Governor Romney’s Statement on Today’s Horrific Shooting in Tucson, AZ

Governor Romney issued the following statement on the horrific shooting in Arizona:

"I offer my prayers to all the victims and their families..."

“Today’s horrifying shooting in Tucson shocks the conscience of decent Americans everywhere. When such an unspeakable act occurs, and lives are taken in violence, we rightly respond with comfort and support because that is the only way we know to show that evil does not triumph over goodness in the world. I offer my prayers to all the victims and their families, including Representative Gabrielle Giffords, and look forward to the swift and harsh punishment that awaits the perpetrator of this cowardly attack.”

UPDATE by Jayde – 2012 GOP presidential field on Giffords shooting: http://politi.co/hbBedX

About Aaron Gundy:

Tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Governor Romney’s Statement on Today’s Horrific Shooting in Tucson, AZ

1. Todd Harris says:

To my Brother in Christ Mitt Romney, thank you for being
    the man you are! It is Men like you that will help the Patriots of
    this great country combat the Evil’s within its borders as well as
    outside. You stand for truth, my Brother Glenn Beck stands for
    truth and so do I. Keep standing for truth and together with Gods
    help we will be a force to Combat the Evil’s of this land. Mitt
    will be the next president of the U.S.A…

2. I’ve read online about 8 or 9 responses from notable politicians on today’s events. If I read all 8 of them alongside Romney’s, and did not know who said which quote, I’m pretty I could select which one was Romney’s out of the bunch. I particularly agree with his last point.

3. Chris says:

Nate, I totally agree. Very non-political statement that asks for Justice be swift and harsh. He said the right words.

4. Sam says:

It’s important to note that this guy had NOTHING to do with the Tea Party. One of his favorite books is the Communist manifesto. He also is a long-time deranged troublemaker who is obsessed with police. Nothing he ever wrote or said makes any sense.

It makes me sick to see the Democrats on the Sunday talk shows accusing Palin and the Tea Party of being responsible. All the evidence shows that this guy hated all politicians and was a schizophrenic.

5. Jayde Wyatt says:

I don’t think Sarah Palin advocates violence, but her “Don’t retreat – just reload” comments when health care passed (and on her reality show), along with her gun ‘crosshairs’ map showing Gabrielle Giffords’ location in AZ (incl her name and the names and locations of others) has brought scrutiny and criticism upon her.

Also, this may have been funny to Conservatives4Palin at the time, but who’s laughing now? Video depicting Palin shooting Mitt Romney:

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDOykmey7-I&feature=player_embedded

I thought it was in extremely poor taste then and as it turns out now – foolish.

6. Sam says:

Palin did open the door for criticism, but she is still not even remotely responsible. The Democrats are trying to use this incident as a way of killing the conservative movement.

Recall the Charles Manson murders, which was the dagger in the heart of the hippie movement. The Dems want this to kill the Tea Party.

7. Jayde Wyatt says:

I agree; Palin isn’t responsible.

As a Tea Party girl, I knew from almost the inception of the Tea Party that progressives would seek to nullify the movement. That’s why exercising wisdom regarding gun-crosshairs-retreat-reload-shooting-maps-video rhetoric should have been exercised. Why play into their hands?

Perhaps this will be a learning experience for Palin and her supporters.

P.S. I’ve yet to see/read one comment from a Palin supporter admit that she should have been more judicial with her rhetoric and their own. What I have seen are tweets criticizing Romney for not being ‘out there’ defending Palin now – for what she brought on herself. That’s beyond the pale. Romney has always supported her; in fact, no 2008 GOP presidential candidate worked harder than Romney to elect her.

By the way, he’s rather busy at the present moment – pounding the dust in the Middle East, meeting with General Petraeus/other war Generals, Karzai, Netanyahu, and King Abdullah.