Ron Paul Wins CPAC? Fox News Releases Winner before CPAC?

I’m a little perturbed that FOX News released the results of the poll before it was announced before at CPAC. It came up on twitter almost a full 10 minutes before the actual announcement.

CPAC attendees have spoken and have chosen RON PAUL for their preference for the GOP nomination in 2012? Romney had won the contest in 2009, 2008, and 2007 (click here for results for all three years). The straw poll was open all Thursday and closed at 1:00 on Friday. This year is said to be different from previous years as there has not been much push or buzz to win the poll, though it’s obvious the Campaign for Liberty had their eye on the prize. Congratulations to Ron Paul and all of his supporters! We’ll see ya’ll again next year!

ron paul wins cpac

Mitt Romney
Rick Santorum
John Thune
Other (write in)
Undecided

~Nate Gunderson

Nate owns and manages a small souvenir manufacturing business. He and his wife of 12 years have 2 children. Nate has been blogging for Mitt Romney since late 2006 and is co-founder and editor of MittRomneyCentral.com.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ YouTube

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Ron Paul Wins CPAC? Fox News Releases Winner before CPAC?

1. Rebel Ross says:

I don’t think booing was appropriate. It’s not like Ron Paul did anything wrong. In fact, he would make a fine addition to Mitt’s cabinet in 2012. It was heartening to hear the uproarious cheering for Mitt though. Back to Paul, I have a lot of respect for him. He doesn’t let lobbyists influence him and he speaks him mind and presents his views to the best of his ability. I don’t agree with him on everything, but I respect him. Either way, Mitt 2012! It’s time to Bring America Back!

2. Stacy says:

The straw poll is meaningless… Sarah Palin 2012!

3. Mike says:

I respect the article’s very gracious tone. Nice to see some reasonable people out there not always attacking Ron. It’s his day right now so let him enjoy it. But keep fighting.

4. Paulee says:

CONGRATULATIONS, RON PAUL AND SUPPORTERS….ENJOY THIS AWARD..YOU STOOD ON AUDIT THE FEDS AND WORRIED YOURSELF ENDLESSLY ABOUT OUR DEBT….WELL, TODAY YOU RECEIVED THE HONOR OF WINNING THE CPAC STRAW POLL. I DON’T AGREE WITH MANY OF PAUL’S POSITIONS AND WOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT HIS AGE..

I MUST STAY TRUE TO MY POSITIONS AND WILL REMAIN ON THE ROMNEY TEAM….2012…MITT WAS EXCELLENT, AND HIS SPEECH WAS ALSO…

5. Jon E. S. says:

What does it really matter? Winning CPAC 3 years in a row didn’t win Romney the nomination. No big deal. Ron Paul may seem a little crazy at times but I think his heart is in the right place and a lot of the stuff he says makes sense-especially the way the Democrats are running this country into the ground as quickly as they can.

6. Jayde Wyatt says:

Congrats to Ron Paul on winning the Straw Poll at CPAC 2010.

Too bad FOX News stole the announcement thunder by revealing the winner on air before CPAC made the announcement.

7. Congrats to Ron Paul! However, we know how much the Paul people have infiltrated the polls to skew the reality of correct polling….is it possible that they did the same thing at CPAC?

8. P.S. I am very surprised and suspicious that Ron Paul REALLY won this poll with the Bush attacking and anti Iraq war rhetoric. It is either one of 2 things: 1. Conservatives have changed their views on Iraq, or 2. Ron Paul supporters infiltrated this poll.

I am convinced it is the latter. If so, this poll does not reflect reality.

9. Tom says:

Sure Ron Paul supporters flooded the polls, but that’s what you’re supposed to do. I don’t hold that against any of them. I congratulate them. If everyone at the conference voted, Mitt would’ve won, but the fact that the Ron Paul people were more motivated to vote gave Ron the victory. Maybe a higher percentage of people will vote next time. Anyway, I’d love to hear some predictions for the SLRC since Mitt’s book tour prevents him from attending. Will Ron Paul win that one? What do ya’ll think?

10. Tom,

I hope that Ron Paul wins. If not Mitt, I hope it is Ron Paul, not the other 3. Paul is not Mitt’s competition.

11. Chris says:

Was Mitt invited to the SLRC? I know it conflicts with his book tour.

12. Luke says:

Chris,
    Yup, he was invited.

13. BOSMAN says:

I congratulate Dr. Paul for having the BEST Strategy at CPAC that got him the votes to win. Saying that, Dr. Paul is no where to be found in the National Polls. (Gallup, PPP, Rasmussen, etc). These Polls are NATIONAL and not a small sample of a handful of participants at one weekend conference. The results of THIS STRAW POLL, reflects the preference of this small gathering. Nothing more, nothing less. The National polls reflect a broad spectrum of voters and is a better predictor of the feelings of voters at any given time. Romney continues to top these national polls. I don’t see anything changing that.

14. RPfan says:

The most people have voted in this straw poll than ever before. I believe a 40 percent increase then last years. CFL and YAL were in full effect at the conference and is just a sample of what to expect in the coming years.

15. The important thing to remember about this poll is that Mitt won this poll among potential candidates for 2012 or which Ron Paul is not considered.

So, Mitt won the poll among candidates for 2012.

16. Makeli says:

i’ve been tracking the politico poll on who deserved to win the strawpoll. ron paul jumped up like 20 points in an hour. his supporters are good, i have to say.

17. Chris says:

paul is 74 yrs old. I get it that Ronald R was oldtoo, as was McCain. But something tells me that Paul won’t be running for president in 2 years.

18. Paulee says:

Last night, Levine said, they stacked the poll, as they always do….

19. Tracy says: