you well. It would have been awesome to have a fellow horse lover in the White House. Best wishes for whatever future path you take.

57. Joe Finneman says:

Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Romney for your tireless spirit, your gracious bearing, your endearing message, and your class. We are all, as a nation, richer for getting to know you, stronger for having followed your lead. I wish nothing but the best for you and your wonderful family.

58. Toni Rose says:

So sad that you will not be our First Lady for the next 4 years but may we hope that it will happen in the future. A lot of Americans are behind your husband and see him as our hope for the future! We have not given up. May God Bless you and your family! We love you!

59. Amy Speer says:

Ann you have long inspired me, but never more that with the courage and commitment you demonstrated in this campaign. The nation will never know what I know. The nation will never know that your husband would have served tirelessly and saved us from this mess. God Bless you and your family Ann. Thank you for your service to the process!! – Amy Speer

60. Deborah Braun says:

Thank you for being such a wonderful Wife , Mother and Grandmother . You showed the world how to be a beautiful, strong amazing ,warm woman who supported her husbands career while keeping the home fires burning brightly. You have shown courage under fire and grace under pressure and you only became stronger. You stood tall by your beloved Mitt !! You are an Anerican treasure and a model for young womem across this land who have so few to choose from these days. As a woman with a chronic health problem that never takes a day off I admire you for your resolve to push on everyday !! God Bless you always from one Mother , Grandmother and even great-grandmother to another !!!

61. ada campbell says:

You are a true lady and we would have been honored to have had you as our First Lady. I am so proud of you because you chose to be a stay at home Mom. You are truly who the American people needed to look up to. I am so glad that you and Mitt stood up for your beliefs – because I do not know that our current has any religious affliation and I believe that in order for our country to come together and heal we will have to turn back to God.

62. Judy Porter says:

Dear Ann, my heart has been broken!! We were so looking
    Forward to you being one of America’s classist First
    Ladies!!!! We were so excited about Mitt Romney being
    Our President!! We had Hope and Encouragement!!! From all indications it looked like he would be!!! We love you
    both and we prays God’s Blessings on your entire
    Family!!! You two have not lost, America has…. We have
    to continue to still fight for our country!!!!

63. Jaime Bostic says:

So disappointed with the loss of the election. We so appreciate the long days and weeks you gave to us. Thank you for letting us get to know you and your family. May God Bless you.

64. Carol Bainbridge says:

I send my heartfelt thanks to to Mitt and Ann Romney for trying as hard as you could, for sharing your beautiful family while we went through this challenging, honorable battle for the soul of America. No one could have tried harder. Our hearts are with you and may our prayers lift you up.

65. Vicki says:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Please do not give up. We need you and we need Mitt. For the first time in a long time, I had hope for the future of this county.

Thank you for all of the sacrifices for this country made by you and your entire families.

66. Charlene says:

Thank you so much for all you gave to this campaign. You are a wonderful example of grace, faith and strength. Thank you for sharing your husband and family with all of us. I am heartbroken that the election was stolen from you. My love and prayers are with you and your family always.

67. Brenda says:

Thank you and Mitt for all the hard work. You are the epitome of all that is moral and upright in a country going into chaos. I would have been proud to call you my First Lady and Mitt the President of the USA. We had a chance of bringing back the traditions of our forefathers and we blew it. But it was through no fault of yours. You worked hard and long and we supported you with our whole being. May you live in peace and comfort with our Lord God by your side. Once again, thank you, Ann and Mitt. We love you.

68. Merry Parker says:

Dearest precious Ann,
    You and your husband Mitt are wonderful role models for our Country. I love you both for all you did. I am very proud of you and will always stand behind you and what you stood for.
    May our Lord be with you and protect you. You are the best!

69. Toni says:

Mitt is still the great leader that this country needs. You would have been the best 1st Lady of my life time. You both are a classy couple. Thank you for all that both of you did during this campaign. Your efforts won’t be forgotten. I will continue to pray for you both.

70. Nancy Roba says:

I still believe there will be a answer I know in my heart that Mitt one the election Obama did it again, he had people vote that had no right to.He denied the votes of the service men,he bribed people to vote twice buy giving them phones and other thing He bused in people that where not American citizens and had people help them vote they could not do it.When Obama fought the voter I.D. to show who and where you came from. we let him get away with it. i believe we need to scrap the whole votes and start over Mitt will win if the election is not rigged

71. JoAnn Cousins says:

You will forever be our first lady. God bless you Ann and your wonderful family.

72. Jill Sanderson says:

My husband and I are still in shock! The state of affairs of this country are depressing and frightening. You and your husband gave us so much hope and promise. You will be missed. Your love a for eachother and love of this country is apparent. Thank you for giving us all a glimpse into your lives and for giving us true hope. G-d bless you both and your beautiful family.

73. Gerri Unger says:

Dear Ann……..Thank you so much for working so hard for your husband these past several years, to try to get him elected President. The election has left me feeling like one of my best friends died! I am so sad that this country will never know what a great man Mitt is and what amazing things he could have done for this great, choice-above-all nation! And they will never know what a truly outstanding first lady you would have been. Thank you so much for your graciousness, humility, strength and determination. You are an example of all that is good and right in this terribly confused world. My prayers have and will continue to be with you and your family. I am truly grateful for both of you!

74. frances quinn says:

my whole family supported mitt from yard signs, to donations and empty chairs on the lawns. facebook fundraisers to romney bracelets to manchester rally. we all wanted to see you in the white house….such a great family you have. only one thing, because of the blatant voter fraud as shown by allen west in florida, i think mitt should talk to his people and insist on a recount certainly in florida and all the swing states. there is no way he lost florida, virginia, possibly ohio, wisconsin . voter fraud for sure. in reading comments on the internet the people of this country would like him to do this. i know how hard it must have been to lose over junk votes, but a lot of us don’t think he did lose. he worked so hard and was the best candidate we will see as we go down the road to socialism and surely communism and lose our country. the military votes also were a set up because most of the military voted for your husband. i intend to write my congressmen again and get some answers or at least demand a recount.

75. tammy says:

Thank You to Ann and Mitt You both are awesome and we love you and pray for You! America and my family grieve because we lost the greatness that could have been! Thank You for sharing True Greatness with America!

76. leslie says:

My heart broke when it was determined the election went to the “other guy”. I cannot begin to tell you how I admired your courage and devotion to your Husband Mitt and Family. The love between you all was refreshing to witness and very inspiring. Speaking from this household, we think you are plain and simply awesome and would have complimented the White House like it hasn’t been complicated in a very long time. Bless you and your family and keep yourselves well and happy.

77. Denise says:

Mrs. Romney I am deeply saddend that Mitt did not win the election….he won in my eyes though! Ann you are an amazing Woman and deserved to be First Lady as your Husband should have been President. I know that Mitt said he would not run again but PLEASE , PLEASE run in 2016. Mitt has mine and my families vote already. America made the WRONG CHOICE but they will see and regret what they did….. Your the best !!

78. Yo Marie Guerriere says:

Dear First Lady Ann Romney (to ME you are a First Lady),
    I want to thank you, your husband, your sons, and your entire family for all of your hard work and dedication in wanting to turn around America. I am so thankful that you and your husband decided to fight the good fight for America! November 6, 2012 was not the outcome I expected and I am deeply sorry that your husband, Mitt Romney, is NOT the President of the United States. I know that I am ONLY one of thousands of Conservative Americans who are deeply grateful. I will continue to pray for you and Mitt and I hope that he will consider running again in 2016. He is a very fine man! I feel like I am living in a nightmare and I wish that I could wake up but I can’t just yet. God Bless You and Mitt!

79. Judith M. Hernandez says:

Ann you are as beautiful a lady inside as you are outside. You and Mitt made us very proud. We will never be able to thank you enough for taking the time as well as your family’s
    to stand up for the principles and love of this country. May God bless the Romney family. You are truly great Americansble incredible human beings. You and Mitt will always have our vote for true class and leadership.

80. Gary McKinney says:

Thanks for being our leader of the Republican group. We are sorry we didn’t have enough votes. President Obama bought and paid for his votes through food stamps,welfare and money he contributed through our goverment on the tax payers. He give money to the black so called farmers and even give away cell phones. People don’t know what they voted for. It is a lot of stupid people that all they want is a hand out. A lot of them wouldn’t work if they had a job because of the free bebe’s given away by this President. This can’t go on forever borrowing 41 cents on the dollar.

81. Beverly Rice says:

I’m not sure I can put into words how grateful I am for your example and sacrifice. I just want you to know how amazing it was to watch you these past several years and how you handled it all with the grace and love you possess. I am sure our Heavenly Father is proud of you and the incredible example you have set for all of his daughters. Thank you, Ann. Thank you so much. Now you can turn your attention to what means the most to us all – our dear children and grandchildren. Have a wonderful time doing that!

82. Beverly Wilson says:

Thanks for Sharing Your Family with America .. Your husband would have made an Excellent President .. You would have made a Wonderful First Lady .. I am Sorry for America .. I am Proud of You and Your Family .. You are All in My Prayers ..

83. Bobbie says:

Ann, it literally sickens me that we had a choice between good and evil and evil won. I was sitting in class when one of the students checked the net and announced that Obama had won. Cheers went up in the room, class was let out early so everyone could go home and watch the celebration. And these aren’t people getting free phones! They’re graduate students. I just sat there in disbelief, feeling numb. I had been praying, asking God to not let this arrow formed against the United States to prosper. I tend to think that the vote had to have been rigged. I guess I don’t want to believe that so few people in our country would vote for evil to continue. I’m so very sorry that Mitt isn’t our President. It would have been an honor to refer to him as President and you as First Lady.

84. MaryJo says:

Thank you Mrs. Romeny for all you did during this horible campaign. Im still sickened by the results. I feel you would have mae the best first ladt our country has had in al long time and your husband would have completely truned our coutnry around. I hope we see you helping this administration as clearnly it has been seen tha they cant do it alone. It has promoted me to geting involved somehow is getting a few things changed during election time. not sure where tostart but its gonna happen.. Again thank you f rom the bottom of my heart. You are a wonderful family!

85. Jean Coombs says:

Ann,
    As a mother of special needs kids, you gave me hope and courage. You are a light to so many and you would have been a beautiful, gracious, dignified, and honorable First Lady (I think you really are our First Lady had they not gotten away with cheating). I will forever be grateful that I’ve supported you and your husband since 2007. It has been my honor to work for you in this campaign as a volunteer! THANK YOU for giving your heart and soul to this country we all love. Y’all brought me hope and elevated us all. We love you and will continue to pray for you. You define courage, beauty, and showed the world that being a mother is the greatest joy we can experience as women! Thank you again!!!

86. Jenn says:

What a lovely lady through and through. God bless you always for all that you and your wonderful husband have done for our country. I am so sorry for America, but you give us the resolve to continue fighting for her greatness. We will love you forever and ask that our Father in Heaven shower you with His choicest blessings for your endless sacrifice for the country you love. Thank you for being an example of pure love, charity and goodness. Your family will forever be in our hearts and prayers.

87. Margaret Warr says:

I agree with another reply I read, you and Mitt didn’t lose, America did. I was so looking forward to having a woman of beauty and grace as our First Lady. You would have fit that description. But guess God had other plans. We have to trust HIM and believe HE is in total control. I pray for mercy for America and I pray for you and Mitt to have a blessed life and thank you for your hard work. I know you will be rewarded in the end. You are all in my prayers. May God truly bless you and your family.

88. Linda Rose says:

You and your husband should have won…Mitt was the best man for the job and we all knew this! You will be missed. Come down to Texas….there is talk that we might secede from the Union. You could always be the President and First Lady of the Republic of Texas.

89. Bonnie Tucker says:

We are all so sorry that we are not going to have Mitt and Ann in the Whitehouse. My Dad worked for Mitt’s Dad and I met them when my parents lived in Michigan. When I met his Mom at church she had a needle and thread stuck in the bottom of her dress and I knew she was just like the rest of us. You are a wonderful example as a wife, mother and grandmother and Mitt is the same. Our little grandson who is 10 heard that you lost and he said “I can’t go on”. I think that is how many of us feel. We were so looking forward to your family being in the Whitehouse. Thanks for being the family that you are and for giving up the time that you did to make us have a better country.

90. John Doe says:

Three friends of mine have committed suicide recently, because of the outcome of the election. They fully believe, as I do, that Barack Obama will eventually prove himself to be the next Hitler, and open up these FEMA concentration camps, as well as force us all to take that RFID chip implant (which we believe to be the Mark of the Beast). I came close to killing myself as well, but I can’t. I have a young daughter who needs me. Please pray for us, Mitt. We need God, more than ever now. I just hope God eventually decides to help us fight this monster.

91. Alese B Clark says:

Massachusetts was graced with you as our First Lady; America lost that when the Governor was mistakenly not elected to lead us out of the disaster we are in. And America lost even more when Mitt lost, because we will not have you. G-d bless you. שלום!

92. Angie Snyder says:

Please allow us the honor of your husband running again in 2016! Thank you for your kindness and may God Bless you and your family.

93. Bonnie Lundvall says:

You are a very truly markable person. Thanks for being the family we could all look upto. We had hope up till the end. Want to wish you and your family all the best in the years to come.

94. Wanda McCulloch says:

Mitt Romney did not lose, America lost! Sister Ann, you are a wonderful role model for young and old females, both in your love and attitude but also in your strength of character. It is our loss that all of the citizens of this country that we love could not see that. I pray that the love for country that you and your beautiful family have will continue to inspire others to follow the examples you have set forth. We were given our free agency and it saddens me that others chose the other path. Mitt and Ann, I KNOW your hearts and I grieve with you for America and those who are against the good. Evil may have won the batttle but Good will win the war! I will not stop mourning the loss of your leadership. God bless all the Romneys!

95. Joan Risley says:

You and Mitt, brought such difnity to this campaign..You have nothing to be ashamed of..You did the good fight…My hubby had to campaign every 4 years to be Highway Supt, in our town..Held the positionfor 28 years, until his retirement 8 years ago..Campaigning is hard work and you made it look so easy…We love both of you..Ann, I am a 2 time breat Cancer survivor, also…and know what a fight that is..I am Cancer Free, and hope you stay Cancer free for ever…enjoy your beautiful family….I am saddened, as is my whole family… Mitt did not win the election, but, he won the war…Thanks you…..

96. tom rutkowski says:

Yes…I think the world is coming to an end,before it does though,,,,CHINESES will be our 2nd language

97. Joan Risley says:

Joan Risley says:
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.

November 10, 2012 at 6:26 PM

You and Mitt, brought such dignity to this campaign..You have nothing to be ashamed of..You did the good fight…My hubby had to campaign every 4 years to be Highway Supt, in our town..Held the positionfor 28 years, until his retirement 8 years ago..Campaigning is hard work and you made it look so easy…We love both of you..Ann, I am a 2 time breast Cancer survivor, also…and know what a fight that is..I am Cancer Free, and hope you stay Cancer free for ever…enjoy your beautiful family….I am saddened, as is my whole family… Mitt did not win the election, but, he won the war…Thanksyou…..

98. Lorraine Cullins says:

Ann i want to thank you for all the hard work you and Mitt tried to do for our country. You both could have turned this country around,,but now we are doomed,,i have no faith in the man everyone calls president.. GOD help this country,we wil never be the AMERICA we were. I so was looking forward to you being our FIRST LADY, You are beautiful and iam still praying for you and Mitt. Thank You sovery much for all your hard work…Lorraine

99. Patricia Duimstra says:

I want to thank you for all the hard work you did in hopes of helping our country. Praying your family will have time to rest and recover from their efforts. God is faithful, I appreciate the kind, gentle way you and Mitt campaigned and for taking the high road. Regardless of whether you won or not, you showed you are truly capable of being a first class first lady and Mitt a very good president. Just praying our country will see what it’s real need is.

100. Judy Parmley says:

What a class act you and your husband are. Your husband a true gentleman and statesman. Our nation’s loss. God Bless You.

101. Pam Johnson says:

The feeling of loss was so great on Tues. night when the winner of the election was announced. I had hope, along with millions of others, that we could once again be proud and happy with our President and First Lady…that was not to be. Thank you to both you and Mitt for putting yourselves out there and trying to help the country get back on track. You are examples of the type of people we should all aspire to be. Blessings to you and yours for the future. Thank you for the sacrifices you’ve made.

102. Linda in Arizona says:

Ann, Thank you for being such a great example to all of America. My husband & I were hoping so much that Mitt would win the election. We were both heartsick that the media “jumped” to quickly and called the “win” to Obama. It just didn’t feel right. It still doesn’t! Thanks to you and Mitt for all you have done to lead us and lift us. <3

103. Bob Barber says:

We will never forget you both. America needed you and you stepped forward to lead us. You should rightfully be our President and First Lady. Absolutely no doubt about that. Neither of you did anything wrong but I believe many people did. I Pray our Country comes back to reality and votes for good of country, Bring God back to the classrooms and public places, Upholds the right to life of the unborn, outlaws gay marriage, etc etc etc. God Bless You for all your hard work and Please know that America loves you and I rank number one. Dont forget us and let us know how you all are doing from time to time. Miss you already.

104. Linzilu says:

Ann you are an amazing woman with a heart of gold. What a great example you were to the nation! An example of integrity, morals and good family values. I still find myself getting emotional, many are grieving over this great loss. We will miss you and Mitt so much! You two were just what this country needed! (I still think crooked politics had a hand in Obamas win.) But now that the campaign is over you can get back to loving those beautiful little grandchildren and doing what you’ve always done so well, putting family first.

105. kathy bailey says:

ann, you and mitt and paul and his wife, and all of your families fought the had fight, right to the bitter end. You should all be proud. All of us, that followed and voted for you, are very proud. We got to know some dynamic people. But, you can,t fight corrution, when it is running rampant through the Democratic party and through a lot of this nation. I agree with the saying, ” mitt won the war”. Thank you for working so hard for all of us, that appreciate you so very much. I am so very proud, to tell you, my grandson, Robert Reinhardt, joined the Mormon Church over a year ago, in Florida and he is now up in Salt lake City, doing his missionary prep. He will start his 2 yr mission in California, in December. I just wanted to share with you this great news. he has become a different person, since joining your Church. I think he looks to Mitt as a mentor. Thank you, so very much. And god Bless you all and your families.

106. Tess Wade says:

Dear Ann,
    You are a national treasure and I am honored to stand beside you anywhere, anytime!

I have never met you, but you attended my sister, Renee Whetten’s funeral in Ithaca, NY many years ago. (You actually gave my other sister, JoRita Nielsen and her husband a ride there.) In addition, my oldest daughter is married to Richard and Linda’s Eyre’s middle son Jonah, so I feel a connection there as well.

I have been so proud of you and your husband throughout this election. Thank you for your noble efforts to restore this country to greatness. You provided hope and optimism in uncertain times and helped bind so many of us together, despite our religious affiliation.

You have made the world a better place. Thank you!

Much love,
    Tess Wade

107. Joyce Chittenden says:

I have never had more respect for anyone running for President than Mitt and Ann. Obama made me lose that respect over the last four years. I surely wished that you would have got the job and given it back to all americans so we can be proud of our country.. Your family epitomizes what is normal and God fearing. God Bless you all!

108. Merle Macaya says:

Americans love you and Mitt more than you ever know. Be blessed and no natter what, for us and in our hearts, you are the real deserving President and First Lady of the USA

109. Susan says:

Thank you for touching my heart. You and Mitt renewed my faith in the humanity of our political process. It was an honor to vote for Mitt and an honor to know you. May God bless you and your American family.

110. Spryng Southerland says:

You are a 1st class lady. Thanks so much for giving us hope for a better America. I will always keep you and your family in my prayers. Keep the faith and God Bless you and your family. I would only hope we will be able to see Mitt try again in 4 yrs. I am sorry we didn’t win. Thanks for putting yourselves out there for America.

111. Barbara Whitehead says:

Ann you are such an inspiration to the ladies of this great country. We prayed for Mitt and You and cried when the election was lost, we feel that November 6, was a sad day for America. We must continue to pray for our leadership and our country.

112. Susan says:

Mrs. Romney,

I so wanted you to be our First Lady and Gov. Romney our President. I watched the GOP Convention and from the first, I knew you would bring dignity and class to the White House. Our country needs what you and Gov Romney would have brought to it. I’m doing my best to not be a sore loser, but it’s hard. God Bless you, Gov Romney ans all of your family. The USA has no idea of what it’s missing!

113. Martha Keel says:

Dear Ann,
    My prayers go out to you and your family. I was so hurt when Mr. Romney didn’t get elected. He would have been the best and you would have been an awesome first lady. I want forget you and Mr.Romney. You two are the best. You have a wonderful family and grandkids. America love you. Gaod bless you and you family!

Love , Martha keel

114. Jerri DeCarolis says:

It’s so hard to understand this. How do I explain it to my boys when I can’t even wrap my brain around it? I just took my Romney/Ryan yard signs down yesterday…joking with my Republican neighbor I was waiting for ALL the votes to be counted before taking them down! :) I am hanging them in the garage….they will stay there, to remind all who drive by or enter our garage what a great team this would have been to lead our nation. And you, Ann…..are a very strong woman and would have been such a wonderful 1st Lady. You have a lovely family. I’m heart broken….truly. Thank you for the commitment to the campaign…..and God bless you always.

115. Maggie Hayes says:

Many tears were shed in KY. election night. Our hearts were set on you and Mitt being in the White House. Because of you and Mitt a lot of people in our area have a whole new out look on the church. Thank you so much for the example you set, it just shows in your every action. I really will miss not having you two in the White House but I wanted to see all the little Romney babies running the halls and making that a happier place. My love and prayers to all your family. Maggie

116. Lee Templeton says:

Pray that Mitt can start an organization to help the country and prevent the damage the Obama administration seems to WANT to cause our nation. I too have been so blue since the election — how a “fixer” of broken financial organizations could not overwhelmingly??? Ann would have been one of the great First Ladies we have had.

117. Robert Hanusek says:

Words totally fail. God Bless!

118. FL Beth says:

Words cannot express how much I will miss working with and following the Romney’s. Ann would have made such a fabulous First Lady. Her style, grace, and class are second to none. My heart breaks for the United States today as we must accept the realization that our dreams of having such a fantastic couple in our White House were lost to such a disaster of an administration.

Ann, we all love you and will miss you and Mitt immensely. What this Country has missed will never truly be appreciated, except by those who have gotten to truly know you.

119. Peggy Eads says:

I also, was so saddened that you and Mitt were not to be our president and first lady. You would have been a wonderful first lady, and brought decency and pride back to the white house. May Heavenly Father bless you and your family always.. We, as Christians, will survive this setback as we always do. Thank you for your wonderful examples.

120. Bonnye & Ted Ruttenbur says:

Thank you for your gracious run at first lady, our hearts are sore that the right couple is not currently in the White House. But we applaud the professional campaign. We can be proud of ourselves as conservatives, that we waged an excellant clean battle.

121. Tom & Marla Riley says:

Ann, in our hearts, you will always be our first lady. You set such a shining example to the women of this nation and to the world of a gracious and virtuous woman, wife, mother and grandmother. The sacrifices you made to be with your husband during this very trying and adventurous time on the campaign trail will always be appreciated. You deserve so many more blessings than you have received. You and Mitt and your family are in our prayers. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

122. Rodney Galles says:

I am so infuriated by the blatant fraud in this election it is difficult to speak or write about it. I know Mitt is too much of a gentleman to cry foul, just as you have shown the difference between a lady and an overcommitted tasteless harridan with a chip on her shoulder trying to bully the people who hired her husband. Thank you for the example you showed my daughters of a gracious person.

123. Joanne Vorkink says:

Dear Ann,
    I want you to know that many new friends I have on breastcancer.org have been supporting, but mostly watching you and Mitt and have felt your goodness and “light.” They’ve used words like, “…such good and wonderful people!” when describing you and your dear husband. They’ve sent me messages, telling me how they’ve been impressed with your values and more respectful and interested in the LDS church. Thank you, very, very much, for making missionary work that much easier for someone like me. How I appreciate your stellar example of a dedicated woman of faith who loves God and family and country!

Blessings, unmeasured, to you and all the Romneys!

–Joanne Vorkink

124. Katie says:

Dear Mrs. Romney, I left a lengthy message on Mr. Romney’s facebook page. But wanted to thank you for all of your efforts, your warmth, and your heart that you shared with us all. You lifted our spirits and it was a joy getting to know you and your family. Your lovely family is a true testament to you and your efforts in raising them! A wife and mother is truly what holds a family together and builds a strong foundation. You have been a shining example of what a woman should be and you would have been a shining example of a true “lady” in the white house with your grace and refined warmth. It is our loss. Thank you for all that you endured during this season in your life. Your efforts and those of your family were deeply appreciated and you truly touched our hearts and lives. We extremely grateful for your efforts. May God bless you and your wonderful family and may he keep all of you in good health to enjoy a wonderful future together.
    Katie in NC

125. Mariano And Daisy Estenoz says:

Dear Ann: We wish you the best and health. Don’t worry you and your family left 60 millions of people that adore you. I think you do not deserve what this government did to you. They have no moral at all and we the people have to carry them for four more years. Please take a long vacation with your lovely husband. God bless you
    We love you Mariano and Daisy Estenoz

Thank you dear Ann for sharing your amazing husband and beautiful family with us. We got to know you very well and you are all an amazing, authentic, and dearly beloved family. Please know you didn’t fail us, the American people failed you and didn’t grasp the vision of how wonderful America could be under Gov. Romney. You are an inspiration to all of us with your courage, wisdom, and humility. We will never forget your sacrifice you all made for us and we are indebted to you for showing us what real honest, moral, and decent people still exist in this world. Gov. Romney is being saved for a time when he will be called upon to bless the lives of many as he has done for 57 million that have felt his spirit. We have all changed for the better. God only knows why this was not meant to be, but I know it was his will and that’s what really matters in the bigger scheme of things.
    May you and your family be richly blessed and please know the heartache we all had and still do. We were with you all 1000%.
    This land is going to go through some very tough times, that didn’t need to be, but the good people will go through them knowing where to turn for hope and strength. The others will wished they knew.
    Keep smiling and tell Gov. Romney we are so proud of him and to not wonder why, but to trust in God to lead him on with faith in the future. God has not left Americans, some Americans have left God.
    All my love, Cathy

127. Nancy says:

Mrs. Romney, I would so proud to call you our First Lady. I deeply regret the outcome of the election. You and your family have so much to offer our country. Your husband loves this country and would have made a great president. Our country will suffer over the next four years. I pray only the best for you, Mitt and all your beautiful family. May God bless!

128. Brenda says:

Classy woman. Classy family. Thank you for your hard work and dedication. You gave us your heart.

129. Jeanette Bush says:

I am really sad! I cry everyday! I was so so hopeful and now it doesn’t look good for the United States Of America. It is and has been very clear that ONLY you (Romney) and Ryan could of put America back of tack to a recovery!!! It is in the All Mighty Lord!! He is and always has been the one that is in CONTROL!! The LORD is on the THRONE!!!! No one else!!! It time for things to change. The LORD always comes in at the RIGHT TIME!!!!! He can move mountains!!!!
    I pray everyday of why this happened. What I don’t like and has been for years,that the absent tee ballots don’t get counted. This is SO WRONG!!!! There are a lot of Americans that ONLY can vote way. Because that have all are handicapped or unable to get to a close voting poll. Or the military in the war. I wish we could change this. They tried to tell the public that they changed this. But that was a lye to all the people that do. Too many people falling for lye’s instead of checking it out for them self’s. What should be done is have a service for people that want to go to the vote at the polls and have someone take them. This way more & more votes counts. I also think that the OLD WAY of voting needs to come back!!! The old paper ballot. This way their wouldn’t be any fraud voting and they would be caught!!!

God Bless America & God Bless you and Ann as well as Ryan!!!!!

I will not stop PRAYING NEVER EVER!!!!!

I LOVE AMERICA!!!!!

130. Gladys Moore says:

Dear Ann: I do hope that we do see you and MItt in the White House in the future. It has been a rollercoaster of a ride this campaign and election. I do want to express my gratitude at the exemplary manner in which you and Mitt have lived your lives and shared it with us. You will always be the First Lady to me and Mitt my President. God bless you and your family.
    Gladys

131. Jeanette Bush says:

Ann is such a LOVING SOUL!!! She would of made a GREAT First Lady in every since of the WORD!!!! YOU (ROMNEY) I know would make a GREAT PRESIDENT!!!!!!

God Bless all of you!!!! You have a beautiful family,grand kids. I hope in 2016 you come and SAVE AMERICA!!!!!!!!!

132. Jeanette Bush says:

You both will be just like REAGAN!!!! Thank you for all your HARD WORD!!!!!! EVERYONE THAT VOTED FOR YOU knew you ALL put your HEART AND SOUL into it!!!!!

God Bless America!!!!!

133. Linda Wright says:

Ann,
    You will always be my First Lady! Your warmth, and compassion, and love of country, and its people were truly remarkable. It was a pleasure for us to get to know you and your wonderful family. I had such high hopes for our country. It will take awhile for me to get over this election, as I am sure it will you. I feel as though I have lost a family member. You have given so much of yourself, with love, grace, and style. God bless you and your wonderful family, and please send our regards to Governor Romney. From our family to yours this holiday season, we wish you Peace, Love and Joy. All the best. Linda

134. Evelyn Long says:

Dear Mitt and Ann,
    You are both a genuine “first couple.” It’s the country’s
    loss that we will not have Mitt’s terrific business acumen
    and expertise. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

135. BJ Brozius says:

Ann: We have truly lost in this country to not have you as our first lady, and your husband as our president. We miss you so very much. It is my hope that you will be happy and healthy in the years ahead. Thank you for supporting your husband in his run for the presidency, and thank you for your gift of your family. You are missed.

136. Linda Taylor says:

I write this with a broken heart. Ann you and Mitt are two of the most beautiful people I have ever witnessed in the political arena. God bless you and your wonderful family and I wish I could have done more to help because I know you are what America needs to get us out of the mess we are in today.

137. Lynnette says:

I’m trying not to break down right now in front of everyone. It’s really hard to get through each day; at night I replay videos of Mitt or Ann or Paul Ryan speaking. I wanted so badly for Mitt to be my President. I was at the Victory office every day after work, making phone calls for about three hours, pulling often 9 hour shifts on Saturdays and Sundays. I’ve even worked 12 hours straight, operating four phones at a time. I usually made average of 4,000 calls a week, once did over 2,500 in one day. When I wasn’t at the campaign office, I was on the internet, pinning everything I could find about Mitt. Anyone who met me knew soon enough who I supported. Before they even asked the question, I’d shout, MITT!! I wanted him ever since I first met him in 2007. If I had to go through this all over again, knowing the outcome, it wouldn’t change my decision in the slightest. Even if I knew he would never win, I’d fully support Mitt Romney and I would work just as hard. And I still believe in Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. I don’t care what happens, I will always consider them MY PRESIDENT and VICE PRESIDENT.

138. Laura Ispas says:

We would have been truly blessed to have you as a First Lady! You have touched many of us. You are such a beautiful, smart, kind and very classy lady! A role model to many of us. I can’t tell you how disappointed I am that you and Mitt did not have the chance to help save our nation! I pray that that both of you will continue to feel the love we had for you and our warm wishes and thoughts will continue to surround you!

139. Jody Allen says:

Your contributions during this election season, as a women, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister and a child of God will live on, well beyond this time and place. Women everywhere regardless of status, position, ethnic background, could not help but notice that you are a bright shining light, a beacon of hope, an ever calm and loving presence and a person who has great passion for life and America. Ann…thank you for being an inspired an authentic voice for women who hope for better days ahead for themselves and their country. You example, has humbled many of us, and brought us to realize that we all do have a higher purpose to aspire to.

140. Rose Clark says:

Oh, Ann, you are such a beautiful person inside and outside. I was looking so forward to you and Mitt being in the white house. You are such a lady, so graceful, so intelligent, charming, loving, and thoughtful. You 2 have raised such a beautiful family. I can’t put into words the disapointment I’m feeling. God Bless you Both.

141. Ricky Gallimore says:

I am really devastated that Mitt didn’t win the election. He would be a great president and you would be a great First Lady. The people of the country would have confidence and be spending money and the stock market would be going up instead of down if you and Mitt were heading to the white house. I am really worried about where the country is headed now mainly because my five grandchildren will be included in the people that have to pay for all the mistakes being made in running the country now.

142. Diana says:

Ann, You are and always will be America’s First Lady in every way. God Bless and keep you and your family from harm. Also know we love you and always will.

143. Donna Schumers says:

I am a Canadian and so of course I cannot vote in the USA, but if I could you would have my vote. I amso grieved for the American people that they have been robbed of the best possible choice of the very best man to lead your country. Your entire family is the way we should all be living our lives and you will not soon be forgotten in this world where evil is growing every hour. The righteous example you have set showing love for your country and for the Lord will still shine forth and many will feel your influence. May God be with you and yours and Ann may you be blessed with good health and a great life with your beloved family. My love to all of you, how I wish I could meet you all in person, you feel like family.

144. Judy Beatty says:

I wanted so much for Ann,and Mitt Romney to be President,and First Lady of this country.However God is still in charge.His plans are not always our plans.It may well be the Constitution hanging by a thread,before the people realize that we needed Mitt Romney.That is when we will elect him,or another like him. Pray always that we do what is God’s will,and leave the rest to him. Thank you Mitt and Ann Romney for all of your hard work.

145. Joyce Werntz says:

There really are no words to express the shock and sadness that my husband and I felt this week after the election. We felt that we had gotten to know you as the campaign unfolded. We loved what we saw in you and Mitt – your warmth, your integrity, your love of God, family and country. We have come to love you and the tears still flow when I see pictures of you both. “God bless you and keep you and give you peace.”

146. Barbara says:

Dear Ann,
    You were our first lady. I just felt for sure the two of you would be in our White House. I was overjoyed to say the least. I have been following both of you since 2005. A friend of mine worked for Gov. Romney. He told me to pay attention to you both as he felt sure the Gov would be our next President. The time finally arrived. So hence the reason for my joy. Dear Ann, never in my life of 72 years have I seen a lady more suited to the job of first lady then you. God put the two of you front and center. WE all have fallen in love with both of you. This will not be easy to get over in any hurry. I will miss you and Gov Romney. Gods Blessings for both of you. America surly lost Nov 6th. Not you, Not the Gov. America lost the best President and first lady we would ever have. PS. Your speech at the convention was excellent. So are you. With much Love, Barbara Grob,

147. Desiree Griffith says:

Dear Ann,

Only God knows why you will not be our First Lady. You would of been the best!
    God Bless you and your wonderful family. Thank you for being an inspiration, for being an example of an ideal wife, mother, and grandmother. Please do not leave us! The US needs you! Lots of love, Desiree

148. Jennie says:

Our hearts are broken!! Praying for all of you!! May God bless you and your family!

149. Linda D says:

It was a total shock to us Americans that we have to live with another four years with someone who has no clue how to run a country, only destroy it! You are a very beautiful lady in heart and soul and Mitt is the BEST!! Alot of praying was going on for you and Mitt!! Prayers are still with both of you. I have been on unemployment now for eight months and it’s running out, (down to $132/wk) when I heard Obama won, I CRIED knowing my life was only going to get worse! Now having to move in with my older son is embarrassing to do because I can no longer keep the place I live and will now lose my vehicle that I no longer can pay for. I’m 60 years old who has always worked since 16 yrs. old. I think of how things would of been soooo much better if you two got in that White House…people’s lives would prosper!! Now there are only prayers left. It’s still a shock and it is going to take a long time to get over that…Mitt would of made a GREAT PRESIDENT and your beauty would of made you the most beautiful FIRST LADY!! You both carry hearts that are warm for others, it showed!! God Bless you both!!!

150. Alice says:

Dear Ann, I THANK YOU and Mitt for showing me your grace as you where unjustly challanged every step of they way. My heart is full for having supported such God loving people. Thank you again………. I will deeply miss you and your family.

151. Anne H says:

From one Anne to another Ann – you are an amazing woman with an amazing family. I know many others have expressed the same thoughts and feelings I have – that you are dearly loved and admired by all of us who have watched you and Mitt and have worked on his campaign. All of us wanted you and Mitt in the White House more than anything, but we trust that all things will work for our good, and for your good. I thank you for your tireless work as a campaigner, but mostly as a wife and mother. Thank you and Mitt for your examples of goodness and of a strong marriage. You are amazing!! You, Mitt and your family are all in my prayers. I wish you love, happiness and peace.

152. Amy Helms says:

Ann and Mitt,

From the depths of my soul, I thank you for what you did for us, and all you gave. No title or office was needed–you have been our hope, and nobody would have or could have worked harder or been more dedicated than you two. We had SOOO much out of our control, a corrupt media first and foremost. Just as the soldiers who give so much, risk there everything, take on the world, and leave their all on the battlefield–every hard fought battle doesn’t always end the way it was supposed to end. Thank you for your service, your sacrifice, your example. We needed you so badly—grieving for America—but thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

153. Belle Coats says:

Ann, you and Mitt I was so sure you would be our President and first lady. You were the perfect person to bring our country back to us. The night when Mitt spoke about the love for you ,it was the time I knew he would make a great President. It showed in his face and words he cared about people. and the love for his country. I’m so sorry you and Mitt didn’t win. I hope your family will always be blessed and God is not finished with Mitt helping our country. God promise he will take care of us and I believe that.

154. Pat says:

Both my husband and I were so very disappointed that you and Mitt will not be going to the White House. We were impressed with you both! You would have been a great First Lady. We also were impressed with Paul Ryan as a running mate. The United States has lost a chance to have great honest people with experience leading our country. Best Wishes for the future to both of you.

155. Barbara Foley says:

Just one more lady who was praying you would be our First Lady– and what a wonderful one you would have made!
    Blessings to you and Mitt,
    Barbara Foley

156. Claudia G. says:

You are an awsome lady. I’m sorry we didn’t win. It would have been so good for our country.

157. Yuko Takei says:

Thanks for being a model of love, loyalty and goodness, Sister Romney. You may not have become the First Lady of the Land, but you will always be a model for all of us, your dear sisters in the Kingdom of God! Keep up the good works! — from all your good sisters in Christ in Japan!

158. Harvard says:

Awesome People!

159. hunibuni2 says:

Dear Ann, We are so saddened that you will not be our First Lady—there feels like there is a hole in my heart, and I cannot stop the tears. You are a lovely, kind , gracious LADY and our America will miss you as our FIRST LADY. I first saw Mitt’s picture on the cover of Time Magazine when he was Governor of MA and I knew then that there was a true statesman and should be President some day. I worked for him in the 2008 Campaign and stayed involved with the PAC until he announced again. For me and many others, there is NO OTHER MAN quite like him and he is the only man to lead AMERICA our of this horrible economy and gain jobs for our Country. Needless to say, our Country will NEVER be the same. Ann and Mitt Romney are the epitome of graciousness and class that we should have had for our WH. God Bless you and Mitt and your wonderful family——YOU ARE THE BEST!!!! Mitt, you will be sorely missed, and we love you. BRE

160. Quinn Hugentobler says:

Dear Ann,
    Thank you for being sooooo awesome! You are such a great role model for many and because of you mitt is who he is. I hope that someday I may find a women who too helps me strive to reach my full potential in all aspects of life. Have a fantastic day!

Your Friend,
    Quinn

161. judymcpherson says:

Ann, You are loved. God moves in mysterious ways.

162. Jeannie Kennedy says:

Dear Mrs. Romey, I knowyou would have been a wonderful First Lady for our cutry. Thank you for all your hard work and the sacrafices that I know you probably made for our country. I will pray for your continued good health and for your five wnderful sons and their families. And, of course,your husband. I think Mitt is exactly what we needed and still need.

163. bertun L. stokes says:

a great lady and would have been a great and wonderful frist lady!! this a sad day for america and an even sadder day for america the next 4 yrs!!! God bless you and Mitt in the days to come!

164. Robyn Pearson says:

I appreciate so much the time and energy you gave for Mitt to run for president. I am so sad to not get to have him for our president. I know he would be a great one! He ran a great campaign and you both did a wonderful job.

165. Susan says:

Ann,
    Mitt was so right! You would have made the very best first lady.
    You will always be my inspiration. Love you Ann!
    Thank you for making me so proud. I miss seeing you and Mitt campaigning together. This has been a hard week! It’s going to take a while to get over this one…maybe four years!
    Love,
    Susan Rindfleisch
    San Diego, CA

166. Cindy Klesch says:

Dear Mrs. Romney~
    Just wanted to let you know I place you & Mr. Romney in my very elite group of public people:
    Roy Rogers & Dale Evans
    Ronald & Nancy Reagan
    Mitt & Ann Romney
    All people who love America. You are very special, and we would be so happy – - – and relieved – - – to have you two in the White House. Thank you both for the tremendous effort you put into America. You are classy people! Prayers continue.

167. Sarah says:

Dear Mrs. Romney – Thank you for being a willing example of a righteous wife and mother; for putting yourself in the public view to speak to your countrymen/women about the values and principles you and Mitt hold most dear, the same values and principles so many of us do. I pray for your health and strength, for your family, and that you will all be blessed beyond measure for the great work you have done and the sacrifices you have made. Blessings, Sarah

168. Dorette Nysewander says:

You are simply amazing, with the love, compassion and committment provided to your family, community and country. Thank you just simply is not enough to express the gratitude. You have given women all over the world to follow a role model to immulate. Take care of your health and again thank you.

169. Stuart Allen says:

As our Country dies a slow death, I can only look back and dream about how Mitt & Ann Romney could have saved our Nation. I can’t compare Ann Romney to Moo-shel Obummer……one is CLASS, the other can’t spell class. Obummer needs to GO!

170. Jan Cardon says:

Still grieving over the missed chance to have you and Mitt as role models for this country. The only solace is that it is in gods hands and there is something even more meaningful coming in your lives. Thank you thank you for giving us all hope!!!

171. Robin Rockne says:

Ann,
    You brought class, strength, and honor to the election, a shining example of a dedicated wife and mother. May God bless you and Mitt, as I know He has greater things in store for the both of you.

172. Vicki Burger says:

Thank you Ann, you are truely a great example of a daughter of god, what a wonderful example you have set for all us women of this nation. I so wanted to see the great things you would do as first lady. I know you will continue to be a great leader no matter where life leads you. I just wanted to beable to see some of it. I pray the Lord will bless you and your family.

173. Geraldine Walters says:

Ann AND Mitt, we hope you know millions of Americans think you are tremendous. So sorry that mor Americans did not see what you could do for our country. Now I really PRAY for America. Best of everything coming up in your lives. Love you!

174. Dondi Pantano says:

Many hearts were broken when Mitt and you did not win the election. I so looked forward to seeing you as first lady. How refreshing it would have been to have a first lady who loved America and believed in America. God Bless you, Mitt and your entire family. I pray Mitt will be able to in some way contribute to keeping America free and strong in the next 4 years.

175. Dondi Pantano says:

I want to add to my comment; I do not consider the person who viciously won the election my president. Did not the past 4 years and will not for the next 4 years. America has a dictator, not a president.

176. Donald and JoeAnn Ryan says:

Dear Ann,

There were many wonderful things about watching you and Mitt together. You love for one another was obvious.

Having been married for 56 years to the love of my life, I know how blessed this is.

Thank you so much for being such a wonderful part of Mitts campaign.

Don and I and our 4 sons and their families voted for Mitt and Paul and knew that together they would be the ones to put our country of the right track.

God’s ways are not always our ways. We do not always understand what happens in life. But, we know that God is in control and that He will have a place for you and Mitt and Paul and his wife in helping this country.

We were all devestated at the loss but our faith will hold us close and I know there are many blessings ahead for you and your family.

With much respect, Don and JoeAnn Ryan

177. Theresa Yazzo Holloway says:

Dear Ann,
    Ann, You are so Delightful, Charming & Classy,

First.. The Adoring Love you both show to each other was beautiful & hard to find.. just by the way you look at each other when each one of you talk.. & Thanks for Bringing prayer back to our lives..
    I Wish to Thank You & MItt. & Family For Running A Great Campain.. I Can’t tell you The Wonerful Feeling We had In My Family Seeing You & you Fine Family Do Such a Great Job against The Impossible Cheating going on…
    Ann You should be so proud of the family You & Mitt Raised.. You Would have made The Finest First Lady ever in My Lifetime.. & Mitt Would have Got America!!! Back Where it belongs… He Would have been a great PRESIDENT.. Please what ever you both do Stay with us somehow…. YOU BOTH CAN MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN OUR LIVES, We Need Your Leadership somehow.. we believe in you.. Please Stay In the Public Eye… as much as you can… Thank You Both for Giving it All you could …Stay Safe & Healthy.. We Love You, For Trying To Keep America The Way It Was…God Bless You All…
    AMERICA LOST A FINE FAMILY FOR PRESIDENT.

178. Theresa Yazzo Holloway says:

Added To My Comment .. No One Ever Had to Run Against The President & All The NEWS STATIONS That just promote the President & The LIES in order to get Him reElected.. Some one should fined a way to stop whats going on with all these programs that don’t tell the TRUTH>>> WE ARE GOING TO SEE NEW GENERATIONS OF
    LYING CHILDREN & VERY DANGEROUS CHILDREN BELIEVING IN COVER UPS & WHAT EVER ELSE THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH THANKS TO WHAT HAS BEEN DONE IN THE PAST 4 YEARS & NOW IN THE NEXT 4 YEARS….. A SHAME OF WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO OUR COUNTRY>>>>

179. Diane White says:

Dear Ann, I am sorry you and Mitt will not be in the White House. I think Mitt would have made a great President. You would have made a great First Lady. I know you and Mitt love this country and I was praying he would win but God had his own plan so we must trust him. You have a great family. I will continue to pray for you and yours..