One Nation Under God

3517189322_5b7ab58f4bGiven all that is taking place in America, including yesterday’s approval vote of the Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R. 3962 (words that smear lipstick on a pig!) in the House of Representatives, it’s good to step back and reflect on the BIG picture. With that in mind, I want to share an interactive link to a magnificent piece of art that captures the tipping point in which we Americans now find ourselves.

Characterized as what may be the most important new painting of the 21st century, Artist Jon McNaughton’s One Nation Under God came as inspiration to him in the middle of the 2008 elections. The research for this amazing new work took McNaughton about six months to complete; the actual painting was a four month effort. According to the artist, he “had one shot at this and he had to get it right.”

Artist McNaughton describes his painting: “Christ is holding up the U.S. Constitution while behind him are the Founding Fathers and other patriotic heroes from the past two centuries speaking to us from the dust. (Note the symbolism of  dust at their feet.) They are asking us to remember the foundation of our country’s greatness and the liberties defined under the Constitution.”

Summarizing One Nation Under God as something “that would make people talk and think,” McNaughton emphasizes that he doesn’t want people to conclude from his painting that everyone in America has to be a Christian.  He wants his painting to express the origin of our nation’s strength.

Feast your eyes upon One Nation Under God here. Rich in symbolism, it includes over 60 images, including 40 patriotic heroes. McNaughton also depicts figures that lean toward socialism – which is contrary to his belief in the U.S. Constitution. As you run your cursor over each image, a description and reason why it was included in the painting is revealed on the right-hand side of your screen. Taking time to ponder this painting – even down to the scattered papers on the steps – will evoke feelings of deep appreciation for our beloved Republic, the United States Constitution, and the blessings of freedom. It also reminds that our independence and freedoms are eroding. It calls us to action.

GESVCAC2J66RCA413CMDCALOYACACACNIGEOCA6CFTS0CAAXPXOUCANLUF46CACEYS52CAA50U50CA83W6TVCA21Z7L2CAIKLBJYCA11P64UCAXTVOS3CA3QUTUACA8ABLVNCAC9XEWSCAMDENB0CAMTYLJIMitt Romney (Faith in America speech):

“…We can be deeply thankful that we live in a land where reason and religion are friends and allies in the cause of liberty, joined against the evils and dangers of the day. And you can be certain of this: Any believer in religious freedom, any person who has knelt in prayer to the Almighty, has a friend and ally in me. And so it is for hundreds of millions of our countrymen: We do not insist on a single strain of religion — rather, we welcome our nation’s symphony of faith.

Recall the early days of the First Continental Congress in Philadelphia, during the fall of 1774. With Boston occupied by British troops, there were rumors of imminent hostilities and fears of an impending war. In this time of peril, someone suggested that they pray. But there were objections. They were too divided in religious sentiments, what with Episcopalians and Quakers, Anabaptists and Congregationalists, Presbyterians and Catholics.

Then Sam Adams rose, and said he would hear a prayer from anyone of piety and good character, as long as they were a patriot. And so together they prayed, and together they fought, and together, by the grace of God, they founded this great nation.

In that spirit, let us give thanks to the divine author of liberty. And together, let us pray that this land may always be blessed with freedom’s holy light.

God bless this great land, the United States of America.

May we never tire in upholding life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness while defending our United States Constitution.
one-nation-under-god

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to One Nation Under God

1. Deborah Parks says:

I strongly believe “one nation under God” is very much correct. To think that our government is taking God away from our country & government is inexcuseable. Here in the state of MS. ,30 years ago, in elementary school, before our classes would start, we children would recite the Pledge of Allegence as well as the Lord’s prayer. Now, this is unheard of. I have no problem if people from other cultures wish to come here, LEGALLY, but when we have to change &/or quit our traditions, that is not right. It’s un-constitutional. I/we wouldn’t go to their countries and expect them to change in order to accomodate us.

2. Deborah Parks says:

3. Paulee says:

Thanks Jayde, right in thought of why The American Freedom Cross…Great to tie Mitt in with this…I got two people to see Mitt in a positive light at the Tea Party…Inch by inch, folks…Stand tall and speak with passion….Mitt2012

4. Paulee says:

5. Jayde says:

@Deborah Parks
    In elementary school, every morning we’d sing the Star Spangled Banner, say the Pledge of Allegiance, and then sing My Country ‘Tis of Thee. It was my favorite. Can’t imagine this song being sung nowadays…especially not the 4th verse!

My Country, ‘Tis of Thee
    Text: Samuel F. Smith, 1808-1895

1. My country,’ tis of thee,
    Sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing;
    Land where my fathers died,
    Land of the pilgrims’ pride,
    From every mountainside let freedom ring!

2. My native country, thee,
    Land of the noble free, thy name I love;
    I love thy rocks and rills,
    Thy woods and templed hills;
    My heart with rapture thrills, like that above.

3. Let music swell the breeze,
    and ring from all the trees sweet freedom’s song;
    Let mortal tongues awake;
    Let all that breathe partake;
    Let rocks their silence break, the sound prolong.

4. Our fathers’ God, to thee,
    Author of liberty, to thee we sing;
    Long may our land be bright
    with freedom’s holy light;
    Protect us by thy might, great God, our King.

6. Jayde says:

@Deborah Parks

My Country, ‘Tis of Thee
    Text: Samuel F. Smith, 1808-1895

1. My country,’ tis of thee,
    Sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing;
    Land where my fathers died,
    Land of the pilgrims’ pride,
    From every mountainside let freedom ring!

2. My native country, thee,
    Land of the noble free, thy name I love;
    I love thy rocks and rills,
    Thy woods and templed hills;
    My heart with rapture thrills, like that above.

3. Let music swell the breeze,
    and ring from all the trees sweet freedom’s song;
    Let mortal tongues awake;
    Let all that breathe partake;
    Let rocks their silence break, the sound prolong.

4. Our fathers’ God, to thee,
    Author of liberty, to thee we sing;
    Long may our land be bright
    with freedom’s holy light;
    Protect us by thy might, great God, our King.

7. Jayde says:

@Paulee
    Paulee, great job! I wish I could have been at your Tea Party! You are doing what all Romney supporters should do: Look for teaching opportunities to engage in friendly, personal conversations with friends and neighbors regarding Mitt’s unique and needed qualifications to lead our nation.

Please consider leaving more info here regarding your ‘Freedom Cross’ movement!

Mitt 2012!

8. Jayde says:

@Paulee

Please consider leaving more info here regarding your ‘Freedom Cross’ movement!

Mitt 2012!

9. Paulee says:

Jayde, do you have an e-mail address I can forward what I am forwarding to all Tea Party sites? If so, I can forward to you… I will wait for your response…thx, hope all is better with your computer…I put mini clear lights on mine….I love it!!!! Shows up great at night…. later, my friend…

10. Paulee says:

11. Paulee says:

Mitt’s words are always so fitting for the occasion.He is born to be a leader, and we will be ignorant if we pass him by this time….Not Us, but America…..

12. Paulee says:

13. Tanya says:

This is a beautiful painting and an inspired artist. Thanks for sharing!

14. Tanya says:

This is a beautiful painting and an inspired artist. Thanks for sharing!

15. Jayde Wyatt says:

Tanya, thanks for taking the time to study and enjoy the ‘One Nation Under God’ painting.

16. Jayde Wyatt says: