Romney: “We’re Going to Win Pennsylvania”

Photo: Evan Vucci / AP

Most of you probably have family members and friends that are expressing worry, even pessimism about Governor Romney’s chances to beat Mr. Obama in November. I do. The polls from the battleground states in the last couple of weeks have turned negative, etc. I just smile and tell them, you are wrong. He is going to win!

I’m not going to get into a big explanation of the unreliability of the many polls; suffice to say they are historically unreliable and wrong. President Reagan used to say he did not pay attention to the polls. He stayed on message and he did what he knew was the right thing. Governor Romney is doing the very same thing.

The only polls that matter are those maintained by professional pollsters in the Romney and Obama camps. They know. NBC published an article yesterday, “Romney: ‘We’re going to win Pennsylvania’”

“You know, I’ve got a little secret here,” Romney told a rally crowd of a few hundred supporters. “That is that the Obama campaign thinks Pennsylvania is in their pocket — they don’t need to worry about it. And you’re right, and they’re wrong.

“We’re going to win Pennsylvania. We are going to take the White House.”

At the fundraiser earlier this morning in Philadelphia, Romney was more circumspect about his chances, telling donors it would “really shock people” if, on Nov. 6th, Pennsylvania seemed to be going his way. He first predicted “it could happen” before closing with an outright prediction: “I’m going to win Pennsylvania.”

This is huge news! When I woke up this morning and saw this, I got even more excited. This is huge news!

I am guessing that most of you that frequent MRC are well-read, well-informed, optimistic Romney supporters. If so, we need to get our pessimistic friends off the dime and get their heads in the game. It is game on and Governor Romney is in this game to win. It is not unusual for Governor Romney’s days to begin at 5:00 a.m. and to end at 2:00 a.m. Are we matching his work ethic, enthusiasm, energy, determination, and persistence? He is our file leader; he cannot win this thing alone. All of us need to step it up for him. And as Donald Sutherland shouted in the film Kelly’s Heroes as he led a tank column, “No negative vibes boys! No negative vibes!”

American Values: “In God We Trust” — “Liberty” — “E Pluribus Unum”

Twitter Follow: @VicLundquist – Dedicated to all members of The United States military and their families

About Victor Lundquist:

Victor is a businessman working in the healthcare industry. He and his wife of 33 years have five children and four grandchildren. Vic has been blogging for Mitt Romney since 2007.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

Tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Romney: “We’re Going to Win Pennsylvania”

I believe Romney will win! I think most Republicans that are skeptical about Romney’s chances were not his supporters in the primaries. Ardent supporters believe in his ability to pull off a win. My husband supported Gingrich, so he is pessimistic about Romney’s abilities as a candidate. He believed in Gingrich, not Romney. When I hear negativity, I just turn it off.

Some believe Obama is a great debater. Really? When has Obama been challenged in a debate to defend his first term as president? Never. When Obama debated McCain, he didn’t have a dismal record to defend and he didn’t have a history so saturated with deception. In addition, the MSM hasn’t asked Obama the hard ball questions. Many of Obama’s supporters think that Romney is the liar. They have to think that, because if they didn’t, then Obama would have to be the liar. Obama has convinced them through deception that it is Romney who is lying.

I really believe that it is the debates that will determine this election. The truth is on our side!

Romney/Ryan….2012!!

2. cleveland elliott says:

I am not sure Mr. Romney is going to win. I am going yo VOTE FOR HIM He needs to come out v ery strong against obama,howhe has turned the country into a AA- credit rating in just three years, wnd what is he planning to do to bring the country back to be the best country in the world again.PLEASE MR. ROMNEY TRY HARDER I just don’t feel comfortable with the way you are going .Get tougher let the world know you mean to win.

cce

clevland elliott,
    Don’t be dispirited. I think Gov Romney is working hard, and getting much tougher recently. The guy is not a career politician. It is not easy going through very long primary, putting up with Obama daily lies, fighiting with media bias reporting. The good news is Romney/Ryan are closing the gap in many swing states. Get engaged, get involved!

WE WILL WIN!! :)

4. Victor Lundquist says:

African for Romney, keep up the great work! Love your comments!

Mitt could easily win Penn. if smart people would step up and vote. We are counting on you. Show us that Penn. has what it takes to stand up for freedom. The liberty bell stands for freedom. Don’t let Obama crack it in half and send it to be melted down to be recast in his own image. Stand up and be counted as a true patriot.

Romney and Ryan are real patriots. VOTE or suffer the consequences.

6. Ann says:

Clever analogy about Obama melting down the Liberty Bell to be cast in his image!!!!! He already has an Obama emblem on his version of our American flag! What an egotist! I pray that all Americans can see what a wasteland our economic situation is under his (non) leadership. I hope the coal industry workers who have lost their jobs continue to gather support for Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan, whose practical energy ideas will restore those jobs and manufacturing too. GO ROMNEY AND RYAN; SAVE AMERICA!

7. jill says:

WE HAVE TO WIN THIS ELECTION. OBAMA IS A COMMUNIST. HIS CAMPAIGN SLOGAN OF FORWARD IS MARXIST. HE WANTS ANOTHER 4 YEARS SO HE CAN FINISH RUINING THE COUNTRY. LOOK INTO HIS BACKGROUND. READ PAUL KENGOR’S BOOK. HE IS FOLLOWING IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF HIS FATHER FRANK MARSHALL DAVIS!!!

8. Melody says:

Yes Jill I believe you are correct on Obama being a communist. Anyone that has common sense can see his goal is to eventually have the whole middle class on food stamps. He pretends he wants to help the middle class but in reality he needs their money to bring his plan to fruition. In communism their is NO middle class only the elite and the dirt poor solely dependent on the government for a handout and when the government thinks your usefulness is spent they will start euthanizing you to decrease the population.

@ Vic. you’re welcome :)

10. Dr. Bill says:

Many individuals in many venues are simply afraid to tell anyone that they will not be supporting President Obama this Election! Union households in many swing States, would pay a heavy price if they answered a poll the wrong way! Many party bosses would strip them of their jobs if they gave a pollster (many of whom they may know in some areas)… a non-supportive answer!
    The real poll will be held on the 6th. of November! Many died in the wool Democrats that I know… who have always voted a straight ticket… (and are being counted), have told me that even though they won’t be voting for Governor Romey: They will not even consider voting for such an enept individual such as the President… This has noy been factored in at all! My own family who still resides in Delaware, and handed the money out at the polls for years… aren’t showing up this time to vote at all! For the Democrats to lose such dyed in the wool supporters, will be devastating… I hope!

11. macklady says:

Americans and our great country are fighting a war on our own soil and the leader of the enemy lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. The only way to conquer him and his seditious ego is to VOTE on November 6. I am throwing in a lot of prayer and whatever I can in cash to the Romney/Ryan ticket. God Bless America and Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.

12. Joellyn says:

Please remember that NOTHING is impossible with God. We need to ask Him to have mercy on us and REMOVE the dictator from the white house!!!

13. Becky says:

Our pastor preached on that very thing just yesterday, Joellyn. We know that our God is bigger than Obama and He can overthrow him if we all get behind Mitt and Paul and pray for their victory.

14. Pingback: Mitt Romney Central | Liberals are No Longer Laughing at Romney on Pennsyvania! | Mitt Romney Central