RT correspondent Kristine Frazao (the Alyona Show) reports on MittRomney’s ‘No Apology’ book tour, recent National Press Club speech, and speculates on a possible Romney 2012 presidential run:

When questioned why NPC attendees were ‘smitten’ with Romney, his experience, eloquence, and looks were mentioned. Frazao elaborates further:

“Everyone that I spoke to said we like his morals, his ethical background. We like that he has five children. As you heard in the story – that he married his college sweetheart. We like that he has grandchildren[…]They see him as a family man[…]They see him as somebody kind of centered in his moral compass[...].”

*Mitt Romney: Why I’m Backing McCain

‘No Apology’ volunteer (Love this guy!):

Go Mitt!”

*(HT to Nancy French @ EFM & Frank.)

Tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Mitt Romney: Why He Supports John McCain, ‘No Apology’ Book Tour Precursor to 2012 Presidential Run?

1. Brian says:

I don’t have a problem with his endorsement of McCain. However, I’m a bit surprised he hasn’t been hammered by the base for it like Palin was.

2. Lori says:

Brian are you kidding? The base gave Palin a pass because they understood she really had no choice. It was Romney and only Romney that was hammered. So many Republican leaders endorsed McCain but only Romney gets Rush Limbaugh to say he has committed political suicide. Not Pawlenty, not Huckabee, not Palin, not the myriad others. Only Romney. Why? I would like to ask Rush. I can only surmise that he thinks Romney has a future and the others don’t.

3. Marybeth says:

Both Mitt & Palin had a choice. I’m not happy that either one of them endorsed McCain. McCain is a huge part of what is wrong with the GOP these days.

4. Brian says:

@Marybeth

I agree, but it doesn’t matter now. Just about everybody that’s anybody in the Republican Party has lined up behind McCain. None of them will be hurt by it.

5. MJ in AZ says:

I am beyond frustrated with Romney for endorsing McCain !! I will hammer !! I totally worked for Mitt last time and I just don’t get it. Why????? McCain has so much power. I am from Arizona and neither Mitt or Palin will convince me to vote for McCain.

6. MJ in AZ says:

Romney does not understand how much we dislike McCain here in Arizona.

7. Tom says:

@MJ in AZ
    I think Mitt knows based on the fact that he didn’t do any campaigning in Arizona and still came within 10 points of Sen. McCain in the primary. I wouldn’t vote for McCain if I lived in Arizona either. However, I wouldn’t vote for Hayworth and I understand how McCain in the senate will make things easier for Mitt when Mitt is president than JD would.