Mitt Romney Announces 2012 Presidential Exploratory Committee

Road to the White House…

Mitt Romney is in!

In a move long hoped for by many Americans, former Massachusetts’ Governor Mitt Romney announced the formation of a 2012 presidential exploratory committee today.

Mitt announced the formation of an exploratory committee for President of the United States with a youtube video, a link to the new MittRomney.com, and a tweet.

I am announcing my Exploratory Committee for President of the United States. Join us at http://www.mittromney.com #Mitt2012less than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

Since the announcement, the term “Mitt Romney” has consistently been trending on Twitter and Mitt’s social networks have exploded with new fans/subscribers/followers. Here’s the YouTube video that we all should log onto YouTube to watch and then “like”

Transcript of Romney’s video announcement and new Official Logo below the fold:

Hello, I’m Mitt Romney. This morning I spoke with a number of students here at the University of New Hampshire. Like young people all over the country, they wonder whether they’ll find good jobs when they graduate.

Last week, in Nevada, I walked through a neighborhood with homes vacant or in foreclosure. Unemployment there is over 13%. Across the nation, over 20 million Americans still can’t find a job, or have given up looking.

How has this happened in the nation that leads the world in innovation and productivity? The answer is that President Obama’s policies have failed. He and virtually all the people around him have never worked in the real economy. They just don’t know how jobs are created in the private sector.

That’s where I spent my entire career. In 1985, I helped found a company. At first, we had ten employees; today there are hundreds.

My work led me to become deeply involved in helping other businesses, from innovative startups to large companies going through tough times. Sometimes I was successful and helped create jobs, other times I was not. I learned how America competes with companies in other countries, why jobs leave, and how jobs are created here at home.

Later, when I served as governor of Massachusetts, I used the skills I had learned in 25 years in business to streamline state government, balance the budget every year, and restore a 2 billion dollar rainy day fund.

From my vantage point in business and in government, I have become convinced that America has been put on a dangerous course by Washington politicians, and it has become even worse during the last two years. But I am also convinced that with able leadership, America’s best days are still ahead.

That is why today I am announcing my Exploratory Committee for the Presidency of the United States.

It is time that we put America back on a course of greatness, with a growing economy, good jobs and fiscal discipline in Washington.

I believe in America. I believe in the freedom and opportunity, and the principles of our constitution, that have led us to become the greatest nation in the history of the earth – and I believe that these principles will confirm American’s future as well.

This effort is not about a person, it is about the cause of American freedom and greatness. I’d like to ask you to join with us – volunteer, donate, or just pass this along to a friend. Thanks so much.

Now that Gov Romney has announced his exploratory committee, we are collecting pledges for Mitt’s giant fundraiser tenatively scheduled for next month here. Please pledge and share this link with friends.

We invite Romney supporters to leave well wishes/thoughts in the comments section.

► Jayde Wyatt

Tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Mitt Romney Announces 2012 Presidential Exploratory Committee

1. Frank says:

WOO HOO Mitt!!!!! WAY TO GO!!! Hopefully now we can go down the path to take back our country. We are ready!

2. teresa says:

Finally a voice of reason and clarity. I am very happy to hear this news.

3. Luke says:

We we we so excited!!!

4. It’s on like Donkey Kong!

5. Sam says:

FOX NEWS ALERT: PRESIDENT MITT ROMNEY HAS JUST BEEN SWORN IN.

I love it

6. JD says:

Let’s do this!!!!

7. Chad Guertin says:

The wait is over, MITT ROMNEY 2012!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Rebel Ross says:

Democrats praise of Mitt Romney seems to be BACKFIRING! http://www.rightspeak.net/2011/04/democrats-praise-of-mitt-romney-seems.html

9. David T. says:

The is the best news I have heard in 3 years! Sooo glad!

10. Noelle says:

Woot! Mitt Romney for President 2012

Believe in America!

I’m so excited!

11. colleen says:

Perfect timing! Time to tune up America with Mitt! Too many wrong notes with Pres. Obama. Let’s unite, forget religious differences, and claim our shared heritage as free Americans. It is Turn Around Time in America with Mitt at the helm.

12. ml says:

Romney will not get my vote.

13. Graham says:

@ml

Awesome. Whatever time you waste here on people you can’t convince, is time that you’re not somewhere else with people you CAN convince. Have a great day.

14. Marilyn says:

Ben Smith over on politico is saying that Romney’s slogan was Kerry’s in 2004, “Believe in America”.

15. Daniel says:

Put me down as yet another democrat who plans to vote for Romney!

16. David says:

Save your money Mitt. WAY too much flip flopping. Will he call his run the “Say Anything” tour?

17. Pamela says:

So exited! I’ve waited for this day since the day he dropped out at CPAC. It’s been a long time!

18. VegasMike says:

Okay we now have our new up coming President getting in this race.
    How about this idea.
    Romney shows the MSM his long form birth certificate, all his college transcripts, his social security card, passport, pictures of friends from 1st grade thru college, pictures of him going to his church service, and lastly his resume, where it will actually shows he has run a business and has employees thousands.
    I think this would put a little pressure on ObamHA, and tick off a few in the press.
    VegasMike

19. KATHYE says:

YEAH.FINALLY, I AM SO EXCITED I CAN’T STAND IT, FINALLY SOME LIGHT AT THE END OF THIS NIGHTMARE IN THE WHITE HOUSE……….MITT ROMNEY THE NEXT POTUS, I WILL DO ALL I CAN TO HELP YOU….WE LOVE YA MITT…PLEASE SAVE US………………YOU ARE PURE CLASS
    AND A DECENT MORAL GOOD MAN…….THIS COUNTRY NEEDS YOUR BUSINESS MIND, LIKE NO OTHER………………………..YEAH

20. Hungarian Crusader says:

Finally, the White House will soon again be occupied by a true American!
    Romney, a man who will be respected and feared by the Russians, muslim terrorists, Chinese, a business savy genius, a hater of taxes-big spending, pledging to destroy ObamaCareLess, and reducing the size of gubmint.
    Oh yeah, and actually using American, natural resources, building nuclear reactors, natural gas, and using our mega, coal deposits.
    What crazy ideas……….says someone named Obama.

21. Hungarian Crusader says:

I should patent this phrase as soon as possible.

AMERICA HAS A HITT….WITH MITT!!!

It would look great on any t-shirt or poster. :)

22. KATHYE says:

Yeah finally Mitt, a class act, with morals and a business-mind like none other..to lead us out of this nightmare in d.c. a top shelf guy..
    he will win, america wake up, now and let’s help mitt into 2012

23. Jared A. says:

I’m so excited that Mitt Romney is in for 2012!!

As a way of showing our excitement that Mitt Romney is running in 2012, lets donate to his campaign as a way of saying, “Welcome Back!’We are excited for 2012!!”

Join the Money Bomb on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34202952949#!/event.php?eid=212806415411784

Be sure to invite others to donate to Mitt Romney this month!!

24. Brian says:

@Marilyn

And Obama’s slogan was Newt’s.

25. Dan says:

Here’s some great analysis of Mitt’s announcement: http://race42012.com/2011/04/11/more-analysis-of-romneys-announcement/

26. broses says:

You’re the one, Mitt. #2012

27. Mark says:

I will vote for Mitt Romney in 2012! Finally a breath of fresh air and hope for America.

28. Mark says:

@ Graham’s comment LOL

29. Marilyn says:

America has a hitt, with Mitt! I like it.

30. Butch says:

I have been waiting and finally someone comes to the forefront that sounds confident and makes some sense. I’m with you Mitt lets go gettem and straighten this country out. Together Lets Make This Country Great Again.