Final Call For Prayer: Election Day

Many Americans will be headed to some form of worship service in this final weekend before the election. In the United States, the freedom to worship is a fundamental right, enshrined in the First Amendment to our Constitution. Obviously not all of us agree on who should win on Tuesday. But, as we head to church, synagogue, temple or mosque, and as we reflect on the historical importance of what’s happening in our country next week, we here at MittRomneyCentral invite you to make the outcome of the election the subject of prayer and, if it’s part of your religious tradition, fasting.

With Article VI blog and Evangelicals for Mitt, we’ve asked before for your prayerful support of Governor and Mrs. Romney. Those past calls for prayer were made on behalf of Evangelicals, Jews, Mormons, Muslims, Presbyterians and members of many other religions. Today the call for prayer comes from a friend of MittRomneyCentral who is a devout Catholic, Art Grant (who, notably, has a member of his faith on both major tickets).

Our past calls for prayer were on the eve of the convention and the debates. At those times we took pains to make clear we were not praying for a victory, but that Mitt and Ann be favored as they carried incredible burdens. We called for prayers that they be able to communicate effectively and with extraordinary capacity. We called for prayers that the American people would be open to their message and have clear minds to make an informed decision when election day came. We believe those prayers were answered. Ann shone in her convention speech and Mitt’s debate performances were spectacular. Days of obfuscation on the part of Mitt’s opponents followed, but in those moments, Americans saw who Mitt Romney is, and what Mitt and Ann Romney stand for.

Today Art goes beyond what we’ve asked before and asks that we pray that Mitt win. With election day upon us, the time for the American people to decide is now, and we join with him. The authors of this website believe it is appropriate to work toward, and even pray for, causes we feel are worthy. Not all agree. While we will strenuously defend the rights of all people, even those who disagree with us, to do vote their conscience and solicit the help of the deity they choose, we obviously believe it would be best for Mitt to emerge victor on Tuesday, and that the country will be better off under his leadership, and so we claim this privilege for ourselves as well. If you don’t agree, everyone can join us in praying that Americans making up their minds will be influenced by the truth of the arguments made and not be swayed by falsehoods; that voters will be inspired; that voters will feel the weight of their responsibility and seek to understand the issues at stake; and that people will understand both major candidates, what they stand for, and where they would lead this country. And if you agree with us Mitt Romney is the right choice, we invite you to exercise your First Amendment rights and fast and pray for him, that God attend his and our efforts, and that, in the best interest of the country, he be elected as the 45th President of the United States this coming Tuesday.

From Art Grant:

If ever there was a time for prayer it is now. No matter your faith, the future of this great nation is at stake and it is time to take a collective moment, close our eyes, get down on our knees, and pray to God that Governor Romney wins this election on Tuesday. This is a call to every citizen who has even a glimmer of understanding of what this unprecedented, unique idea of a country called America is all about, who understands the founding principles that have guided us to this point in our history. For in our own Pledge of Allegiance we proclaim:

“I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”

A belief in God has been a part of this country since the beginning, and people from all walks of life, all nations, and all faiths have proven through our relatively short history that if you have faith, work hard, and lead an honest life, you will have the opportunity to be a success in America. Governor Romney not only understands this, he has lived it himself! It is this OPPORTUNITY that is the most unique and precious thing about living in this country, and must be preserved. We succeed as a nation because we can succeed as individuals, as families, as communities, cities, and states. And so we pray, as one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all, that Governor Romney can prevail on Tuesday.

About Paul Johnson:

Paul Johnson is an attorney for venture capitalists and their portfolio companies by day, husband and father of three teenage boys by night. He’s an avid supporter of Mitt Romney for president and, as a graduate of Brigham Young University, a BYU football and basketball fan. Paul also enjoys competing in triathlons. Because he’s in the “Clydesdale” (over 200 lb.) class, he has even had podium finishes from time to time. Paul also has the distinction of being a big enough U2 fan to be willing to travel to Dublin to see them in their native environment.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

Tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Final Call For Prayer: Election Day

1. Victor Lundquist says:

Our family accepts this invitation to fast and pray at this critical crossroads in our nation’s life. I have experienced the power of mighty, united prayer many times in my life and in the lives of my family members. I am grateful for this invitation to come together as a people across this great land to join our voices in one to God for America.

Thank you to Paul, Art, and the others that made this invitation possible.

Yes, let’s pray a little harder this time, please. We’ve to stamp our vote firm for truly a public servant leader Gov Romney!

Let Jah bring huge margin, unqestionable VICTORY for Romney/Ryan!!!

One LOve Romeny/Ryan!!!

3. JeanfromNC says:

We will be joining in the fasting and prayer for Mitt Romney! God Bless this Standard Bearer of truth as we face a pivotal point in our nation’s history! God Bless this great Nation and that Mitt Romney will prevail, thus helping us all to prevail!

4. Paul Johnson says:

We’re in. We think it’s the right thing to do. I hope lots of people join us; my take was that the debates and Ann’s convention speech were miraculous. We don’t know what the future brings but this is part of doing all we can and praying God makes up the rest.

5. Kathy Wrobel says:

Many good friends and my husband and I already planned to pray and fast for Mitt to win the moral and political victory that America so desperately needs on Tuesday, November 6th.
    May our loving God truly bless Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan and the United States of America!

An inspiring and beautifully written post Paul. The words of Art Grant are to taken to heart and mind.

May we all humble ourselves and pour out our hearts in prayer, that God will hear our pleas and make it possible that Gov. Romney lead our nation in this time of great peril. I believe Gov. Romney has been saved for just such a time as this. His whole life has prepared him to stand up, speak out, and serve the American people at this decisive time. He is not doing this for fame or fortune, but for a deep love of America and the people in it.

So may we put our pride aside, no matter what political party we align with, and put country first. Please swallow pride, party devotion, bigotry, racism, religious contempt, a mean thing someone said to you online, anything that is clouding your mind. Clear your head of all the “noise” and open your heart and mind to what your freedoms mean to you and your family. I know I would vote for the man that would put our country’s viability ahead of anything else. NO MATTER what party, religion, or skin color.

I will be praying, as I’ve done all along, for Gov. Romney. Prayer is the soul’s sincere desire and I know if we have faith and hope our prayers will be answered. With Gods grace, he will give America one more chance to keep sacred and secure, this holy land that he has entrusted us to cherish and keep free. This may be our last chance and I don’t want to tell my grandchildren that I once lived in a free and good land, but we didn’t fight hard enough to keep it that way.

Please humble yourselves and pray for Gov. Romney to prevail on Tues. because he will be an instrument in Gods hands to keep America free and strong.

7. PT says:

I’ve been praying all along that Mitt would have clear thoughts, sharp wisdom and be able to show Americans what a great and compassionate man he is. I accept your invitation to pray that he wins the election on Tuesday. Thanks for posting this.

8. Sally says:

I don’t believe in praying for victory. But I will pray for God’s will to be done.

Romney/Ryan 2012!

9. Darla Kavanaugh says:

You will make a great President,Mitt Romney,& yes I will pray for you & your family, May GOD BLESS YOU WITH A LANDSLIDE VOTE !!!!!

10. Yul Saba says:

My family and I had been praying since day one. I believe in the power of prayers more so if it’s accompanied with fasting. This is not about Mitt, it’s about this country!

11. Nancy Capparelli says:

I will be praying for Mitt & Pauls victory, and our Great Nation Under God.
    Mitt & Paul may God guide and bless you as you win this election. Your our Next President and Vice President Of The United States.,
    God Bless You Both.,

12. Ruth Lancaster says:

God is in control!

13. Marilyn says:

God bless Mitt Romney and may all our prayers be answered for Mitt Romney’s election to the Presidency of the United States of America…Our continuing prayers today, tomorrow, everyday and every night for a Romney victory…

14. Reed Williams says:

We are in this is a defining moment for our country. We have been praying morning and night for the last month that Mitt,Paul, and Ann would be sustained and inspired in all they did and said.and that the good people of this country would hear their message and be inspired to get out and vote.Sirius is it the last Sunday before the election and we will be fasting and praying that Mitt Romney will bee or next president!

15. Jane Rucker says:

Dear Lord, please surround Mitt Romney with your power of protection and be with him as he goes and please, dear Lord, keep him safe from harm. Please guide him to say and do the right things and most of all, dear Lord, please help him become the next President of this country so he can help us put You back into our lives and our country and the world. Please also be with the people who have been affected by the storm and surround them with Your love and guide the ones that can help them to be able to. We ask these things in the name of Jesus and in Jesus’s name we pray. Amen

16. Norma Orum says:

We will pray for those undecided ,so they can see thru your actions and the Honest person you are and what kind a great president you will be,God bless you Mr.Romney and Mr.Ryan and vote for you and we can have a real president and not a puppet that we have rigth now. my family and I we are praying for you and for those around you.My best wishes for you!!! and I hope One day I have the privilege to give a hug and shake your hand. Love you future President of the United States Of America!! proud to be American..”IN GOD WE TRUST” AMEN!!

17. Linda Donahoo says:

Have been praying and will continue to pray for our country and for Mitt Romney to be elected as President and leader of this wonderful country. I too believe it’s Mitt’s time and that the Lord has been preparing him and has chosen Paul Ryan to partner and work together to lead America and her people back to greatness. A strong America is good for the world! Go Team Romney – Victory in November!!

18. Vic Henry says:

Nebraska has your back Mitt. Our prayers, fasting, encouragement, hope and love go out to you and your family Mitt. We truly appreciate the intense work, sacrifice, and expense you and your family has endured, for God and Country. Let’s go into this together singing for joy.

19. Jessica Croxall says:

Throughout this entire campaign and election I have been fasting and praying for “righteous men” to be elected and lead our country. I believe Mitt Romney to be a righteous man; I will do my part by sharing my understanding of him with others and by voting for him. For believers on either side of the political aisle, asking for righteous leaders should be common ground. And no matter the outcome, we should understand that God has a plan and knows more than we do.

20. Angie Perez-Barnum says:

Let’s forgive one another and be united in love!!!
    Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and of good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them; for the Lord thy God, He, it is, that doth go with thee; He will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”
    Let’s give thanks to the Lord for His mercy and loving kindness endures forever !!! Amen.

21. Annabel says:

I believe in prayers and I believe in Mitt Romney. I have been praying for so long. Let us also pray that God sends angelic reinforcements on election day to arrest any tampering of ballots meant for Romney. But most of all we ask for his victory on elections day as our next President. America needs him in this dark hour.

22. Trisha says:

My husband & I are praying daily for Mr Romney, our future President & Mr Ryan, our future Vice President. We are with you all in prayer. God Bless!

23. michele says:

Praying for a victory for Romney/Ryan. Gov. and Mrs. Romney looked so fresh and energized tonight as they spoke before a huge cheering crowd. Their tenacity and resolve are so impressive under such harsh circumstances. What wonderful qualities for our President and First Lady.

24. jantaylorriley says:

My family and I have been praying for months for Mitt Romney’s resounding victory this coming Tuesday. I cannot recall ever petitioning Divine intervention with such great earnestness for the preservation of the values of our great nation. We rejoice in the opportunity of joining our faith, fasting and prayers with yours and have confidence we will all be celebrating the most important presidential victory of our lifetimes when Mitt Romney becomes the next president of the United States of America!

25. gloria says:

God is in control! He is a Good God! He is so Good that he sometime does’nt intervine in our mistake. My mistake ( I feel ) is not voting for Romney. His will be done!!!

26. Betty Kellum says:

Pray without ceasing. HIS WILL BE DONE.

27. jody says:

I pray unceaasingly for clarity at a time of great confusion. When Americans seem torn over the direction of leadership in America Lord let your light shine the way to better days ahead. There is a time we know not when a place we know not where which marks the destiny of men to glory or despair. There is a line unseen which crosses every path. Lord God Almight make it now at this time and at this place in history where

28. Mary Djordjevich says:

I have been praying for a long time. I will certainly be bumping that up as we draw nearer, I have asked everyone I know to do the same. This will indeed be a miraculous victory if Mitt can win. So much at stake, how did we get here? To me it has been a never ending nightmare. May the Lord remember his compassion even though so many have no regard for him in this election.. So please God hear our pleas we dedicate ourselves to you, Mitt Romney you are a man with compassion and integrity sad that you face such a smear campaign. If people would seeek the Lord’s face he will hear our prayers and heal our land. God bless all of you, May honor and goodness prevail.

29. jody says:

Where clarity and purpose are shown. Help us to elect a leader who understands the great commission.

30. jody says:

I pray unceaasingly for clarity at a time of great confusion. When Americans seem torn over the direction of leadership in America Lord let your light shine the way to better days ahead. There is a time we know not when a place we know not where which marks the destiny of men to glory or despair. Lord God Almighty make it now.

31. Marion Peterson says:

We have been praying for Romney/Ryan for a long time now. Today we are fasting, too. We need them so much for America and for “real change.” May the Lord bless us and answer our prayers with a big win.

32. Glen Goodsell says:

I have prayed for the people of this land for their goodness and virtue to shine forth, to be courageous and put off passiveness. I have fasted and prayed much over my lifetime with this in mind, particularly these last years and specifically months. It is time to pray for Divine intervention which I believe we have seen in these last months. Pray for good people to rise up and eliminate secret works. Today I will fast and pray specifically for a Romney victory and for other good men and women to prevail everywhere.

I am also fasting and praying that we will ALL unite and keep the energy and commitment to continue to work for good and restore our great land to it’s foundations.

33. Christa says:

Praying. Even we non-U.S. citizens know that this election is crucial.

34. Mary Powell says:

My heart is overwhelmed at the number of people fasting and praying for Romeny, I too have been praying for months concerning this election, thank you God for so many praying Christians around the country. God please hear our prayers and let us restore America back to YOU

@Radass, don’t get paranoid. We’re going to FOCUS and pray a little harder. Obama’s records are his own worst enemies. No one demonizing him. His own failed records tripped him. I know you’re always going back blaming and demonizing W Bush, GOP congress, but the country’s priority is fixing the economy, creating jobs so, why didn’t he do it? Sure, we’ve knukleheads in congress, but why didn’t he TRY to work with them? He consumed so much time just passing his radical left agenda. Read Gigi Georges’s Gov Romney endorsment. Even Gigi gets it.We can’t locked up with radical left Prez and far right wing congress. We need Gov Romney leadership to unite the party. Washingotn is BROKEN with a radical left Prez.

Vote Gov Romney=a Uniter!

Obama= a Divider!

36. Debra says:

I have been praying for our country for a long time. On this election eve…….praying, praying, praying. God Bless Our Country!

37. Melanie says:

Although I live in Canada, I am praying for your great Country! People all over the world are praying. May God Bless the USA and in the name of Jesus, I pray that Romeny will be victorious!

38. kim says:

God Bless our Dear Country!! God Bless you Mr. Romney and Family..I Prayed so hard for you…I’m so afraid for my country right now!! I know you were the right man for the job..I’m in shock right now, and very scared!