Public Policy Polling asks 614 Republican Primary voters: If the Republican candidates for President in 2012 were Mike Huckabee, Sarah Palin, Ron Paul, and Mitt Romney who would you support? [table "8" not found /]
What I find interesting:
- Romney is right in the mix with all conservatives and GOP, but is far ahead of the pack with moderates and independents, which bodes very well for the general election and electability.
- Every poll I see shows that Romney consistency outperforms with men, but lacks with women.
- Palin does very poorly among independents at 3%. I would be very concerned about that if she goes to the general election.
- That big goose-egg (or dash) for Romney with the young crowd has to be a concern. Expanding online campaign to be more ‘hip’ is a must.
- Palin at 60% with 18-29? I have now idea why that would be so extraordinarily high.
- Romney continues to dominate the Northeast while Huckabee continues his reign in the South
What think you?
Poll Source: Public Policy Polling, March 19, 2010 (PDF Press Release)