Photo Credit: Charles Dharapak / AP Photo

From Israel National News:

Romney said that “In this sacred spot and on this special day, I have gotten to know more about the history of the Jewish people, and I feel the pain of the destruction undergone by the Jewish people – the special nation as it was in the past – and I pray and hope for peace for the nation of Israel and the entire world.”

From ABC News:

Mitt and Ann Romney visited one of the holiest sites in the Jewish faith today, arriving at the Western Wall on a sacred day of mourning in Israel.

The Romneys arrived via motorcade at the site of prayer and spent about 15 minutes walking to the wall and placing their prayers in the wall and got a warm reception.

The wall is split in two – one side for men and the other for women – so Ann and her female staffers approached one side, while the candidate approached the other with Rabbi Shmuel Rabinowitz.

There were hundreds of Jewish worshippers praying at the site on this holy fasting day of Tisha B’Av and cell phones were out snapping photos of Romney. Many chanted at him as he walked slowly toward the wall.
[...]
Among those with Romney were son Josh, senior adviser Dan Senor and Spencer Zwick.

Romney stood for several minutes with a man who had diagrams and looked to be describing the wall and where on the Temple Mount Romney was standing. Romney then took a piece of paper and wrote something on it. He approached the wall, bowed his head and put his right hand on the wall. After about 20 seconds he looked up and stuck his note into a space on the wall.

American Values: “In God We Trust” — “Liberty” — “E Pluribus Unum”

Twitter Follow: @VicLundquist – Dedicated to all members of The United States military and their families

About Victor Lundquist:

Victor is a businessman working in the healthcare industry. He and his wife of 33 years have five children and four grandchildren. Vic has been blogging for Mitt Romney since 2007.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to The Romneys Pay Respects at the Western Wall of Temple Mount in Jerusalem on Sacred Day of Mourning

1. AfricansforRomney says:

Nice pic! You can tell Gov Romney is man of the faith regardless the religion setting. Gov Romeny looks very presidential wherever he went and it is easy to forget the current sitting un-organized community organizer prez.

The Obama juvenile camps are JEALOUS of gov Romeny’s foreign visits so, they’ve been trying to creat controversy out of thin air.

Woowho! only 99 days left to end Obama’s juvenile era!

2. ConservativeRep says:

You can tell he was saying a humble sincere prayer as he had his hand on the wall.

Mitt Romney is a man of great courage and faith. We need him to lead us out of the bondage of Obama.

4. Marjorie Doby says:

I want AfricansforRomney to know I enjoy your comments and when I see your name on a commenters list I know truth is being represented——–Thank you. They are getting tougher and meaner in their comments.

5. meteliko tuaileva says:

There is just a spiritual ways about Mitt Romney and how he handled him self, and his honesty in what he said in England, but we know how the press are in England, remembered that 300 yrs ago, American of British heritage could not wait to get out of those little devil, do not go down to their level in the pigs pen. Aloha to Mitt Romney from Hawaii Nei.

6. Ben says:

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling Romney’s relationship with Israel is going to be HUGE in the next four years.

7. Dana Bettencourt says:

I will be voting for Mitt only because I don’t believe he is a communist as I believe O is. I do believe Mitt loves America & I believe he will be a much better president than O is. But, it trully makes me sad when there are people like Tamar Alvine-Steele who have been indocrinated to believe that Mormans are Christians . Mormans are not Christians. Tamar, please seek wisdom outside of the Morman church & pray for Gods wisdom to lead you to His truth. Sincerely, Dana

Dana, Mormons ARE Christians. Please do your research before you write. With respect, your ignorance is on display. There are 15 million Christians in the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints. I’m happy I could clarify and correct your comment. Yes, Mitt will make a wonderful Christian President. All the best to you.

9. Stan says:

I don’t know what Reagan’s religion was or do I know Lincoln’s or Washington’s. All I know is they were good presidents, good leaders, and true to America. That is how I view Mitt Romney, a leader, a true American, and will be a good president. The important thing we need to to do is come together as Americans.

Oh sorry Dana, one more little correction. Mormon is spelled with an “o” not and “a”.

11. Kristen says:

wow dana. from your mouth to God’s ear.

hmm, wasn’t there something in the new testament about a tax collector and a pharisee . . . . . .

12. AfricansforRomney says:

Who’s lacking wisdom here, Dana? Its you Dana not the person who converted to his/her choice of religion. Don’t be judgmental, please. Religion is a persoanl choice so, chill. I never understood why some of the christian religion wackos think that their christianity is better than my christianity. I’m not a moromon, but the good news is Dana, you’re going to vote Gov Romney a man of faith, a person who’s not afraid to call GOD loudly, a person who won’t be intimidated to pray in public. C’mon, we’ve a Prez name includes Hussein, Barack, do you think we care about Gov Romney’s religion? I don’t think so. Our concern is the economy, jobs, strong defense…..

Have you heard this speech. There are lots of quotes from your bible on this link.

13. AfricansforRomney says:

@Marjorie Doby, that’s nice of you :=) Our WIMPY Prez Obama is hiding behind the media skirts all the time so, it’s hard to find fair news about Gov Romney out there. Increasingly, they act like they’re in Obama’s payroll. We’ve to give One Love for Gov Romney win in Nov!

14. Vic Lundquist says:

Dana, Gov. Romney describes his faith as “Christian” and it is well known that he has stated publicly that his Lord and Savior is Jesus Christ. Also, Romney has stated many times in speeches he believes Judeo-Christian values are critical as bedrock principles for America. Lastly, almost every evangelical leader I have read about on this topic has accepted Governor Romney’s testimony that Christ is his Savior. You will discover these facts with not too much research.

15. manfromthemountain says:

Mitt Romney will make a great president, of that I am sure.