Happy Birthday to Mitt Romney: Wonderful Husband, Father, Grandfather

Governor Romney!

There are so many reasons to wish The Gov many happy returns today. He’s a man of many accomplishments – a great American: studied hard in school to get good grades, made choices in his youth that made his parents proud, learned to value work, learned the value of serving others, developed compassion and leadership skills, served in his church, successfully helped to create many businesses and jobs for Americans, turned around a troubled Olympic Games to make America proud fresh after 9-11, governed a troubled, liberal state with conservative principles and turned a huge budget deficit into a very substantial rainy day fund, gives so generously of his time and money, and much more.

Among all of Governor Romney’s accomplishments he says his family is his greatest joy. He dearly loves his “sweetheart Ann” and she loves him. He adores his five sons and daughters-in-law and his 16 grandchildren. They, in return, adore him. He’s a devoted husband, father and grandfather who relishes time spent with family. Unsurprisingly, his ease with little ones is being noticed along the campaign trail:

Mitt the Baby Whisperer

Did you know Mitt Romney’s baby handling skills may be a big help in Mississippi? So says Gov. Phil Bryant, who endorsed Romney Thursday. Speaking to reporters in Pascagoula shortly after Romney wrapped up his stump speech here, Bryant cited the ex-Massachusetts governor’s child-rearing abilities when asked how he’s doing in his conversion to the South.
. . .
[H]e’s been here before. We’ve talked to him. We’ve seen him. But he just has a warm comfortable way about him. I like to see a man when he’s holding a baby. And he looks like he’s held a baby before,” Bryant said. “Let me tell you, this man is connecting with the people of this nation and it’s about those simple things. You’re not going vote for somebody you don’t like. You’re just not going to do it. And I think people in Mississippi like Mitt Romney.”

Today, I’m paying birthday tribute to Mitt Romney – wonderful husband, father, and grandfather. He could be at home, enjoying time with his family, but he’s chosen to run for the highest office in the land. Offering his lifetime of experience, he is dedicated to restoring the American dream. Caring deeply about about America’s children and their future, he does not want our burdensome, immoral debt to be foisted on their young shoulders. Here are a few photos that show his ease and joy in meeting little Americans…

(Click on photos to enlarge.)

March 10, 2012 - Romney spends time at Boston headquarters with Zac Moffat's baby.
(TwitPic Zac Moffat)

Stretch time! (Photo Getty Images/Emmanuel Dunand)

From plenty of experience, Romney knows babies love to grab ears, noses, and lips!

Jan 28, 2012 - Mitt hugs a toddler at a campaign rally in Florida. (Look at her sweet little arm around his neck... She knows she is in safe arms!)

March 9, 2012 - Gov Romney kisses a baby during a campaign stop at Thomson Tractor in Pinson Valley, Alabama. (Photo The Birmingham News/Hal Yeager)

The Gov engaged in one of his favorite pastimes... reading to his grandchildren.

That best portion of a good man’s life,
His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.

~ William Wordsworth

Happy Birthday, Governor Romney!

Birthday wishes for The Gov may be left on his Facebook page and in our comments section.

UPDATE - To see creative cartoonist Sal Velluto’s birthday card for Gov Romney, click here.

I just love those photos! What a good, good, man…

► Jayde Wyatt

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Happy Birthday to Mitt Romney: Wonderful Husband, Father, Grandfather

1. Jane Bushell says:

Happy birthday Gov. Romney…I look forward to voting for you again for President!!! Romney in 2012!!!!!

2. Wynnsor says:

Talk low, talk slow and do’t say too much…..John Wayne oh and Happy Birthday

Wynnsor

3. freda mccullough says:

happy birthday governor romney, i hope your next birthday is celebrated in the white house

4. Alma Campbell says:

Happy, Happy Birthday Mitt! We’re pulling for you all the way to the White House !

5. Laura P says:

Happy Birthday, Mitt Romney! All the best!!

6. lydia mackun says:

Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day with your family. Good luck with the campaign, you are our hope for our future and our childrens.

7. Kay Hawkins says:

Happy Birthday Governor! On to victory!

8. Jayde Wyatt says:

¸¸.•♥*Happy birthday to you! ♥♪♫•*¨*•.¸♥Happy birthday to you! ♪•*¨*•♫♪…♥ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy birthday, Governor Romney,…♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ You’ll be in the White House next year!!♥ ♥ ♥ *¨♫♪

9. Happy Birthday Gov. Romney. Have a fabulous day with friends and family.

10. Paul Williams says:

Happy Birthday Mitt, hope your celebrating your next birthday in the White House

11. Happy Birthday, Governor Romney. My husband and I are pulling for you in our neighbor states of Alabama and Mississippi tomorrow.

12. Shelly king says:

Happy bday to you from svg.

13. Sue Ann Douglas says:

Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful Birthday day and a successful year!
    Thank you for all of the time and hard work that you’ve
    spent on the campaign trail for Americans and our future.

14. Andrea Bastias says:

Feliz Cumpleanos! Happy Birthday Mr. Romney, you deserve the best.
    Andrea Bastias

15. Susan Williford says:

Happy Birthday, Mr. Future President of the United States of America!! :)

16. Vickie Deacon says:

Happy Happy Birthday, Governor Romney, Hope this day is only fun out there on the campaign trail. My family sends you sincere gratitude for working and running such a stellar campaign. We look forward to calling you “President Romney”

Sincerely, Vickie Deacon

17. Mark Mendenhall says:

Happy Birthday Mitt!

18. freda hartman-gales says:

Our whole family is behind you pushing all the way to the White House…u r the ONE!

19. Debbie Harman says:

Happy Birthday!
    I love all the pictures. It looks like our children know the truth. WHO was it that said except ye become as a little child?

20. Marcia says:

I want to wish you a happy birthday! I have been behind you 100% since 2008 and I’m there this year too. Good luck on the trail to the White House.

21. Bea Wyatt says:

Happy Birthday Gov. Romney hope your 65th is Awesome! Awesome picture with the babies & little ones.

22. Barbara Fuller says:

Happy Birthday Mitt! I hope you have a great birthday! Here’s to your birthday being in the White House next year!!!

23. Tess Wade says:

Happy Birthday Governor Romney! We are huge supporters of you at our house.

You don’t know me, but you attended by sister’s (Renee Whetten) funeral in Ithaca, NY many years ago. You even gave my other sister (JoRita Nielsen) and her husband a ride there from Boston. My oldest daughter (Aja Eyre) is married to Jonah, the middle son of Richard and Linda Eyre, so through all these connections, I feel like I know you. Keep up the great work and have a happy birthday!

24. Tyler E. says:

Happy Birthday, Governer Romney. Or should I say, future Mr. President Romney. Best of luck and God Bless.

25. richard bansah-dotse says:

Happy Birthday Mitt…May God Bless u and see your dreams come true

26. John Millard says:

Happy Birthday Mitt! Thank you for your excellent and inspiring example and willingness to step up to the proverbial plate!

27. Broomspell says:

Happy Birthday!, Your dad was a fabulous Governor in my state of Michigan, so I know you will make a FABULOUS President!.

28. Rhoda Hughes says:

Governor,

In behalf of my group here in Stillwater, Oklahoma we wish you a Happy Bday! We are looking forward to calling you Mr. President come January of 2012. We are praying for you and your family and feeling confident that you are going to win this election all the way!

we love you and your family,
    the group consists of mother, grandmother, greatgrandma, sisters, friends, neighbors, facebook friends, etc

29. Seiko Tanner says:

Happy Birthday, the NEXT PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA!

WE thank you for running for this race and you will be the BEST PRESIDENT in the American History!!

Japan for Mitt Romney !!

30. Bekki Johnson says:

I personally love all the pics of Mitt with babies and kids. I have first hand experience with him reaching out to my daughter. We went to his caucus party in downtown Denver with our four kids. My youngest daughter stood motionless (unusual for a very energentic 8 year old) as he gave his speech. When he came around to greet his supporters she was suddenly shy and buried her head in my husband’s shoulder. My husband said, “Don’t you want to shake his hand?”, but she continued to hide her face. He reached out and rubbed her back and said “it’s okay.” She lifted her head from her dad’s shoulder and reached out her hand to his. Something I will never forget and I wish I had it on video. I love Mitt!

31. Nancy Vance says:

I enjoyed the pictures of Governor Romney with the babies and all the kids. We are so proud of Governor Romney. We hope that next year he will celebrate his birthday in the White House. Nancy and Don Vance

32. Jean says:

Happy Birthday Governor Romney from Illinois!!! I am waiting patiently for March 20th primary with a lot of hope to vote for you in November.

33. Vic Lundquist says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Love the Phil Bryant comments about connecting!

We gotta win both Southern states tomorrow, okay!

34. F. Ybarra says:

Don’t believe the Media lies! Mitt is CONNECTING with the American people. He has a big lead, he has beaten all comers and he’s ready to lead.
    And of course, Feliz Cumpleaños, Mitt!

35. Noelle says:

Happy birthday. Best wishes for today, and for the upcoming year. Doing all we can to ensure you celebrate your next birthday at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

36. AfricansforRomney says:

Happy Birthday, Gov Romney!!!

The southern voters commnets about Gov Romney “he’s a pretty boy”, (my fav) “he looks presidential”, “he’s moderate, that’s what we need in washington”, “he talks nice”, “he’s the only one can beat Obama” (my fav)

Gov Romney supports in AL, MI please, please VOTE. You’ve all the power to stop the two nutballs. Don’t let us down. We’re expecting Shock’n awe!

37. Joel Marcaida says:

Happy Birthday Pres. Romney!!!

38. Doug & Darlene says:

Happy Birthday Mitt! We hope you have a terrific birthday! Here’s to your birthday being in the White House next year!!!

39. Jennifer says:

Happy Birthday Mr. 45th President! We support and love you so much! Thank you for your sacrifices and service!

40. Pam Holmberg says:

Happy birthday to a hero of ours….thanks for putting yourself in this race…you are a great American who loves his country enough to endure all this mess…we support you in all you do…you are in our prayers

41. Ramona says:

Happy birthday Mitt, I want you to know that I have prayed many time to know who to support for USA Pres. Every time I have come back with the same name, Romney. I absolutely know that you are the right man for this job at this time. May God bless you to be able to win this race for the sake of our great country! May He also bless & support your family through this crazy & difficult time.