Mitt Romney Comes to Michigan and Liberals Have a Hissy Fit

Gov. Romney continues to have the best chance to defeat President Obama in 2012 and the President’s supporters know it. Former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm decided to welcome Gov. Romney to Michigan with a ridiculous op-ed for Politico titled “Let Romney Go Bankrupt” pleading with Michiganders not to donate to Gov. Romney’s campaign. She and the protesters outside the Livonia Coney Island claim that Gov. Romney wanted the auto companies to go out of business and essentially disappear when quite the opposite is true. Romney said if the auto companies had “gone through regular bankruptcy, we’d have saved $17 billion.” Instead, he said, the UAW ended up with a large ownership stake and stockholders and bondholders were hit financially worse than they would have been.

I know the UAW protesters are paid to protest and don’t actually understand the issues (one of them even called me a derogatory term used to demean homosexuals because I was wearing my Mitt Romney 2012 shirt), but Granholm knows she’s lying when she says Gov. Romney doesn’t support the domestic auto industry. Mitt’s dad, George Romney, ran a Detroit automaker before he became a 3-term Governor of Michigan for goodness sakes. Maybe Gov. Granholm is still smarting from the debate she lost with Mitt on Meet the Press during the auto bailout debate…

If anyone wants to read Mitt’s original op-ed that was given its title by the New York Times, you can read it here. As you can see from both Mitt’s original article that liberals only ever reference the title of and Mitt’s own words during the debate, Mitt never wanted the domestic auto makers to go out of business. Being the forward-thinking businessman he is, Mitt knew the companies could only survive and thrive in the future by going through a structured bankruptcy. The bailout money was a waste because GM and Chrysler ended up going through the bankruptcy that money was supposed to prevent.

Despite the best efforts of the protesters, Gov. Romney had a very successful event. His trip to Michigan has been talked about on the local radio stations and been in the news for several days now and Mitt attracted quite a crowd. People were asking Mitt to sign all kinds of things, but baseball mitts were my favorite. Well, the fact that Mitt signed the latest copy of Newsweek was interesting as well. When he saw it, he said “That’s pretty funny isn’t it”. Later. a man stood up on the counter at the Coney Island and sang he own rendition of “When the Saints Go Marching In” where he changed to words to “When Romney comes marching home again…” Mitt won the Michigan primary handily in 2008 and he leads here again. I expect Mitt to win Michigan in the general election against President Obama, but the democrats are going to continue to fight tooth and nail to keep Michigan blue.

Mitt stayed much longer than his driver, who was driving the new Chrysler 300, wanted because Mitt kept sitting down to talk to people. Mitt finally got dragged out of there to head to Bizdom U in Detroit, but before he could, he was confronted by a misinformed person who was saying that Mitt shouldn’t be allowed in the state of Michigan anymore and that he’s a traitor. I haven’t seen Mitt do this before in person, but he turned around the face the accuser and instantly the media pushed in forcing Mitt and the other person to be face-to-face. I could see it in Mitt’s eyes that he was hurt and angry that someone was suggesting that Mitt shouldn’t be allowed to visit the state he was born in, grew up in, met his wife in, and still has a lot of family in. He told the accuser that he was misinformed and explained what his position on the auto bailout has always been. The media ate it up, so I hope to see some videos of this confrontation soon.

For anyone who doesn’t know what Bizdom U is all about, Bizdom U provides comprehensive, real-world training, mentorship, and support for entrepreneurs who have a burning passion and determination to build a growth-oriented, Detroit-based or Cleveland-based business. Hopefully we’ll be able to post some details from the Bizdom U visit soon.

VIDEO of the Coney Island event, a photo of Mitt at the roundtable discussion at Bizdom U, and Mitt’s radio interview with Frank Beckmann below the fold:

Mitt Romney says “Jennifer Granholm is a failed Governor trying to defend a failed Presidency” on this interview with Frank Beckmann in Detroit.

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Mitt Romney Comes to Michigan and Liberals Have a Hissy Fit

1. Marilyn says:

Mitt, please come and visit the state of North Carolina. Spend some time here and maybe we will go red, instead of being purple. There’s a chance, even though the Dem conference will be here next year.

2. Marilyn says:

Red meat for Republicans that I’ve got no problems with as an Independent. What would a person expect him to say?

3. Graham says:

Governor Granholm is a product of Canada, and a failure as a governor. Proof that being mean and being a woman does not make you a good executive politician–you can be a good woman leader, but she is not one of them.

Romney, on the other hand, had a much more successful governorship in less time, and also knows what he’s talking about with car companies.

Granholm can claim neither of those things.

Glass houses…

4. Barbara says:

“Best chance to win against Obama” is not enough. Who cares, even if that was a fact? That doesn’t make Romney good. Ron Paul all the way!

5. Barbara says:

Oh, and just for the record. I got banned from the “Mitt Romney” chat, trying to have an intelligent discussion. I guess Romney fans hate free speech as much as health care freedom.

6. @Barbara
    Good for you, you got banned! It was probably by me, and I’d do it again. We’ve just enacted a strict ban on Ron Paul supporters in our chat. They’ve just become insufferable. We can have plenty of intelligent conversation without them.

7. Graham says:

“I guess Romney fans hate free speech as much as health care freedom.”

Nate, at this point we can ONLY have intelligent conversation without them.

8. KATHYE says:

Mitt…waiting for you in Ohio

9. Barbara says:

Nate Gunderson :
    @Barbara

Haha, shows the closemindedness of Mitt Romney supporters on this site. Things like this will cost you the election. Never was someone from the opposition banned on ronpaulforums. This bigotry completely reflects Mitt Romney’s. Congratulations.

10. Graham says:

Barbara, it would behoove you to be much more concerned with what will cost Ron Paul an election. Because he won’t win one.

11. Barbara says:

Graham :

If Romney wins, nobody wins. We get the same old status quo crap that has ruined our country. It’s a shame those 10 mil will go to waste defending himself against poor policy. I wonder how it feels to support a crook.

12. Crystal says:

People were wondering what the acronym CHImp stood for … Barbara defined it for us …

13. Barbara :

Close-minded I am not. I have heard every argument there is for Ron Paul many dozens of times already. We have allowed comments here from pro-Paul people. I have a brother who strongly supports Ron Paul and we have many very civil discussions. The reason we ban Ron Paul supporters from our chat is because they would completely overrun the site if we let them. We run this site for free and have almost more site upkeep and maintenance that we can deal with. Constantly having to deal with Ron Paul supporters who get out of hand on our chatbox is not something we want nor have to deal with.

And BTW – I do myself have an account at Ron Paul Forums. Upon registering I was promptly (and politely) informed that.. “we welcome open discussion but have limit room for promoting agendas that are alternate to our mission statement.” My guess is that if I stepped out of those bounds I would be warned and then banned. The same rule has applied here, but there are simply to many RP folks who invade the Chatbox on a daily basis, and they are able to post anonymously – all of which makes it impossible to warn then ban.

14. @Barbara

Funny that you post on a different thread under a different name: http://mittromneycentral.com/2011/06/07/romney-polls-ahead-of-obama-big-donors-added-thousands-respond-to-why-i-believe-in-america/#comment-13637

You and “Frank” happen to have the same IP address and the same fake email address. So I’m curious are you a Frank or a Barbara?

15. Barbara says:

Nate Gunderson :
    @Barbara

That’s my brother, a Romney supporter. :D

16. Barbara says:

Nate Gunderson :

Barbara :

Meh alright, I’ll stop.

17. Graham says:

@Barbara said:

Do think this misplaced (and wrong) venom is really going to help your candidate?

18. Tsimnuj says:

Gov Grahom and Obama scare Mitt or Ron Paul the most ? the liberal and Grahom protest Mitt and don’t allow Mitt to go to Michigan because they afraid Mitt and Obama will defeat there if Mitt go there often,but Mitt is smarter than you guy are and Mitt know better than you guy did,so what ever you protest or do any thing there just help Mitt and put Mitt to the top because now the American people had learned that only Mitt is their hope,so the more you attack him is the more he will get stronger,the more you protest him is the more he smarter,and the more you critic him is the more he famous and success,go Mitt,now is your term and America really need you,please stand strong and do the right thing for America in 2013.

19. Jayde Wyatt says:

Ross, great write-up about Gov Romney’s visit to your home state!

Enjoyed your pics and video, too!

20. Dawn Marie Bruce says:

Mitt Romney 2012~Hey Romney supporters, try to ignore both Paul and Palin supporters, the are like cults, and attack anyone who doesn’t agree with every thing they say, they attack you, I know it happens to me on facebook all the time, Mitt’s leading and in addition to the Liberals, he’s going to have to fight people who aren’t qualified to be President on “The Right”!!! Arguing with them will only give you a headache, believe me I know, they give me bad ones all the time….Just make support your support for Romney known, they are just jealous, and what to people do when they are jealous, try to tear people down!

21. Carpenter says:

this is for all you Ron Paul guys ok.

To start with Ron Paul is a RANDIAN. That means he is a follower of Ayn Rand and that nothing to be proud of. Now she might have a few good ideas here and there but she was agressivly ANTI-CHRISTIAN to the point being hostile to christianity.

I cannot and will not vote for a Libertarian under any circumstances because I see the entire Libertarian Party Platform as EVIL and directly from Hell.

Now I am not a Mormon. I don’t agree theologically with Mormonism but I do not see Mormons as EVIL people. I cannot say the same about Libertarians who seem to worship freedom from any Biblical standards, they support Abortion, they promote drug useage, and just about every vile bizarre sin imaginable.

Also there is the strange Ayn Rand connection with Anton Levay’s book. That is just plain wierd!
    But the bizarre idolization that Ayn Rand had with William Edward Hickman who mutilated and dissmembered a 12 yr old girl is just too flipping wierd. She must have been insane! Its hard to believe that anyone could name their son RAND.

The Libertarians have ruined the Republican Party. I cannot vote for the Ayn Randian-ists.