BIG REQUEST: Please forward this post to everyone you know in Michigan and Arizona. Thank you!
PHRASES USED BY SANTORUM IN 2008 to describe Governor Romney:
- He is speaking with clarity and conviction…with the heart and mind together!
- There is only one place to go right now and that’s Mitt Romney!
- He knows what it means to be commander in chief!
- He has a depth of knowledge about [national security]
- He was not only curious, but he had some very interesting insights!
…….. And many more ebullient utterances!
Seriously. Mr. Santorum has not been this passionate, even one time in the 2012 race! When you listen to the following interview — given by Santorum on the Laura Ingraham radio show in February 2008 — you will hear that he was so excited about Romney as President of the United States, Laura Ingraham literally had to interrupt him! And why? So she could publicly announce her own endorsement of Governor Romney, right then and there! This is classic. Every Santorum supporter needs to hear how effusive he was in this amazing testimonial of Governor Romney. This entire audio piece is a crescendo, from beginning to the very end! You get the sense that Santorum would have kept raving about Romney for another 20 minutes if allowed.
The last 100 seconds of the audio are the best:
For the latest from the Santorum tent, read this great article from CNN in which he is quoted saying: “I’ll defend everything I say”
This Patheos article by Nancy French provides additional supporting information from Santorum’s testimonials of Governor Romney from February 1, 2008:
“In a few short days, Republicans from across this country will decide more than their party’s nominee. They will decide the very future of our party and the conservative coalition that Ronald Reagan built. Conservatives can no longer afford to stand on the sidelines in this election, and Governor Romney is the candidate who will stand up for the conservative principles that we hold dear,” said Senator Santorum.
“Governor Romney has a deep understanding of the important issues confronting our country today, and he is the clear conservative candidate that can go into the general election with a united Republican party.”
The following YouTube of Mr. Santorum endorsing Governor Romney in Missouri in 2008 is almost as good as the Laura Ingraham radio piece above. These enthusiastic testimonials by Santorum beg the question: Who changed from 2008 to 2012? In 2008 Santorum was happy, excited, forward looking, and could hardly contain himself! The Rick Santorum of 2012 seems at times angry and appears to have a chip on his shoulder in interviews sometimes. Who flipped from 2008?
What are Mr. Santorum’s motives this time around? Ambition to power? Supreme control over big government? What changed?
“The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.” John F. Kennedy
Please Check Out These Other “Threads” in the #UnravelTheSweater Series:
- Series Intro: Operation #UnravelTheSweater
- Rick Santorum’s Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Hypocrisy
- Rick Santorum – #1 Recipient of Lobby Money
- Santorum: Separation of Church and State “Makes Me Want to Throw Up”
- Colleague Support for Rick Santorum? Crickets…
- Rick Santorum’s Effusive Promotion of Mitt in 2008
- Rick Santorum’s Serious Electability Issues
- Romney SuperPAC Hits Santorum on Spending – Fact Check Verified
- Santorum’s Courage Betrayed by Willingness to Sacrifice Core Principles
- Rick Santorum vs. Protestant Christians
- Santorum’s Poor Record of Charitable Giving
- Rick Santorum – Unprepared and Unqualified
- Rick Santorum – Lots of Rhetoric… Little Action
- Fleshing Out the Truth About Rick Santorum
- Big Government Rick Santorum is NOT the One