Nikki Haley, With Romney & Palin Support, Takes Lead in SC's Race for Governor

Romney & Haley

After an entire year of being the underdog in South Carolina’s gubernatorial race, Nikki Haley has suddenly captured the lead!

She may owe this abrupt jump in polls to some really big endorsements, including initial nods from Mitt Romney, Jenny Sanford, and Erick Erickson of RedState – followed by the more recent endorsement of the rogue herself, Sarah Palin.

More from the Washington Post:

State legislator Nikki Haley seizes the lead in the four-way GOP primary for governor of South Carolina. An automated Rasmussen poll of 912 Republicans has Haley surging from 12 to 30 percent support in a month, leapfrogging the state’s attorney general, lieutenant governor and a congressman, all with more money and institutional support. One reason, as I posted last week — Gov. Mark Sanford’s (R-S.C.) political PAC reactivated recently and spent $400,000 on sunny Haley TV ads.

This is only one Rasmussen poll, and unless a candidate scores 50 percent of the vote he or she goes to a run-off, but what would a Haley win mean? It would be a massive victory for the conservative grass roots, especially RedState, which have promoted her endlessly. And it would be a boon for Mitt Romney, who won Haley’s endorsement in 2008, endorsed her this year, and would obviously be expected to win it in 2012.

Just yesterday, Romney’s PAC sent out this reminder to all Facebook Fans and Twitter followers:

With the South Carolina gubernatorial primary election less than three weeks away, a new Rasmussen poll now shows Nikki Haley leading her closest opponent by 11 points. Nikki Haley represents a new generation of conservative leadership for South Carolina. Please consider supporting her campaign.”

Check out her new TV ad:

Nikki Haley’s Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/NikkiHaleyforGovernor
Nikki Haley’s Twitterhttp://twitter.com/nikkihaley

~Luke G.

About Luke Gunderson:

Real Estate Enthusiast, Unapologetic Mitt Romney Fan, Sandwich Guru, DMB Lover, Hulu Junkie, Smart Cookie

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Nikki Haley, With Romney & Palin Support, Takes Lead in SC's Race for Governor

1. Nate G. says:

Awesome! I particularly pleased the recent polling for this race. I hope Haley wins, she will make an excellent governor.

2. Luke says:

Did you watch the Sarah Palin endorsement? Lots of random incoherent babbling.

3. Gary says:

You losers have GOT to be kidding.

Romney endorsed Nikki a while back and no one cared. She was in 4th place. Sarah Palin steps in, and in a week she is in FIRST place.

Romney is a pathetic loser.

He was here in Texas with our governor, and absolutely no one cared.

On the Other hand, Sarah Palin came ON SUPERBOWL SUNDAY, and over 10,000 showed up. Perry was in trouble too. After Sarah endorsed him, Perry won the primary in a LANDSLIDE.

So far, other than Scott Brown…who has turned out to be a democrat, as he votes with them on every issue he shouldn’t, a Romney endorsement is worthless. Hell, the guy got booed in UTAH, and his boy didn’t even make the first cut!

I sure hope Romney runs though. It’ll be fun watching him get eviscerated. He doesn’t stand a snowball’s chance in hell!!

America has had enough squishy country club establishment Republicans. Hell, they are worse than the Marxist-democrats. Not only do they facilitate the Marxist agenda of destruction, they damage the Republican brand while doing it!

Anyway, please, please, PLEASE let that weak loser run.

4. Luke says:

@Gary
    Ha ha! As you were typing that, one of Mitt’s endorsements Charles Djou just won.

Mr. Djou would be the first Republican elected to Congress in Hawaii, which has two congressional seats, in two decades and the third since statehood in 1959. And he would do it in President Obama’s home district where Mr. Obama was born, where his grandmother lived, where his sister and other family members live, where he attended Punahou High School, as did Mr. Djou, and where he garnered 70 percent of the vote in his presidential election.

As for the 2012 primaries Mitt would crush Sarah in the debates! She could barely hold her ground in 2008 against Joe “Brain Dead” Biden!

5. Luke says:

@Gary
    And I am not a Sarah hater… Just saying I couldn’t EVER see her giving the State of the Union address.

6. Gary says:

@Luke
    Let’s see what kind of a guy Djou is before we start patting each other on the back! .

Palin would KILL Romney in a debate. She’ll hit him with so many rights, he’d beg for a left! She mopped the floor with Biden, and only a moron would think different. Go do a little You Tube search and look at her debates when she ran for Governor. She destroyed the sitting Republican Governor…an old hand, and a third candidate. Just destroyed them, and did the same to Tony Knowles, who was a former democrat Governor.

Go ahead and think Sarah is dumb and Mitt is smart. Hell, Mitt couldn’t even beat Huckaphony or McCain, despite spending a huge chunk of his kid’s inheritance. If the best he could do was third among those losers……….

BTW, while Sarah has been out there for a year, taking on every major issue (and rallying America behind her) Romney his been hiding under his desk.

Where’s Romney on ObamaCare? Oh, that’s right, his idiotic plan was the BLUEPRINT for ObamaCare. oooops….!! He can’t talk about that, because RomneyCare is a friggin’ disaster.

Where is the guy on energy? (crickets)

How about Illegal immigration? Haven’t heard NOTHING from Romney. Sarah not only was there when Jan Brewer signed the Arizona bill into law, the two made a VERY public appearance later at the Diamondbacks ball game!

Since then, she has been all over it, and NOW Brewer and Palin have a whole deal called Secure the Border. Huge effort. Again, where is your boy at??

I’ve got a whole package on Romney. Everything he claims to be is BS. He’s supposed to be some superdooper business guy, but he sucked as Governor. He ran on creating jobs, but Mass was DEAD LAST in job creation on his watch. He was pathetic as CEO of the state.

On the other hand, Sarah was the highest rated Governor in the country. She cleaned up massive corruption, balanced the budget, and looked Big Oil right in the eye and told them how it was going to be. That battle was so epic Kay Cashman wrote a book about it!

You think she can’t take on Romney? Hell, she took on the CEO of Exxon-Mobil!! Not only that, but she was RIGHT, and the same CEO says so!

Where is Romney taking it to Obama? Sarah hammers that Chicago street thug daily!

Mitt is a flip flopper. He has no core values. On the other hand, one knows EXACTLY where Sarah stands.

Like I said, bring your weak ass candidate on. He’ll make a nice snack for Sarah before she takes down Obama.

7. Luke says:

@Gary
    Sounds like someone need to take a chill pill, and then get his fact straight!

8. Stacy says:

Sounds like Luke has no argument… Well done, Gary!

9. Gary says:

@Luke
    Luke, tell me where I’m wrong!

Name on fact I got wrong.

Look, if you want me to be honest, I sort of liked Romney at first. (I knew nothing much about him) I was not a McCain fan.

On the other hand, I am a HUGE believer in Sarah Palin, and knew all about her well before the 2008 campaign season was even on anyone’s mind. The first time I heard of her was right after she became Governor of Alaska. She fascinated me. The first really principled politician I have seen since Ronald Reagan.

Anyhow, didn’t take me long before I realized she would be President, and sooner, not later. In fact, I was one of those pushing her as a VP choice before we even had our nominee. I was shocked that McCain was smart enough to pick her out of the 27 people his team vetted for the job. Choosing Sarah is the man’s greatest accomplishment.

Anyhow, have followed her for a long time, and she has never disappointed. This woman is a fighter, a leader. America needs leaders, fighters. Not squishes and flip floppers.

We are at war in this nation. It’s us against the communists. Obama is evil. He and his kind are destroying the country. They want to destroy the country. Romney and squishes like him don’t get it. Sarah does, she gets it in her very soul.

This is why she’s a winner. It’s why she will be our next President. Why do you think the media is all over her, trashing her daily? They are freaking out. So is the White House. Obama pisses himself every time her name is mentioned.

Obama sent a bunch of thugs up to Alaska and tried to destroy her and her family. That was the biggest mistake that idiot ever made. She’s out for blood, and draws it regularly.

Romney is an elite. Past that he’s a wimp. He wouldn’t know how to rip Obama’s throat out and piss down his neck, but Sarah does! And that is exactly what is needed. That woman has balls, something none of her male counterparts own.

BTW, I don’t hate Mitt. I’m positive he’s a nice guy, but he is not presidential material. He doesn’t have the experience, temperament, judgment, or ability to be POTUS. Sarah Palin does. It’s just that simple.

I hope he runs though. Be a really nice workout for Sarah. don’t want to make it look like it was just handed to her.

Anyhow, I challenge you to tell me where I’m wrong. And use facts, not BS. I have the facts on Romney read to go to back me up!!

10. Luke says:

@Stacy
    I am not going to argue every point with Gary. If he wants he can check out the site and find out where Romney stands on the issues . Mitt did just put out a book that covers most of the major issues as well. I would be be more then willing to send him a free copy, if he promised to read it.

Like I said before, I don’t hate Sarah. I think she is/will play a critical role in Conservatives reclaiming America in 2010 and 2012. I just happen to think that Mitt Romney is better suited for the role of POTUS.
    Only time will tell (I like Mitt odds)!

11. Stacy says:

Hey Luke,
    I’ve got a tip for you, buddy. Don’t ever say things like “Lots of random incoherent babbling” in reference to anyone who’s name is not Obama… It only make you look stupid to those that actually know.
    By saying that sort of garbage you display a willingness to use left-wing attacks against someone who is actually fighting for the people right now.
    Yes, everybody knows Mitt has a lot of extra books (daggers) hanging around. I’m pretty sure he says really great things in the book (I like the title a lot) however, Mitt can’t be trusted to stand by his words. Sarah Palin is unflinching in her principles. She doesn’t bend with he wind like Mitt has done so many times. She doesn’t care if you like her or not.. She is who she is, and “phony” she is not.
    I actually voted for Mitt in the Primary last presidential election. I thought he was the best pick out of the group. But he’s no Sarah Palin and you really shouldn’t demean her or underestimate her if you and the others on “Team Mitt” know what’s good for your cause.
    “The landscape of Alaska is littered with the bodies of those who have crossed Sarah” -Dave Dittman (That’s a metaphor BTW, she’s not from Chicago after all)

12. Gary says:

@Luke
    Luke…

That’s the chicken way out. Where Romney “stands on the issues” is a meaningless exercise. They guy blows with the wind. Hell, when he ran against Ted Kennedy, he ran to the left of him. When he ran for POTUS he claimed he was Reagan re-incarnate! Then, afterwards he and Jeb Bush went on a “forget Reagan” tour!

I’m sure he’s a decent man, but as a politician you can’t believe a word he says! He flips and flops and flops and flips.

The guy embraced Planned Parenthood, for God sake. Planned Parenthood was founded by Margaret Sanger, a eugenicist who inspired Hitler, and was a favorite at Klan rallies. Her whole deal on promoting abortion was to get ride of “blacks and other undesirables” who she called “human weeds.” A vile woman, with an evil mind. That’s why democrats embrace her so.

Look, Ronald Reagan was pro-choice before he saw the light, but he never embraced PP, an absolute racist organization.

The big thing though is Mitt was just a crappy Governor. He might have been a decent business man, sorta, but that doesn’t mean he has clue one about running government.

On the other hand, Sarah Palin has a two decades long record of proven ability. She’s been superior to her peers since day one. She’s fought corruption from day one. She’s always run a tight ship.

Hell, as Governor she was able to fulfill every single campaign promise she made, and well ahead of schedule. And she faced a HOSTILE legislature. The Republican hated her, because she sent more than a few of them to prison, and of COURSE the democrats hated her. And yet, she got stuff done!

Sarah is out there shaping her own Congress, actively getting behind real good people. Think what a powerhouse like her will do with a friendly legislature! We just might survive the after effects of Obama!

Frankly, after her speech in Denver last night, it’s over for everyone else. She’s given some incredible speeches, but man, this one was off the hook.

She was on Fox News Sunday this morning and ripped Obama a new you know what. The woman doesn’t even know how to pull punches. That’s what we want, and need a LEADER who will take it to the enemy at every opportunity, and never, ever back down.

Romney just ain’t that guy. Sarah is.

13. Luke says:

@Stacy
    You can’t tell me that was a good speech! I just call it like it is!
    P.S. We’re not buddies.

@Gary
    Like I said… You need to get you facts straight before regurgitating them in comment form!