Nov 7, 2012: The morning after the election Mitt Romney relaxed with his family in Boston and shared a favorite treat – chocolate milk. While tweeting this photo, Mitt’s Body Man DG Jackson wrote, “Gov hanging out with family this morning. What an incredible family. So blessed to be so close to them.”

A rear view mirror look at the presidential election…

A headline yesterday announced the Romney campaign was shellshocked. Well, duh. Who wouldn’t be? I was. We all were.

With our nation in dire straits, we believed, hoped, and prayed our fellow Americans would see Obama’s vicious smears, lies, class warfare, and unrelenting personal attacks on Governor Romney for what it was. Gutter distraction. Unable to run on his record, knowing the real obstacle to his reelection was the economy, Obama and team decided early on to “kill” Romney with the aforesaid Chicago thuggery tactics. And a complicit mainstream media aided and abetted them.

• In the aftermath of loss, asking what happened is normal and necessary. Mitt Romney and team will pragmatically analyze the results for days to come, but as political buzzards pick and claw over post-election analysis, I like what Ann Coulter has to say:

DON’T BLAME ROMNEY

November 7, 2012

We spent billions of dollars and billions of words on an election to switch from President Obama, a Democratic Senate and a Republican House to President Obama, a Democratic Senate and a Republican House.

Every election predictor was wrong, except one: Incumbents usually win.

Republicans have taken out a sitting president only once in the last century, and that was in 1980 when Ronald Reagan beat Jimmy Carter. Sadly, Reagan’s record remains secure.

After supporting Mitt Romney in 2008, some of you may recall, I ran off with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie midway through Obama’s first term for precisely that reason: The near-impossibility of beating an incumbent president. Christie seemed like the kind of once-in-a-lifetime star who could pull a Reagan upset against an incumbent president.

But I was wrong. Romney was the perfect candidate, and he was the president this country needed right now. It’s less disheartening that a president who wrecked American health care, quadrupled gas prices, added $6 trillion to the national debt and gave us an 8 percent unemployment rate can squeak out re-election than that America will never have Romney as our president.

Indeed, Romney is one of the best presidential candidates the Republicans have ever fielded. Blaming the candidate may be fun, but it’s delusional and won’t help us avoid making the same mistakes in the future.

Ms. Coulter really stuck her neck out for Romney and took some hits for it. She never faltered.

Thanks, Ann!

• On the day after the election, Democrat strategist/commentator Mara Liasson said something on FOX News I’ll never forget. She said Mitt Romney ran the classiest, strongest, well-run campaign of any in modern history. I agree. He also ran on big issues.

• So, what are our prospects now? Fred Barnes (The Weekly Standard) sums up:

So we’re left with four more years of Obama, the man with no plan and no mandate. It’s not beyond the realm of possibility that he could have a successful second term with a booming economy and a de-polarized Washington. It’s just highly unlikely.

He still doesn’t understand what spurs private investment, robust economic growth, and job creation. He thinks raising taxes on the wealthy won’t alter their economic decisions. He’s under the impression that building roads and bridges is the key to a growing economy – that, plus making sure that no government worker at the federal, state, or local level gets laid off.

The president said recently he’s “confident” he can work out a “grand bargain” with Republicans on fixing the deficit and alleviating the debt crisis. This won’t be easy for him after winning reelection by taking the low-road: by demonizing his opponent as a moral midget and all but accusing Republicans of being unpatriotic. He opened wounds that won’t quickly heal. His victory speech didn’t help. It was pure boilerplate.

• The Washington Times’ Charles Hurt also weighs in with ‘Obama victory means four more years with no hope of change’:

WASHINGTON — All that for nothing. It was the billion-dollar election that did not decide one single damned thing.

Republicans control the House. Democrats control the Senate. And the White House remains in Democratic hands with absolutely no mandate whatsoever.

Another four years with no hope of change.

In this environment with this economy and all the gravely important matters pressing against the very existence of this country, it should have been a tsunami election. It should have been a landslide that sent President Obama into dust heap of failed presidencies. Instead, the election was about Big Bird.

It was the rape election. The contraception election. The binders full of women election.

It was about who was born where and whether she really could claim to be a Cherokee Indian.

It was about former president George W. Bush. And it was about gay marriage.

It was about the 1 percent and the 99 percent and the 47 percent.

It was about dancing freaking horses, for crying out loud!

Just about the only thing the election wasn’t about was the economy, which everyone agrees was the only thing voters actually cared about. People tend to really care about the economy when real unemployment reaches double digits, welfare rolls fatten by one-third, politicians rack up $16 trillion in debt and the largest tax hike in the history of the world looms just weeks away.

Yet that obviously is not what decided this election. Politicians were too busy talking all about Big Bird, rape and dancing horses.

The most disturbing issue of the election was how President Obama managed to win re-election in places like Ohio and Pennsylvania and Michigan by talking about the highly unpopular bailout of General Motors. By taking billions of dollars in hard-earned money from taxpayers during a deep recession and giving it to a couple of huge companies, Obama managed to buy the votes he needed to eke out re-election. Taxpayers remain on the hook to the tune of $25 billion.

Read more here.

• Obama won with a malodorous mixture of foolish talking points, preaching dependency politics, employing lowest-of-the-low, precedent setting sleazy tactics, and a measure of fraud (need voter I.D.!). Plus, what is up with the military vote? Why does this happen? And, Obama’s mulligan is noteworthy in the fact that no other president in United States history has won with a smaller margin than he had in his first term. Obama went from an 8 point margin in 2008 down to a 1 point margin.

Dennis Miller has the last word on this article:

UPDATE Nov 14, 2012:

‘THE BIG LIST OF VOTE FRAUD REPORTS’

‘HERE’S HOW TOUCHSCREENS KILLED ROMNEY VOTES’

Follow Jayde Wyatt on Twitter @YayforSummer

• Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Presidential Race in Rear View Mirror: Romney Ran Classy, Tough, Big Issues Campaign

1. Ariane says:

Mitt, while I wouldn’t wish the stress on you for anything, please consider 2016. Just because you didn’t win, doesn’t mean we don’t still need you. You’re the only one that gets this mess. I think it just wasn’t time yet this time. The lords timing is different than ours ssometimes. Please consider it. We still need you. And I four more years I guarantee there won’t be anyone left that thinks that this Obamanation was a good idea. Hold your head high and be proud. You made me proud. I worked tirelessly for you and I am still proud to wear my pins, my shirts. My yard signs are still up and my bumper stickers will remain. You’re my president, and if you’re willing, you’ll be everyone else’s in 2016. Think about it.

2. Catherine Gray says:

A big thank you to Mitt Romney and his family for their efforts in trying to save America. I was truly disappointed in the election results and concerned for the future of this country and the burdens that will face my children.

3. tammy says:

It blows my mind how stupid the voters were….but I thank Mitt and his family for their sacrifice and hard work in the clean awesome campaign they ran, I am proud to have cast my vote and support to Mitt and was heart broken to see that Obama corruption won, financially how do we survive? How does the Constitution pull through? Dear God help us, but I fear too many have turned from the Lord and we all pay the price.

4. Frozone says:

I would like to know what nasty opposition research team Romney had, but Romney wouldn’t let them use. I’m sure he had some salicious dirt, but he didn’t want to wallow in the gutter like Obama.

The left didn’t like Romney’s attacks, but they were all on policy and substance.

I’m very proud of the campaign he ran. Unfortunately, the lesson learned may be you got to play in the mud. Sad how Obama has denigraded the office. Seems like a habit with Dems.

5. Ray and Mary Valgardson says:

Dear Mitt & Ann,
      Words cannot begin to express the gratitude we feel in our hearts for all your hard work and effort! You represented us well with constant grace and dignity, you made us proud every step of the way!
      We express our thanks to your fine sons and their families and to Paul and Janna and their sweet family.
      You surrounded yourselves with the best this country has to offer.
      Thanks to all for the many selfless sacrifices so beautifully, and honorable displayed in behalf of our citizens and our beautiful America!
      We salute you!!
      With hope for your future,
      Ray and Mary Valgardson

6. karen Hummel says:

Thanks with all my heart. Don’t try to help the community organizer @ this time. This was a battle between good and evil, he would use anything at this time in some twisted way. Stay strong and there is more to do. Keep the sling shot handy as David against Goliath. You know who and what you are dealing with. God be with you.

7. Agnes Manning says:

Glad to see that I’m not the only one who uses “O”. Was amused to see one who used “BO”, perfect image. He has caused me to finally lose respect for the office of Pres. I can’t stand to see him, hear him, or utter his name, and will never address him as president. He acts more like a “god” with his many invisible “idols” all around him, who seeks to be worshipped, rather than respected. I feel a President Romney would have brought dignity and professionalism back to the office. Often hear people say, “We don’t discuss religion or politics.” What a shame! God and politicians govern our lives. God’s laws supercede man’s law’s, and until we get involved in both religion and politics, we will continue to fall in decadence.

8. Agnes Manning says:

I strongly feel that we need election reform, NOW!! Elections should not be based on who can raise the most money, which is wasted on advertisements with false statements, slander and misinformation, both on TV, Radio, News, mail flyers, and phone calls. Everyone I know tunes them all out, mutes the TV, turns down the radio, shreds the flyers, and doesn’t answer the phone, then deletes the messages. I know of no one’s vote which was decided by any of these methods. Couldn’t we have Public Service Announcements allowed, instead, where every candidate is alloted a certain amount of time to state their case, based on factual information only, and no attacks allowed on other candidates. I learned much more about candidates during debates, despite the media bias. Moderaters should be selected from eligible voters, and those who stand to lose money from ads could be put to work researching and exposing fraud in voting. Candidates need to be held accountable for what they say and do. Also time to rethink electoral college, set up at a time when communications and travel were limited. Let an honest popular vote determine winners. I grew to like Romney much better after selection of Ryan, and then after the debates, which exposed “O” and “B” for what they really are: juveniles!! Fox News, which needs some changes, was the only source of what is and was really going on. Thanks and hats off to the outstanding team of Mr. Mitt Romney and Mr. Paul Ryan, who conducted themselves with professional dignity and integrity.

9. Barbara says:

It is with a deep sadness that we will not be able to call our President Mitt Romney. Obama is not my president. He has not been for the past four years nor will he be for the four year to come. It is past all reason as to how this man has made his way into our White House. Yes we should split the country. I surly cannot understand the voters who voted for a man that has caused so much sorrow and blames everyone under the sun for his lack of leadership. He is an un Godly man. He is all about himself. He ran a terrible low hitting fight to be re elected. Mitt Romney did us all a great favor by offering his life and time to work for us. Instead we get what we have already. The people who voted for him deserve him. To bad the rest of us have to endure till he’s out of office. Will not come soon enough for me. Thank you Gov Romney and family for all you did. America has lost the best chance they ever had. Your Service. Sincerely, Barbara Grob

10. Latinorepublican says:

Are we in Venezuela or the USA?
      Both feel the same. Big government giving out checks to those who drive to vote….this is a sad moment in the history of ‘our’ America.

11. Ann says:

I agree with Agnes who wants election reforms…I do too! Considering the tremendous cost, time, effort, and attention of the nation, I can’t believe EVERY eligible voter didn’t VOTE! What a privilege lost! I have heard of troubles with the touch-screen voting in Clark County (Las Vegas) in ’08 where they defaulted to Harry Reid, in addition to recent voting fraud.. In Arizona, we use pens, and merely complete the line across from our chosen candidate. The paper ballot is then put through a regular scantron; foolproof! I think it is stupid NOT to require a photo ID for all voting and trained observers from both parties always need to be present, especially at counting time. Bus loads of voters under the direction of a leader should be ILLEGAL! I now understand that Obama’s “community organizer” background helped him win the elections by “killing” Mitt Romney with word pictures and TV ads full of lies and distortions. BUT HE DOES NOT HAVE THE BACKGROUND, SKILL OR ABILITY TO ACTUALLY PERFORM THE JOB AS OUR PRESIDENT. Too bad some folks fell for the lies! Others figured out it was easier to vote for a government check than to earn one! Mitt’s message of “Jobs, jobs, jobs” fell on deaf ears for those whose primary interest was keeping their couch company. Single women wanted assurance that Mitt wouldn’t change Roe v Wade, while “Sandy” helped give Obama great “Photo Ops” the media went bonkers over. I loved Mitt’s remarks at the white tie dinner: “My job is to present a positive plan for our nation, the media’s job is to keep it secret!!!” Thanks a million, Mitt, Ann, the Ryans and all their helpers for a super fantastic, ambitious job of campaigning! May God continue to bless you and America! We surely will need it!

12. Sean Oliver NC says:

Jayde….
      100% spot on. I’m devestated. Crushed. Sad. Depressed.
      A missed opportunity. Thank you MRC for bringing civility to the nasty chat world.
      You should be proud of your efforts to bring Mitt to office.

13. Maggie says:

I’ve been having chest pain, literally, for the past two days. Every time I think that “the one who should not be named” one I feel cheated, robbed. We will never know by what means he managed to stay in power, I have no doubt that “they” did some shady calculated moves to make sure “the one who should not be named” stayed in control of the country just to purely satisfy his ego and ulterior motives. He is not my president, I have no respect for him. The sound of his voice, his narcissistic personality, his condescending attitude everything about him makes my skin crawl.
      I am so sorry but I am not voting again!! It doesn’t make any sense to me that the outcome of the elections is decided on a few states through the so called electoral colleges. I didn’t vote for this individual, and it angers me to think that my children’s future is being screwed up because the stupidity of a few got in the way.
      Mr. Romney, I will be forever grateful for the love you have shown for this country, for your decency, your kindness, and for reminding us of the power of unity. You gave us something good. You reminded us, with humble demeanor, of the love of God for his children. Thank you for fighting the good fight on behalf of my children’s future. Men of your caliber don’t exist anymore, and this country certainly don’t appreciate the valuable man you are.
      May God have mercy on us from this moment on. What comes ahead is not good at all.

14. Joan C. says:

My neighbors who come from Cuba say that we do not realize what we are headed for. They are both sick. Hugo Chavez must be happy. He supported OBama. That alone should have been a red flag to voters. I have never seen the American public so blind to real facts, except in 2008. My friends are all selling their stock. I have never seen so many people so worried about the results of an election. Mitt and family were an inspiration. He did well considering how much mud and lies were thrown at him.
      The Democrats were signing up voters in front of stores and malls in Fla.. I thought at the time, I hope they are legal. We will never know. When George Soros owns stock in our voting machines anything can happen. Funny thing though. he was also selling stock the day after the election. Since he has been responsible for bankrupting several countries, I am suspicious. What does he know that we don’t?
      Thank you Mitt, Ann and Paul Ryan. We respect and admire you for your tremendous efforts. We had hope for awhile.
      Bill Clinton expects Hillary to be elected next time. She is coming home to get to work. I hope that Mitt helps us stop that from happening. Just because Bill threw our country under the bus. He knows how bad Obama is for this country. He just wants to give Hillary a chance next time without having to run against Mitt. What gets me is that the housing market fall out was actually caused by Clinton’s policies, not George Bush. “Everyone should have a home whether they could afford it or not, was Clinton’s big idea.” Having Fannie and Freddie buy the bad mortgages was also the Democrats. George Bush was not responsible. All he did was keep us safe for eight years. The housing market bust belongs to Bill Clinton. Nobody seems to know that.