Recently, Hugh Hewitt dedicated his entire three hour radio program to a monologue (first time in his 12 years of radio) listing 100 reasons to vote for Mitt Romney for president and to reject Barack Obama. These 100 reasons begin here:
1. Mitt Romney believes in a second American century. He believes in American exceptionalism and that the 21st century should be the second American century.
2. Mitt Romney is a very good man with a great heart and a big vision for the country. He has character, which matters most in the office of the President.
3. Romney is a turnaround specialist. He knows how to prioritize tasks. This contrasts with President Obama’s disinterested approach to the failing economy.
4. President Obama is the least generous political person in recent memory at the national level. Never have we had a president who is so ungenerous to his opposition.
5. President Obama is the most partisan president we’ve ever had. We have always passed big laws in this nation with bipartisan support. On Obama’s biggest initiatives, he has had no Republican support.
6. Obama’s attack on Paul Ryan. Paul Ryan put together a comprehensive budget and invited the opposition to sit down and talk. The President proceeded to summon the republicans to the oval office, put Paul Ryan in the front row and taunted him, challenged him, and behaved in an unpresidential way. He is not presidential when it comes to his opponents. He is a street fighter, bitterly partisan.
7. Remember the statement, “I won”; when, after the President’s inauguration, the republicans in the house met with him and offered ideas how to proceed in a bipartisan fashion and he replied to them, “I won.
8. Elections have consequences.” This is how he will behave if he wins again.
9. Obama’s full throated attack on the Catholic Church, personified in the HHS mandates in accordance with Obamacare, that all Roman Catholic Hospitals, charities, and every institution that doesn’t have an altar in it must provide sterilization and the morning after pills, in addition to ordinary contraception in their health care programs. This is anti-Catholic and is shocking, and anti-constitutional.
10. He has not and never will accept responsibility for any of the fiascos associated with his administration, which will be detailed later in this 100 reasons list.
11. Barack Obama blames straw men. He invents arguments that don’t exist when defending his policies. He lines up straw men, fake arguments, and sets fire to them. He does not answer the real and substantive arguments laid against him.
12. He won’t deal with the truth. He gave a massive stimulus to the congress. He is responsible for it and for its failure. He has never accepted responsibility for it.
13. He won’t accept responsibility for Van Jones and all of the other czars he has appointed. They are unaccountable to anyone and unconstitutional attempts to assert his rule.
14. Solyndra. Solyndra sits empty. They were the recipient of 500 million dollars, which were lost on bankruptcy, big conference rooms, special glass and other wastes.
15. The Boeing plant in Charleston. Boeing wanted to open a plant in Charleston and create 1000 jobs and the Obama administration labor relations board said no. This is a glimpse of the futures.
16. The raid on Gibson Guitars. The Obama justice department accused Gibson guitars of improperly importing special wood for their guitars from India, even as India never raised a complaint. They show up and they beat up on companies in the name of regulation so that other companies “get the message.”
17. Mitt Romney (along with Ann) has successfully raised a wonderful family. This tells us much about his character and values.
18. Mitt Romney has never taken a government paycheck, even as governor of Massachusetts. This reflects his commitment to not wasting the people’s money.
19. Mitt Romney can read a balance sheet. Can you? Most business owners have accountants for this.
20. Romney has run complicated organizations. Barack Obama has not.
21. Ann Romney is an incredible woman, who has overcome challenges from MS, cancer, etc. Her life is a great achievement and she will make a great first lady.
22. Paul Ryan. No one knows the budget like Paul Ryan. No one is prepared to make extraordinary steps to correct our shortcomings.
23. Joe Biden. Enough said.
24. One word – Israel. If you are a supporter of the state of Israel, you cannot vote for Barack Obama. He has no love for the State of Israel. He has not been to the state of Israel since he has been elected. His hostility for the Jewish State has been omnipresent in his foreign policy.
25. Obama’s tense relationship with Benjamin Netanyahu. He is the strongest Israeli prime ministry in recent times and Obama refuses to meet with him as Iran is getting critically close to gaining nuclear power status. He doesn’t have time for Netanyahu, yet he has time to go on David Letterman and The View.
26. Obama did nothing for the Iranian green revolution. He was urged by many people to stand by the Iranian people when they stood against our enemies, the Iranian regime. He did nothing and the revolution was suppressed.
27. The “Leading From Behind” doctrine. We don’t know what this meant. But whatever it meant is that he refused to take leadership during the Libyan revolution and many hundreds of tons of weapons went missing. We see the fruits of this in Benghazi in the slaughter of our ambassador.
28. “Leading From Behind” in Syria. Assad has not hesitated to kill tens of thousands of his own people to preserve his rule. He is a butcher, and Obama has refused until recently to say anything against this crushing of civilians. Everyone knows Assad is our enemy except for Barack Obama. The result has been chaos, murder, tens of thousands dead and who knows what will follow in the wake of this bloodshed.
29. The Bows. The bow to the Saudi King,
30. The bow to the Japanese Emperor. The United States bows to no one, but he is indicating appeasement in policy, which has been dangerous since its first day and has manifested itself in the rise of extremism across the world. The bows are not to be forgotten.
31. There has been no progress with North Korea.
Click here to listen to Hugh Hewitt’s original radio program of all 100 reasons.
Click here to read all 100 transcribed reasons at Tribble News.
American Values: “In God We Trust” — “Liberty” — “E Pluribus Unum”
Twitter Follow: @VicLundquist — Dedicated to all members of The United States military and their families