Reminder: MittRomneyCentral has no affiliation whatsoever with Mitt Romney or his presidential campaign. We are a grassroots organization. Comments below are strictly the opinion of the author.
Mr. Obama’s desperation and panic have compelled him and his campaign subordinates to stoop to full immersion in pools of scum in their failing attempts to drag Governor Romney into their familiar territory of mud wrestling. As the Obama campaign chooses to wallow in the waste of deception, they ironically reveal their true characters. As President of the United States, Barack Obama has debased the office of the presidency to a level he will never be able to repair — the reputation of the presidency will now need to be restored by his successor.
By contrast, Mitt Romney’s responses have been those of a gentleman: Firm, resolute, tough, and presidential.
My anger over what I have witnessed emerging from The White House this week caused me to postpone this opinion 24 hours. Mr. Obama’s decision to not apologize to Governor Romney for blatantly false accusations, as well as his failure to disavow the slander of subordinates, is further indictment of Obama’s character and has only brought on greater indignation. By allowing his campaign staff to spew false accusations at will, he now effectively owns their statements — Obama’s future attempts to distance himself from them will ring hollow.
Those of us that contribute to this site are political junkies of sorts; in a way, we become such through constant research of facts. I admit I am one. That said, I must assume readers of this piece are not political junkies and rather click through to MRC a few minutes each day to learn truth behind each presidential candidate’s positions and policies. Fair enough.
If one does not know much about Mitt Romney or Barack Obama and their policies, one can easily discern which is the more credible principal of their respective campaigns based solely on their reputations built over a lifetime. Ignoring altogether either candidate’s ideologies or political affiliation, which person’s reputation would lead you to trust one over the other? After all, very few of us will ever have the opportunity to really know the person of Barack Obama or Mitt Romney, correct? If true, what do we have by which to judge each man’s character, integrity, and trustworthiness? Whose rhetoric can we really believe?
To discern truth, we have each person’s reputation. With whom has each person chosen to associate in service? In business? What is each person’s reputation? Consider the source.
The Reputation of Barack Obama
This week, Governor Sununu on the Sean Hannity referred to Barack Obama’s “cheek to jowl” relationship with Rod Blagojevich, convicted felon and former Illinois governor to describe Obama’s reputation of and familiarity with “Chicago style politics.” Following are but a few facts that make up Mr. Obama’s reputation:
- Obama has stated numerous times recently that FactCheck.org “is wrong” when their research is cited in reference to his false statements of Romney. Obama clearly thinks the value add of constantly repeating the lie is worth the risk that a few people will call him on it.
- Obama has arrogantly stated the historically liberal Washington Post’s Pinocchio fact checkers are wrong when they correct his blatantly false statements like this one.
- Obama’s first significant business transactions involved convicted felon and neighbor Tony Rezko known for numerous shady dealings at all levels of Chicago politics.
- In Obama’s book, Dreams From My Father, he admits to “composite” descriptions of those in his life for “compression” purposes, allowing the narrative he wishes to project without any risk of discovery of false claims or untoward reputation.
- The evening of the bin Laden raid, Obama, along with the tiny group present in the Ops room committed to keep details of the operation completely secret except to disclose that bin Laden had been killed. Less than 24 hours later, Obama revealed numerous details of the raid including the use of a previously secret elite force (SEAL Team VI), endangering current and future special operations missions.
- Obama’s hubris extends to taking credit for military operations — angering U.S. active duty military personnel — while projecting to the public that doing so was an enormous risk to himself.
- Obama’s White House has been the source of numerous documented leaks that have endangered the lives of Americans in the military and intelligence communities and this according to Democrats like Senator Feinstein. These are widely considered to be for the political self-interest of Obama.
- Obama pushed ObamaCare through by constantly stating it was not a tax, then argued at the Supreme Court that it is a tax, and when declared a tax by the Supreme Court, he and his surrogates vehemently deny it is a series of huge taxes.
- Space does not allow the listing of all blatant lies. To study only the latest of Obama’s lies, click here. And to review 10 major documented lies Obama has made, click here.
In Mr. Obama’s words, watch this short video clip of seven promises Obama made to America that he never had any intention of keeping. These are only seven examples of commitments he made knowing he would never follow through:
The Reputation of Mitt Romney
Just this week, Governor Sununu and Mayor Rudy Giuliani separately referred to Mitt Romney as having a reputation above reproach when asked about accusations by Cutter and Rhoades that Romney committed a felony. As well, numerous Democrats and those that supported Obama in 2008 came out on the record to defend Mitt Romney’s reputation. That said, consider these few facts related to Mitt Romney’s life and career:
- Since the 1970s, Mitt Romney has been instrumental in countless successful business endeavors with Boston Consulting Group, Bain & Company, and Bain Capital. His leadership was crucial in most of these successes.
- Mitt Romney left Bain & Company to co-found Bain Capital in 1984 which became a successful venture capital firm. By 1990, Bain & Company was nearing financial collapse when Romney was asked to return to the firm to rescue it; which he did from 1991 to 1992 where he worked without pay ($1/year). He returned to lead Bain Capital afterward.
- Mitt Romney closed the offices of Bain Capital in 1996 for a week to search for the 14-year old daughter of partner Robert Gay who went missing in New York City. He turned the Bain Capital team into a detective/search team in the City and after several days they found Gay’s daughter in New Jersey. The operation is credited with saving her life.
- Mitt Romney was asked to take a leave of absence from Bain Capital in 1999 to rescue the financially strapped and corruption laden Winter Olympics which was running nearly $400 million short of revenue objectives. In the face of major threats of terrorism post 9/11, Romney led the Olympics to an astounding success, clearing a $100 million profit. He worked those three years without pay ($1/year). After the successful ending of the Olympics, he received a severance which he donated entirely to charity.
- Mitt Romney served a successful term as governor of Massachusetts accomplishing many key objectives while being opposed by an 80 percent Democrat legislature. His success is attributed to many various methods and leadership techniques, including the effective use of the bully pulpit and 800 vetoes. He worked as governor without pay from 2003 to 2007 ($1/year).
- For approximately 17 years from 1977, Mitt Romney served as the pastor (bishop) or senior pastor (stake president) of his church in which he met with and personally counseled thousands of individuals and families dealing with spiritual, employment, financial, and marital challenges, among many other leadership requirements. These responsibilities sometimes exceeded 30 hours a week, over and above his professional duties. His 17+ years service as a pastor were all without pay.
- Mitt Romney lost the 2008 bid as the GOP presidential candidate to Senator McCain. Upon conceding to McCain, Romney immediately set out to raise as much money as he could in support of Senator McCain’s presidential candidacy, raising approximately $20 million in that effort.
- After McCain’s loss to Barack Obama in the presidential race of 2008, Romney worked tirelessly for Republicans running for the Senate and House in the 2010 elections and was instrumental in raising significant funds in those successful wins. Ronald Reagan did the very same thing leading up to his 1980 run for the presidency.
Mitt Romney’s personal and professional reputation is above reproach. Indeed, his reputation for the highest levels of integrity is touted by the thousands of friends, colleagues, and associates that have worked with Romney at various times across this nation and over the years. That is not true of Barack Obama. In fact their respective reputations, discerned from rhetoric, decisions, actions, and policies are polar opposites in so many ways.
In whose care would you trust your business? In whose care would you trust your community or state government? Which person would you guess to tell the truth at every turn and in any situation?
Consider the source.
“Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” ~ George Washington
American Values: “In God We Trust” — “Liberty” — “E Pluribus Unum”
Twitter Follow: @VicLundquist – Dedicated to all members of The United States military and their families