Rudy Giuliani Endorses Mitt Romney for President [Updated with Video]

Mitt Romney today announced the support of former Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

“I’m very proud to earn the support of such a distinguished leader and public servant to our country,” said Mitt Romney. “Rudy’s successes in turning around New York City are well-known and his name is synonymous with leadership, uniting a city in the aftermath of the worst terrorist attack in our nation’s history. I look forward to his help in the months ahead as I work to restore America’s promise and reverse President Obama’s failed policies.”

“When I look at where we are as a nation and the challenges we face, I am convinced that Mitt Romney will provide a clear contrast to President Obama,” said Rudy Giuliani. “Whether it was creating jobs in business, rescuing the Olympics, or turning around Massachusetts’ $3 billion budget deficit, he has proved, time and again, that he excels at turning around difficult situations. He has also proposed a bold economic plan that will help families that have been crushed by President Obama’s failed policies. With his plan to create more jobs, reduce our debt, and scale back the size of government, America will be back on the road to prosperity. I’m proud to support Mitt Romney and encourage all those who worry about our country’s future to do the same.”

Here is video of Giuliani’s endorsement on FOX News this morning:

Tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Rudy Giuliani Endorses Mitt Romney for President [Updated with Video]

1. AfricansforRomney says:

What? Giuliani??? He’s now for Gov Romney i guess. Well, politics is a dirty business.

2. ccr says:

Yes, politics is “ugly” sometimes. I love that MR does not hold grudges or is spiteful! What a good example. We need ALL that realize the dire situation our country is in to come together and work for the good. MR will be wise in whom surrounds him.

The one I will have the “hardest” time with……Santorum. His behavior has been a display of some of the “ugliest”.

3. syn says:

As a former NYer who moved out of NYC end of 2010 because of Guiliani- endorsed Mike Bloomberg (R) I’d offer this warning, ‘be careful what you wish for because you might not like what you are going to receive’

I admire Rudy, he was the best and last good thing NYC will ever have. I can only hope Republican Romney doesn’t govern as Republican Bloomberg. I fled Statism once and there is no where else in the world to where I can flee to freedom.

4. Shane Ownbey says:

@AfricansforRomney

I am not sure how to feel about Guliani’s endorsement. I think he is more of a politicial than he is a ‘stand up’ guy. I don’t trust his judgement but I do trust Mitt Romney and I know he will surpise us all with his attitude, his leadership ability and style and his experience. Politics is a dirty business, it has gone on unchecked long enough. This country needs an attitude adjustment from the top down and the bottom up. Everyone is to blame.

5. Robert Simmons says:

Unfortunately the people on this site seem to show that they have much in common with the liberals trying to destroy the country. As I got on the chat system, I expressed my distaste for how Romney surrogates are bashing Palin in the press again and was instantly banned from the chat machine. After all we can’t have free speech and tolerate dissent can we? This is the same garbage that the liberals do when they encounter someone they disagree with. The strategy isn’t to convince, to debate, to encourage but rather to silence.

I am a tea party libertarian that will have a difficult time voting for Romney. I will do so because I think Romney loves america and I know Obama doesn’t. But such thug tactics as represented on this site make me think that i should reconsider. If we get another guy just like Obama but with an (R) beside his name in the oval office than America as we know it is doomed. If Romney’s supporter’s first inclination is to reach for the Ban stick then we can safely assume that they are little different than the personality enthralled, thrill up the leg, obama supporters.

There is a famous statement that if your argument cannot withstand debate or dissent then it is not valid. For the first time I come to Romney’s site and find that his supporters, like our current president, cannot withstand debate or criticism. That is not a promising start. But I supposed if Romney has written off the tea party conservatives, it is no concern to them.

So my choice is between two parties, both who wish to silence any debate or dissent. One who hates america and always has (obama) and one who likes america but honestly believes in the nanny state? What an unfortunate dilemma.

If anyone from the Romney campaign cares to contact me to talk about the issue, you can use my email that I entered in this site. If not then I will know Romney has no interest in grass roots conservatives and libertarians, now that he has the nomination sewn up.

6. AfricansforRomney says:

@Shane Ownbey
    Yeah, all endorsment are not equal as we know it. I understand to the point when the candidates gets into nasty fights (Santo was out of contro, super nastyl) and then they end the race with civility. But, i question the integrity of these side kicks like Giuliani or Pataki and many others. How could they said something outrageous and then reverse it? Of course, Gov Romney has no choice except thanking them but i wish they don’t come out and contradict themselves.

The same reason i don’t want to see Santo’s endorsment.

7. AfricansforRomney says:

@Robert Simmons
    I hear the same type of complain from Liberaterians in other political blogs. You’re at last leaning to Gov Romney which a bold move but many people gets frustrated getting into debates with Ron Paul supporters. It may be helpful to change your approach from debate to dialogue. (i’m just trying to be helpful here).

8. Deg says:

@Robert Simmons

I second Robert, we have to be a bigger tent here for everyone.

Being banned is very outrageous and offensive.

I was banned too and I’m a die hard Romney fan for over 6 years now.

Banning privileges should be revoked by those who abuse them!!

9. Robert Simmons says:

We are facing a time in the country where it is quite literally make or break. Romney says he has become conservative and I would like to believe him but I am no bot or enthralled operative with a gleam in the eyes. I am a realist, a small government constitutional non-isolationist libertarian. If Romney and his supporters cannot find a way to get with us then he will lose the election. Some people that think like me will go force themselves to vote for him. Others will just stay home or vote third party. Sure we know that voting third party helps obama but if Romney is to be just like Obama except with an (R) by his name then what’s the difference?

When you come on the campaign site to express displeasure for bashing someone who is a prominent conservative and not even in the race and are instantly banned, you walk away thinking “well, perhaps there really is no difference between Obama and Romney other than what they want to spend our stolen money on.”