Election Consequences: Man Forced to Lay Off Employees Due to Obamacare

Elections have consequences…

As a result of Obama’s reelection and Obamacare repercussions, a Las Vegas small businessman, who employs 114 workers, was forced to fire 22 workers yesterday. Asking to be identified by his first name only (for obvious reasons), ‘David’ spoke with KXNT radio host Kevin Wall:

(CBS Las Vegas)…

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that [I] made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.

I explained to them a month ago that if Obama gets in office that the regulations for Obamacare are gonna hurt our business, and I’m gonna have to make provisions to make sure I have enough money to cover the payroll taxes, the additional health care I’m gonna have to do, and I explained that to them and I said you do what you feel like in your heart you need to do, but I’m just letting you know as a warning this is things I have to think of as a business owner.

“Well unfortunately, and most of my employees are Hispanic — I’m not gonna go into what kind of company I have, but I have mostly Hispanic employees — well unfortunately we know what happened and I can’t wait around anymore, I have to be proactive. I had to lay off 22 people today to make sure that my business is gonna thrive and I’m gonna be around for years to come. I have to build up that nest egg now for the taxes and regulations that are coming my way. Elections do have consequences, but so do choices. A choice you make every day has consequences and you know what, I’ve always put my employees first, but unfortunately today I have to put me and my family first, and you watch what’s gonna happen. I’m just one guy with 114 employees — well was 114 employees — watch what happens in the next six months. The Dow alone lost 314 points today. There’s a tsunami coming and if you didn’t think this election had consequences, just wait.”

Click on the image below to hear more of David’s compelling phone call (Click ‘back arrow’ to return to MRC):

• Yesterday, after news of Obama’s reelection, the stock market fell over 300 points. (The debt crisis is starting to affect EU stalwart – Germany.):

Benchmarks took a battering after Barack Obama was re-elected as the country’s president. The blue-chip index lost more than 300 points while the S&P 500 registered its biggest one day drop since June 21. The uncertainty over the presidential election is over now and investors have shifted their focus to the major problems facing the U.S. and Europe’s economy.

Read more here.

• Boeing announced yesterday a 30% labor force cut in its defense division.
  • Another indicator of a persistently weak economy was revealed today: The world’s largest hamburger chain, McDonald’s reported a drop in sales for the first time in nearly a decade for worldwide sales and in America.

Update:

• Companies plan massive layoffs as Obamacare becomes reality
  • Utah company blames Pres. Obama for 102 workers laid off
  • After Obama reelection, Murray Energy CEO reads prayer, announces layoffs
  • Obama back on golf course

UPDATE 2:

• Obama Administration Shuts Down Oil Drilling Out West

UPDATE 3:

• (Sickening!) Foodstamps Surge By Most In One Year To New All Time Record, Report Delayed

UPDATE 4:

• FEDERAL WORKERS WANT PAY RAISE IN OBAMA’S SECOND TERM

Follow Jayde Wyatt on Twitter @YayforSummer

• Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Election Consequences: Man Forced to Lay Off Employees Due to Obamacare

1. sandra fair says:

with him be back is the unthingable

2. MikeInAZ says:

No surprise and it’s going to get worse too.
      I have been trying to figure out how this man could of been elected again and one good answer that I keep coming up with is that a lot of the people that voted for him don’t care about what he’s doing to this country or his disastrous record over the last 4 years. I think their main concern is keeping the freebies coming, that’s all they care about.

3. Cee says:

I hate the election outcome. I’m having a hard time dealing with the impending calamity. I knew in my heart and soul Mitt Romney was the right choice and I voted for him. God Bless us!!!

4. mandi says:

I wanted Romney to win so bad! It was heart breaking tuesday night. Those that are getting free handouts and are not trying to look for a job shouldn’t have been able to vote!

5. rmb says:

Let them rejoice all they want now. They’ll be the ones bitching the most when their lives are turned completely upside down. Then they can thank their leader for it.

6. katie says:

Mandi, I was hearbroken too if it was Romney then everything would be booming right now just knowing he was in, the market etc. it is scary!

7. Frozone says:

I’m guessing that 47% of those that voted for Obama don’t have 401k’s, so they could care less about the rest of us that just lost a chunk of our retirements.

Steal from the rich….

The grasshopper taking from the ant…

Forward to oblivion We’re all going to pay.

8. Abe says:

Am I the only one that has pondered
      about Mosia 29:27?

9. Carrie says:

I am sure a lot of people are going to regret voting for the clown. It started 4 years ago and its going to get MUCH worse. I feel sorry for the small business owner who are forced to lay off/fire because of the out come of this election.

10. gloria says:

It all feels very strange.

…and this is just the beginning…prepare yourselves and families. May God bless us all, will need it.

12. John says:

The Obama voter will celebrate this news and congratulation the beginning of laid-off, it is really effective immediately on the Obama agenda, more unemployment, more welfare, more debt, more bankruptcy, high living cost it is good for them. This great country choose revenge and failure instead love country and success,it had become a night mare for us the one who love America and want prosperity the minority, the second bad new have post again but don’t worry that is the right direction of the majority, the more get laid-off is the best, it is just the beginning, it will be must more to come,because the more the people stay home is good because they don’t need to go to work but they can stay home and get food stamp, get free phone, free pay, when the country become the States of welfare the achieved of Obama change and hope is come true.

13. Odette Isabel Trujillo says:

I’m still very sad and very worry about all these situations that coming with The Traitor’s re-election , It’s the beginning of the Socialism , where people get Lay off from the owners first, because the pression that owners recive from the corrupt goverment in silent, holding and hidden the real true , after the corrupt goverment make a agreement with the owners , after the goverment do not complies with the agreement and after, after, after the goverment has the necessary conditions to make Interventions….i don’t know if you people can understand me but I try it , I lived in a socialist country for more than 37 years and that dictatorial -totalitarian goverment still.

14. Odette Isabel Trujillo says:

We The People Demand an answer about the SCYTL.CO about the votation ‘s fraud and the relation between Spain and people from Cuba that went to Spain sending by Castro ‘s Corrupt goverment , We the people demand an investigation about it .

15. Ann says:

I have known the Romneys from long ago when we lived in Michigan, and George was our wonderful governor! Like father, like son, Mitt was a wonderful governor, and would have been a wonderful president if only more Americans had made the effort to cast their ballots… Heaven knows it wasn’t because he didn’t go tens of thousands extra miles throughout our country!!!! He inspired Americans and lifted up our spirits in pride of our great nation. Now we are at a standstill again, essentially leaderless, with perhaps the worst president we’ve ever had…..one who blinks at the Constitution, and does what he wants. Obama spent his teen years smoking Hawaiian weed and doing coke while Romney spent his teen years studying at a good school, and wants all kids to have that opportunity. What a contrast! I just don’t know how Americans with a brain can’t see the difference! At this point, we all need to remain vigilant to the crap coming down the road, so our kids and grandkids can still have whatever is left of America. May God bless all good people, especially the Romney and Ryan families. I hope this web site continues… I love to read posts from the folks who post here… Makes me feel better to read of others’ feelings and ideas too.

16. IlaMae Stucki says:

It is interesting to read all the different perspectives of what has recently happened in this nation. Yes, I agree the election is a done deal, however, I also believe we need to be realistic. Do we really know this man Obama? Go back and look over his history…what do we really know about it? What about Bengazi and the lives of 4 Brave Americans who lost their life? He and the press ignored it…but it will not go away. What about Bill Ayers and Reverend Wright. When it comes right down to it Obama is a socialist…and he will head this country that way. I trust in God to take care of those who tried to vote for a righteous leader.

17. jean edwards says:

put your efforts into congressional action as romney is now in the past. demand that they take positive action to represent your views and beliefs. we can’t change the election, but we must demand better representation from our congress! for the record. i worked for state government for more than 30 years and an now retired on state retirement and social security which i earned and paid into for all that time. i am vitally intersted in seeing social security continue for generations to come. you can be sure that i will be expressing my views to those who are representing me in congress.

18. kelly Gregory says:

We Disciples of Christ need to stay together. We are going to be facing some very hard times, my friends. I always had such a difficult time understanding in the NT that we would be persecuted for His name’s sake. I encourage ALL of you to read Implosion by Joel Rosenburg, an author who converted from Judaism to Christianity. He has written several books on the Best seller list- his latest is about doing the right thing- preaching the Gospel in and out of season, strengthening out churches. So many of our churches have tried to be “politically correct” for monetary support and growth. We have compromised our faith, gotten away from the Bible and its teachings. Our schools have become circuses with discipline problems, lack of respect for authority, substandard expectations and ofcourse, no prayer in the schools. Obama is not a christian, it is apparent. He has not continued in the ways of the past of supporting the Nation of Israel and if you know anything about your Bible, this cannot be good. He endorses gay marriage- a sanctity created by God in the beginning of time. Please get back to reading your bible, preaching and teaching by example. I have no idea on how the next 4 yrs will be and it frightens me to go there. We must pray for forgiveness and repent. We can do this much. Stick together, my friends.

19. Pingback: Elections have Consequences - Pelican Parts Technical BBS

20. sha says:

This is so stupid…I dont get it. How people so nieve about this president… tax going to be off the roof any household that make more than $11000 per person going to pay at least $6000 in tax by 2016..
      I dont get it…still not even enough to balance the budget…or carry all the govement expencess. People who are self employee and file tax under there SS going to get hit big time…all the people who work hard, did overtime going to understand,its not worth it. This country going backwork….

21. Yul says:

It’s probably psychological but, after the election and the winner evolved, I was unable to sleep for the last two nights, and then I just got really sick and have to call in today. But I am sad that people don’t realize how their choices affect our tomorrow and our present time. I don’t want to be a doomsday prophet, but I’m scared. I hope it doesn’t happen. I’ve seen and heard people who took it to heart their commitment to electing Mitt Romney, and it was such a sad day for everyone who was hoping for change. I am still hoping that this is just a nightmare, that I will wake up one day and see the man leading the country to prosperity.

22. Nola says:

Those that voted for Obama are the ones who should lose their jobs. They want a President that will take care of them, so be it. Let the ones who want to make their own living, keep the jobs they need to provide for their families. Accountability is going to start biting them in the butt

23. Val Bromley says:

I’m new to this forum. It’s 2 days later and I was finally able to sleep through the night (somewhat) and not wake up worrying over what is going to happen to us. Part of me looks forward to the first time one the O voters finally realizes there are consequences and does the “what do you mean its not free” act (hand over mouth surprised look). I wrote this passage on my facebook page the morning after the election. It made me feel better to get the words down: “May God watch over us the next 4 years. It is a sad day in this country as far as I am concerned. We had the chance to put a good man in the White House to help return us to the US we once knew: strong. Instead, last night the country chose to return this man to the White House. His policies are slowly killing this country and putting us in to debt that we will never recover from. His health care policies will put small businesses out of business. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, he is a Socialist taking us down the path to Socialism, and we have seen how well that works in other countries. My heart breaks for our children. This wasn’t about who wins or loses, but about our country’s future.”

24. Kelly says:

I wonder how the Obama voters feel about their “voting is the best revenge” leader—now some of them will lose their jobs because of Obamacare and taxes—-now that’s some sweet revenge—